Techwear is dead: Long live StreetTech

Ok, so last year I wrote this article that techwear was dead.

reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/42uae8/effort_long_techwear_a_postmortem/

It received a lot of hate, but basically I was dead on about everything. Techwear never really existed, you see. It occured in this interstitial space between the real and the virtual Instagram lookbooks driven by users, that self-perpetuated itself into almost becoming a movement.

What has emerged from techwear's grave is something I have termed StreetTech, modelled here by influencer and innovator jah_eel, from Reddit.

StreetTech is actually wearable, has hyped, desirable pieces (unlike old ass Mossimo Osti and Veilance crap no one actually wants) and is accessible to mainstream audiences.

This thread is devoted to the death of tryhard techwear and the birth of StreetTech and innovators such as jah_eel and 1000deaths.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/acrhive.blee/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So its just streetwear with tech fabrics? That's a let down.

Well it doesn't really use tech fabrics. StreetTech merely references tech and military silhouettes with hyped, must have streetwear pieces like the Cav Empt plague hoodie or Preme Bogo tees.

mate are you still linking that fucking thread on reddit? jesus christ

So its pretty much just streetwear then, right? Techwear was never about silhouettes, it was about intricately designed yet functional pieces put together.

Also, it was never really a style that got played out, it's like saying lunarcore was/is dead, it was a niche to begin with, and some people are going to keep doing it because they like it and others will walk away.

were you that guy spamming that one blonde kid with the clenched jaws fits a while back?

this entire thread is horrible.

ur horrible

looks like a chav with slightly more money

>so last year I wrote this article
>article
>it's literally just a reddit post
really opens up my voltage gated Na- channels

lol.
techwear is functionality.
I don't think it is dead because many people want the maximum amount of functionality for their clothes rather than just wearing hyped shit.
Jah_eel has some nice pics tho.

lol

/thread

?

>techwear is functionality.
no it's fucking not
acronym is notorious for their shoddy quality and the clothes are more "tacticool" and less actually functional, techkiddies also love gorilla group for some reason and they ltierally sell fucking cotton clothes with even questionable quality and no technical aspects whatsoever, it's all about the look
shut the fuck up about things you don't know shit about and drop your fucking name you self important fuck

>acronym is shoddy quality
>"gorilla" group
nice bait faggot. Acronym is literally the best made, toughest clothing you can buy in the world. Sorry you are too poor to afford it, retard.

this is one of my fave jah_eel pics
the man is a style BEAST

>i am special and important, pay attention to me
the thread

what a faggot

kek

That realrussianspy guy is one of the reasons that r/Streetwear has been really good lately

Agreed. He's the driving force behind streetwear and TechStreet today. Even more than Erolson Hugh, Theo or Waley Gao.

Forced meme.

what's wrong with his jaws ffs? look so beaten

He's a rugged man from a future dystopia

kek

this is the most autistic post ive ever read
wtf is streettech lmao
this is just that tech ninja crap

B-B-But he has INSTAGRAM followers and REDDIT karma. Just LOOK at his fit in the OP. SUPREME hoodie, black BOMBER jacket, black SWEATPANTS. This man is a true INFLUENCE and INNOVATOR in the streetwear GAME.

Insta followers are everything now that fashion fourms are dead

If you believed that you wouldn't be here

In the UK we call this dressing like a Crackhead

It's still fun to shitpost but most online communites moved to insta. sufu is dead, ktt is dying, instead of posting in a wdywt people are posting on insta. Reddit is still pretty strong but Veeky Forums is more of an MFA with Veeky Forums culture instead of a fashion culture with Veeky Forums culture

How can people have a discussion on insta? It's all likes and 3 word comments. Sure it's easy to post there, but people only do so out of feeling their ego. There's little to nothing to be learned from instagram

There's more than 3 comments on most pics
And people offer critique and you can @ people in comments.
Also a lot of the culture moved to comments on Hypebeast and highsnobiety
I think that 4 pins is pretty influential in the scene rn since they embody the funnier ironic side of fashion

most people will drop a like for a fit with a rare piece, regardless of how good it is.

highsnobiety articles get 20 comments max, even this thread has had more discussion and its all shitposting, just go to the front page and scroll down, everybody just shares the articles.

