Boot General

[ B O O T G E N E R A L ]

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and acquisition of boots as well as boot care and advice.

>ALL BOOT RELATED FAGGOTRY BELONGS IN THE BOOT GENERAL

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/German-Austrian-Unlined-Vintage-Paratrooper-Boot-Para-Boots-Army-Surplus-/141048699344?var=&hash=item20d72859d0:m:mnZz2KtgpjkktyyJlfdSYug
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>starting a boot thread 2017 anno domini with a picture of ćüçç boots not made in Italy or the USA

Are a pair a decent USA made red wing really worth almost 300 bucks?

I'd say alone theyre worth $200 max. If you really like them, $250. If you believe in supporting american workers/are buying into the made in America hertige or whatever then $300.

If you don't really like the design and the company then no.

If you like the design and supporting American, sure. I can't get over how r/mfa they look though.

This, there are better made in USA boots both in style and quality

Redwings just look to numale now

I work in the oilfield and the best pair of boots I've owned were Oliver's. I've owned timberland, redwing, Justin, Carolina, and another pair of red wings

Everyday use with lots of walking, squatting, immersion in oil and water and brine- Oliver lasted almost a year, Justin lasted 3 weeks, Carolina 2 months, red wings 1 month, timberland 6 months

Bootcare I used to try and rub my boots everyday with some oil, either hydraulic oil or 15-40w but I stopped doing that. I mainly would just use the boot scraper by the hotel front door to get the mud off.

>boot care, hydraulic oil
Pls no.
Even something as harmless as Vaseline has a very slightly negative effect on leather, you're torturing those boots, you wanna be using natural oils on them, mineral oil, mink oil, leather oils and polishes. Not just a bit of left over twostroke mix you had in the shed

Lol yeah that's why I stopped. Legit it'd be like a 30minute ordeal every night to clean those things just to get them to a state where I could oil them.

I originally just hoped that they would be saturated with oil an last forever and just replace the sole/heel as needed but that was no Bueno and also odor control was a factor.

r8 these grenson's

Grey boots similar to Palladiums? I hear they tear easy. I've got white and gray pants I would like to wear boots with but idk if black, gray, or white would be best

>also odor control
You pretty much sealed the boots in thick grime and grease, the leather would have no chance to breathe or ventilate and probably grew all sorts of fungus, mold and mildew. Honestly, what did you expect using that shit?

What others are there?

Im thinking of copping these for a wedding to wear with a black suit and just to see if I like the style before getting something of decent quality.
If Im fucking up PLEASE let me know.

iron rangers

You're fucking up, the sole is much too chunky and they look dodgy

idiot. that sole is lower than average. desu these boots remind me of clarks.

It's because they are Clarks, one of their cheapo models. There's one on the website that looks much better.

I was implying these were on the low end because they are Clarks. Like I said Im not sure if I want to commit to something better yet since I dont want to spend $100+ on someting I'm not sure of.

these look much more feminine. the thicker sole is less girly. less beatle boot.

get em. they look great and will last several years.

id on bottom pair in the center?

>Thick sole chelsea's

Why

They look like Docs with the heel tab down.

A little steep for Redwings, but not out of the question. You'll hear nothing but negativity in regards to them on this board though. If you want a more honest opinion of them literally any other forum would be better.

If either of you have a better suggestion I'd like to know.
If theyre terrible just say so

whats far left?

I don't think I've ever seen a chunky chelsea I like more than a sleeker variant. I don't even consider RM Willaims to be chunky either.

they are gr8

meant for

Corcorans with a side-zipper.

Got these timbs as a gift a few years back. How do I wear them? Would levi 501s be fine?

let me hear your thoughts on em boys

I don't know a ton about boots but I think my dream boot is basically a 6" version of the ww2 era corcoran jump boots (pic related), anyone have any suggestions?

The sole looks like its the same thickness as the first one posted.

My latest cop.

Sole looks shit, makes them look elfish and tumblrcore at the same time

Not my style but pretty nice, look like they could do with a bit polish though but that's just how I like my boots

The ct 501s could be pretty nice, I'd stay with black/dark grey though

I want to do under-over lacing on my Docs with white laces, but that'd probably get me in loads of trouble.

