Casio/Digital watch thread

post your bullshit here.
ask question

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3zoP4FSTK7k
youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4
ebay.com/itm/Casio-F91W-1D-Digital-Watch-Brand-New-100-Authentic-NM-/161490340511?hash=item2599930a9f:g:TDwAAOSwQjZXP2BY
amazon.com/Casio-A158WEA-9CF-Classic-Digital-Bracelet/dp/B005JVP2NU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there any difference between the random assortment of ones from China on eBay? Any difference between paying $9 and $12?

the ones from ebay from China could be fakes.
mostly recolored F91 models with no casio logo.

there are plenty of Casio original vs. fake videos on youtube.

some fakes have discolight functions and keep time really badly. some watches with metal bracelet might be cheaply made too so that it could actually fall off your wrist or the clasp is all fucked up and the edges are uncomfortable and sharp.

better buy original.

Can't you Americans get an F-91 for like seven bucks on Amazon?

this. on amazon it's mostly safe because people report it if it's a fake offer.

>Big Boss watch

awesome, well, almost, it's not the Seiko vintage one.

#based

I wanna get a f91w for my new job to help me keep time.
$24 is the cheapest I can find it in Australia.
Is it fairly solid? It's a labour job
Also how water resistant is it?

copped last year

favourite watch by far

It's splash resistant but you can't submerge it in water. You'd need a G-shock

Opinions?

ID?

what watch is this?

are you blind? it's written above the screen retards

>Also how water resistant is it?

30m.

honestly, the Casio W-59 is better because it has 50m WR and costs about as much.

some dude also made a video where he tested it while going swimming in the ocean and it sufficed like that.

true WR for swimming and such is 100m though but since it can handle it anyway, it's all good.

elektronika 5

>Is it fairly solid? It's a labour job

it's a resin case so yes it will last. the glass is plastic though so that might get fucked up sooner or later getting scratches and all.

but it doesn't matter since it's cheap.

the design is so cool but I could use more WR.
it's kinda outdoorsy so that's a wasted opportunity.

That's a nice watch. I also like casio al180.

i like this, what is the model ?

Hey, cool thread. I've actually been complimented on this piece in public. It was pretty funny, the guy actually asked if it was an F-91W by name and called it a "beautiful machine." I had no idea they were so popular until that, it was just a watch I'd been keeping in my drawer for years after the strap broke. I put a NATO strap on it because I needed a watch and I've been wearing it since.

I've got two questions for those who might be more knowledgeable: first, why is it yellow/gold? All the other F-91Ws I see have blue accents. My mom got this for me for Christmas a long time ago so I have no idea where it's from, and weirdly enough hers is also blue. Is it a fake or something? Do these watches even have fakes?

Secondly, how do you fix a muted watch? I tinkered with it a while ago when the display was on the fritz and managed to fix that, but since then the hourly beeps and the alarm have been muted. Any known fixes for this?

I'm digging how light this thing is.

My casio a158w clasp keeps slipping down the metal strap, is there anyway to stop this?

the golden frame of your watch is normal. It's just a different color variation of the F91w. there is one with a green frame as well. the blue ones are the most common ones that are being sold. so don't worry, it's not a fake. Looks really cool. They sell fully colored ones since a while now too.

Can't help you with the Technical question. Sry.

>Do these watches even have fakes?

yes but yours most likely isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zoP4FSTK7k

youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4

Can someone tell if this is fake or not?

depends more on the functions.

if you press the bottom right button for 3 seconds the display should show "casio" on it.
if it does, it's most likely not a fake.

if you press all three buttons you should see all the black LCD characters the watch has at once. press any button to remove that view.
same here. if it does all that, it's not a fake.

caseback should give some indications as well.
bracelet might be even cheaper than the original one, that points towards it being fake.

also, if you have a green LED light and not a multicolor one, it's not a fake. discolight ones are all fakes afaik.

also, pic related, just posting for fun.
those are the official new color models by casio.
I want a yellow one tbqh.

every other colorway with black regular display from a normal f91w is a fake.

you see that little "u" letter beneath "RESIST" on the lower right? that's an indicator for an original one.

he ruined the meme.
but cool ideas but the display edges sticking out looks not very clean.

>buttons stopped working on my al58w

Buy a new one or fix it?

>tfw these things are stupidly expensive because Bond wore one once

Fugggg that looks nice

buy new

coming in the mail soon

git gud fgt

guys, what is the most low-profile silver basic casio? i dont know much about them but i like the silver/gold ones. im looking for the most minimalist and lightweight one they have.

thanks in advance

it's most likely the Casio A158WEA-1EF.
you can usually get it on amazon.

alternatively, Casio B640 in silver is also still pretty low key because the face isn't full of colored letters and all that compared to the older models.

nice yeah that one is super clean looking

thanks

My little metal grey clasp from my Casio broke. Is there a replacement part or should I not be poor and just buy a new watch?