I can't tell if you're memeing or not, but I fuck with this look. It's wayyyyy less autistic than techwear but I still get my cyberpunk fix. Love realrussianspy's fits he looks like he is just out of Blade Runner or Akira.

This guy is actually quite pathetic. Literally buys cool item for one-two photos and then resells it for next one. His warderobe shifts faster than aids spreading in Africa.

not even fucking close lol

this is boring af what do you kids see in this stupid polyester monochrome streetwear shit

proof? nah thought not :)
ACRNM literally has Gore-tex developing state of the art new technology fabrics for them like laminated membrane. And you call that shoddy... Dumb ass kid on the internet.

here's the big 3: 1. Jah Eel 2. ACRHIVE.BLEE 3. 1000Deaths. Anyone else claiming to be "Techwear" is a fucking liar. They are just biting the original thoughts ideas and outlines of the BIG 3. Show me a fit any of them has put together and tell me it's not immaculate. Seeing these so-called Titans of Techwear® on sites like instagram, hypebeast and grailed has made me want to become more like them and sell all my old clothes. If they have never worn a garment for the gram it's not worth owning BOTTOM FUCKING LINE. If I knew the underwear they wore I'd get it, for now its just a rotation of my 4 Hanes x Supreme ones since I assume Jah wears those (He's #basementapproved so it's implied he has cool undies). Basically all I'm saying is fuck you BROKEBOIS trying to dress like the BIG3. You peasants can't come close to the art they put out! stick to palace and supreme or whatever other bogus shit you have in your closet. Jah, BLEE and 1kdeaths: The Big 3

Can you little cry babies fuck off from this thread? I want to see more inspo, not hear you crying because your pathetic 300 follower accounts get shit on by 1kdeaths or jah_eel

So its techwear with gaudy branding all over it?

Fucking turbonerds will categorize and over analyze everything without saying anything of substance.

>new pasta, nice

THIS. So MUCH THIS. instagram is the future desu, and i fw the vision

I have a very personal relationship with my lord and savior, Jah Eel. Very personal. I met him three years ago at a goretex convention. I was hanging out with a few of my tech friends- they were all getting shitfaced, but unfortunately, I was the designated driver.
So I was just sitting there sipping on a glass of ice water. Then this Old looking lithuanian guy takes a seat next to me. "Do you wanna see a really cool trick?" he asked. I wasn't sure if he was hitting on me or not, but I was bored off my ass, so I said sure.
Then he flicked his wrist and his phone came out of his arm . "Jah EeL!" I said. He grinned and said, "Yup, that's my name. And if you play your cards right, you'll be screaming it all night long. You want to get into tech heaven, you sexy little thing? Well, let me put it this way...the only way to The Goretex is through me."
I'm not gay, so I was feeling pretty awkward. But after a few shots of some melody spirits, I started to loosen up. And it dawned on me that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I would become the first person in human history to bone Jah- who could pass that up? So I abandoned my friends and went back to his place.

He lit some candles and put on some ZOMBY beats to set the mood. After a few glasses of sacramental wine, I was ready to go. I tore his J1a-gt off and thrust my manhood inside him. The feeling was incredible- it was like fucking three people at the same time. "OH, ME!" he screamed in ecstasy. "I HAVEN'T BEEN NAILED THIS HARD SINCE THE SS17!" I blew my load pretty quickly, but he wasn't done with me. He bent me over and whispered, "Are you ready to accept the body of Jah?" He didn't even wait for answer- he jammed his divine rod through my gravitational asshole pocket and went to town. I was surprised at how fast he came-but then again, he hadn't gotten laid in 2,000 years, so I could see why. Well, I thought he was finished. He rolled me over on my back and said, "Are you ready for the AW17?" and sprayed his holy seed all over my face.
I never got his number- he just told me to pray to the vaughn if I was ever in the mood for a booty call. Still haven't heard back from him, though.

does this blee guy have an instagram

>acronym is notorious for their shoddy quality and the clothes are more
I seriously doubt that when their core reason for existing was to pick the best materials to make clothes with

I agree though about it going too far into the tacticool aesthetic

instagram.com/acrhive.blee/

thank you.
it's fine to dig tech wear but its stupid to think it's focused on practicality.

fuck off redditfag youre shit and your "OC" is shit too fuck you

Let's see you do better? Dumbass.