Looks like you bought them from Target

Just copped

>see these
>get excited
>2009

fug

I want to do it on my converse

the only true GOAT

So keen, but it's a 12 week wait :^(. Got $150 off too

>Got $150 off too
how?

Used a coupon code. Think it was canada150 for Canada's anniversary

Cop or not? 170£ made in England unlike chink Martens.

how are last conspiracy boots? been thinking about copping a pair but maybe i should just save for the ann d's

TLC are actually really good for the price, but which ann d's were you thinking of? Back lace?

these ones

Hello, I'm just now getting into boots and I was wondering what style these boots would be called. Additionally if anyone knows of any current companies making something similar, that would be cool.

id on 2nd one in from the left?

w2c?

Regular black 1460 chink DM's absolute do not cop

Go solovair or mie if you want that style of boot

workboots

most common ones are red wings

are there any boots like pic related that don't cost over $1k?

Anyone here own any Danner boots?

look good. are those clarks?

I got em off Thursday boot company. The boots are called the president

look good. are they comfy? worth the 200 bucks?

yeah, for /out/
wouldnt wear em for Veeky Forums unless theyre mountain lites and you live in portland. make sure the last works with your foot--

Yeah they've held up pretty well and are pretty comfy once broken in, although they can be a bit rough for long days. The site says to get it smaller than your regular size which might be good but i got them in regular and they ain't too bad.

I got em from Thursday boot company

How are Blundstones 585? I heard Blundstones' quality went down to shit as of late, is this true? If I but them, for how long do you predict them to survive?

How does Veeky Forums feel about danner RAT boots? I've owned a pair of sfbs for years now and they're about dead (sole coming off at the heel).

Im this user. Thoughts on these?

Much better get those

I know you'll hate on me but are there any good vegan boots out there?

Not really vegan leather it self is shit. Go for canvas boots

I don't know but I don't think Blundstone has an enormous reputation for quality in its native Australia. They're not a luxury good, they're work wear. You wear them until they're fucked and then you pick up another pair, they're not expensive.

id?

What are some effay fits that go with all black combat boots? I've just been wearing them with black/grey skinny jeans and various forms of denim/leather/wool jackets and coats, wondering if I'm missing a good alternative.

Thoughts on these? Cop or not?

They're rather expensive anywhere that's not Australia.

if you have to ask then you shouldn't be spending that much on a pair of boots

Not a fan of high-heel Guidi models, personally; but, if you like them...

Luckily I live in the EU so prices aren't that bad

Was thinking either 788z or 988

What are some boots that give off a communist vibe? Not a communist just want some aesthetic

How's the sizing on the Austrian Paratrooper-boots? I currently wear a pair of Doc Martens 1490s, size UK9 / US10 / EU43. Do I go size 9 or 10?

TTS or down one if you want to wear them unlined

Pretty tts, 9 in memes boots is a 9 in DM's

i have the 788z and i really regret not just getting a pair of 988 instead. if you can find 988z (if it even exists?) then get that

ebay.com/itm/German-Austrian-Unlined-Vintage-Paratrooper-Boot-Para-Boots-Army-Surplus-/141048699344?var=&hash=item20d72859d0:m:mnZz2KtgpjkktyyJlfdSYug

Would this seller be considered reputable? 50€ for boots like these seems like a reeeeeeally good deal in my mind.

Does anyone have fit pics that include tan or beige boots?

They seem very difficult to pull off

I have the same pair from the exact buyer and I would say it is a good deal. Don't expect them to be brand new condition though, mine came with a missing hook and some tearing in the leather on the toe.

As long as there aren't any holes in the leather, cracked soles and the leather is just in need of some creaming and polishing, i'll be happy.

I got mine same buyer grade 1 no damage i love them

What's the difference between 988 and 788?
Just different shaft lenght?

Damn

Those would look awesome with my crust-pants.

Look good on jeans too

They're jeans, just patched the fuck out. I'd wear them with normal jeans as well.

You feel like the heel is too tall? What leather are yours?

788 only exsists as a z model so you end up with a taller heel than 988, see:

As much as I hate commies they're pretty effay

but dont most ppl size down on Docs?

id?

>1917 + 100
>Wearing anything but SFBs
I'm saddened.

Diesel ones are so good looking, dont need them tho. Why do you guys wear boots?

Never seen anyone in norway wear it, pretty strict ""wasp-ish"" culture if that makes any sense