That one is super clean and lit af.
I think I might be getting one soon.

Still holding up well.

You can replace the band if that does break. I've had two bands break on me.

beefy as fugg

What do you guys think of this?

it's very ugly with that green but I do like the idea of a round case on digital watches instead of square ones.

you could buy a new silver bracelet. I think they offer those but they might be almost as expensive as the watch, so buy a new one.

How is the Nixon brand of watches?

I wear this one on occasion. I've gotten multiple comments about it when out. I have no idea why is so fucking expensive on Amazon now. I bought it from them when it was $15.

sk8rboi tier

Does a fucking 10 dollar watch need this much discussion?

I think because the B640 is a newer model and not
vintage like most others.

normie leave

Name?

Depends, do you think the ongoing discussion on "white shoes" can handle losing a thread?

Got this at Target about a month ago. I really like it.

I bought this F91W from Singapore for free shipping to Canada.

ebay.com/itm/Casio-F91W-1D-Digital-Watch-Brand-New-100-Authentic-NM-/161490340511?hash=item2599930a9f:g:TDwAAOSwQjZXP2BY

Looks legit to me.

>normie
>le ebin Veeky Forums fashion club
Fuck off kid. Wearing and discussing casio doesn't make you a non-normie
>people asking whether or not a $10 watch is fake
>people asking whether or not they should cop a $10 watch as if it's some big investment

Thoughts?

lol. btfo and triggered just because I called you normie.

cool. there is also one now with silver case, looks just the same.

casio is Veeky Forums especially that watch

I've been looking at one of these but I'm worried that the buttons are shitty compared to my CA-53W

This is probably the ultimate pleb question, but if I'm right-handed do I wear my watch on the left arm and vice versa, or is it whatever feels natural?

Should I wear it so that I look at the underside of my wrist or is that lame?

Watch-novice here.

Just got this a few days ago. I'm really digging it and its been complimented a few times.

Just a heads up, these don't have any sort of back-light in them. Once its lights out you wont be able to see anything on it. Also the screen is not the strongest compared to the F-91w line of watches. Viewing at a angle is not as clear.

I tried wearing one on the regular but switched back to a non calc watch for the light.

which is that?

i want this but with the silver face instead of black... help?

checked, sweet watch, w2c sweater

amazon.com/Casio-A158WEA-9CF-Classic-Digital-Bracelet/dp/B005JVP2NU

Your watch should always be worn on your off-hand, and wearing it on the inside of your wrist looks tryhard.

K thanks.

If you happen to be set on the F91W for its minimalist looks and small size, and don't want a bulkier GSHOCK, then you could try hydro-modding your watch.

I did it to my F91W two weeks ago and aside from some excess oil leaking out in the first two days after, it's been solid since then. I don't swim or otherwise have any method to pressure test it, though, but in theory it should be a lot more resistant to water pressure.

I personally think this is dumb. Wear it on whatever arm feels comfortable.

I'm right-handed, and I can't stand having my watch on my left wrist. I don't mind looes bracelets on the left, but otherwise it's too distracting, and it doesn't feel natural to pull my left arm out to look at the time.

I also find that my watch tends to drift towards the anterior side of my wrist, and thus I have to twist my wrist even further, which feels all the more unnatural on my left arm than my right.

tl;dr YMMV, do what feels comfortable

Ok now I'm just more confused than before. Just tell me how to wear my watch.

Put watch on wrist. Simple. Seriously, user, are you autistic? It doesn't fucking matter. We can only give you anecdotal advice.

You're "supposed" to wear it on your off hand, if if feels more comfortable on your strong hand then do that but you might get some looks and people will probably ask if you're left handed.

Did I do it right?

Lefty here. Dude, I wear watches on the right wrist all the time but I never get looked at weird or asked if I'm lefthanded. It's such a strange notion to think people would actually Care about something so trivial.

I used to be retarded and wore my watch on my right wrist and got that all the time.

so it's true what you say. my firsthand experience against yours. that's weird. people where I live just don't care AT ALL.

Yes I know, I have this watch already, I meant to say that I've been looking at the silver version in My post was worded strangely my apologies

there is none with a silver face, afaik.

fuggin dope. I like the black gold contrast, how much was it?

Pic related still going strong after about 5 months.
Sleek as shit, goes with anything and is lightweight yet sturdy.
Had a high class banker guy compliment it.

silver one is Veeky Forums

gold one is corny and not Veeky Forums

Oh, shit, now this is perfect. I'll have to get one of these. The case is a lot cleaner than the F91W's, and it isn't covered with too much printed junk.

I personally like the gold/black colorway because it makes me think of Daft Punk's Human After All and Electroma era outfits.

they also got this one with colored frames in green, orange and blue.

but my favorite is the silver one and without negative display.

still haven't bought it though, I'm waiting for the W-59 to arrive.

>it makes me think of Daft Punk's Human After All and Electroma era outfits.

my african american.