>that r/Streetwear has been really good lately
get the fuck out hypebeast shit

But they aren't picking the absolute best even if that's their agenda, actual outdoor brands are constantly beating acronym in plenty of categories and the actual build quality of their clothing is one of the most embarrassing things for the brand because their stuff breaks way too fucking easier than it has any right to do so considering the brand image and price point.

Source, faggot?
Acronym is the best money can buy.
You're just poor and hating.

This is Fjällräven Keb Eco-Shell
26,000 g/m2/30,000mm
Show me a single acronym jacket with better stats

These guys sure have a way.
It ain't easy...

Cav Empt, Acronym and Rick make for some good fits together

Is it still possible to cop a ACG jacket?

No they are all gone man. I wish I had copped when they came out. They are probably the best jacket out there. Maybe even better than a Acronym... But suppppeeerrr limited so all we can do is get second hand now. Sucks!

Fuck you guys hop off my style I was doing this when techwear first started

back to /r/streetwear kid

Prove it. 1000deaths and realrussianspy were the first I've ever seen with this style.

This is so darned good. Does he have an insta??

Maybe because I don't post my shit online? I don't have to prove shit to you.

Sorry but some of us actually care about the functionality aspect of techwear.

Yea and you guys are dead. No one follows you or cares about your dead style. At all.

streetTech is the new trend, deal with it.

AKA just a bitter nobody full of shit on the internet. :)

nice try whoever you are
but basically, jah dont even fw techwear
bet u one of the meme crew

Im actually nauseated by how fucking corny this all is

w2c pants

Acronym p10s
Good luck getting them LOL

who is the memecrew?

>techwear is functionality

Except making you look like an anime character is a bad function. If it was about function they'd stick the features into basic looking apparel.

Secret club

But I like ghost in the shell cosplay...

This! So much THIS!!! XD

this is fuckin dope haha. reminds me of ghost in the shell

lol this is fucking gay!

>fuck
>no one wants to buy polyester anymore
>i know, let's call it 'microfiber'
>shit, it didn't work, people know this is still cheap dupont chemical garbage
>everyone is buying natural fabrics, they're calling it heritage and shaming each other for buying our garbage
>guys
>holy shit, guys
>i have an idea on how to save our fabrics division
>we'll call 'techwear'
>we'll pretend this stuff is futuristic
>we'll claim it has super performance properties even though it's the same shit as a 1950s windbreaker
>because 1950s windbreakers actually are okay, they won't know the difference

this man understands, as is enlightened

>dupont is the one pushing the techwear meme
>50's era nylon is the same as Event 3L
Good lord I hope you're baiting. This is next level retarded if not.

You're right, there is a difference. Meme-branes are much more expensive.

It's very different to say the least. Please don't comment on stuff you don't know anything about :)

Did you ever consider if everything you "know" is just marketing used to sell you very cheap materials at an outrageous mark-up?

Source?

Asking for a source in reply to that is completely irrational. You want a person external to you to provide a breakdown of what is inside your head?

Artificial fabrics are used because they are CHEAP. That's why they are used in shitty wally world clothes.
While it is true that chances are what is used in your techwear is a more refined version of the fabrics used in wally world clothes: it's still cheap.
Something like Vicuna is expensive because it's genuinely scarce.
What is the reason for this stuff to be expensive? There isn't one beyond "things are worth what people are willing to pay for them." And the reason you're willing to pay a high price is marketing.

I am aware it's cheap to make, he is saying that all synthetic materials are the exact same, I'm asking for the source on that. Reading comprehension could've saved you a paragraph my man

>reading comprehension

I do have reading comprehension. The post to which you replied "source?" does not make that claim.

four pins closed down months ago, bruh

>I don't know what I'm talking about

>this guy hasn't drunk the kool-aid so what would he know about how good kool-aid tastes?

stop

>My thing is I reply briefly so I can claim I am calm, cool and collected.
>So if your post is longer than mine I lose.
>Doesn't matter if I say dumb things because I'm the cool guy.

You betrayed your character by making this reply, though. You want the last word because you know what I said is right. You accused someone of poor reading comprehension while making a reply to the wrong poster.

>This glorified editorial that I wrote on Reddit proves that this tryhard trend will be replaced by another equally tryhard, but more approachable one