How can a woman be the most effay possible (makeup, clothes, hair...)? Is there a good guide somewhere?

How can a woman be the most effay possible (makeup, clothes, hair...)? Is there a good guide somewhere?
A-Asking for a friend...

Other urls found in this thread:

lovethatbag.ca/?
lovethatbag.ca/
ysl.com/ca/shop-product/women/handbags-monogram-college-diamond-medium-monogram-saint-laurent-college-bag-in-black_cod45336002tf.html#section=women_bags_cross_body
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 read the stick
Already read it, but I want examples and tips from real people, not from some wiki that wasn't updated since 2005

highly stylized hair (stay far the fuck away from any tumblr-essque haircuts for the love of god)
winter is gonna be your best friend. the best fits for all genders are in the winter. since summer is happening I would go with palewave cause its essentially minimalism and minimalism is easy

its hard to give any specific tips cause certain stuff works well for some and looks dumb on others. find a style that compliments all your good features and mitigates your bad ones

Keeping your hair, face, and skin clean is important. Well fitted clothes is next but style is a personal discovery.

Women that have stuck out to me most didn't look like everyone else and nobody could pull off what they had. You can make a list of things about your appearance but I'm sure no fashionable person I've ever met has had to do that.

Thanks user, just one last thing, what do you mean by highly stylised hair? I'm the kind of person to just brush my hair as fast as possible and then go on with my day, so all of this is kinda new for me

you're probably going to have to work with a stylist and figure out a look that will work well with your face. its different for everybody. find some pics that you like and bring them to your barber, thats what I did at least. i've spent a lot of time with the same barber working through different types of cuts to get "my style" and now I have a look I'm really happy with that I don't see on very many people.

I don't have a lot of girl inspo to share, sorry
all i've got are some really vague beginner tips

stop browsing tumblr

Please look at sillouettes and body type. Measure yourself for clothes, pay attention to your shapes for what'll look good on you and what won't, see what designers/trends you like and trends you dont like.
For makeup, look through the archives for the old skincare threads first (in case you have acne or want some makeup tips from there).
And for hair, look at your face shape and neck. Work according to what you want and what is achievable.
I wish I could update the sticky, the female section is lacking in so many ways.

you're onto something with that picture, but it's better if both legs are next to the ears, that's when women are the most effay

w2c Asian qt

If you have to ask...

Full Rick.

Braaaapp

You must be new. The sticky has been there for about only a year.

>makeup
For everyday, a "no makeup" look (light foundation or BB cream, concealer, mascara, maybe some eyeliner and tinted lip balm), well-groomed brows, no facial hair, no acne, no eyebags or wrinkles, "glowing" healthy skin! For nighttime, experiment, but still highlight the features of your face.

>clothes
You have a lot of freedom here. There are all kinds of ways to be fashionable as a girl and it isn't one-size fits all. Figure out what you like. Figure out what fits your personality. Some girls (esp. girls from like cgl who live in flyover states) seem to think that dressing like an anime character (thigh highs and skirts) is "fashionable" but this modcloth twee look was old in 2008. Sure, people are "underdressed" these days, but being on trend is more important, socially speaking, than making a statement with clothes from Taobao.

Choose well-fit pieces in a variety of textures and fabrics. Experiment. If you want to stand out in a sea of slobs, choose structured, but contemporary pieces. Brands like Madewell and Aritzia carry a good variety of staples for this kind of "elegant, but never out-of-place" look.

Choose accessories and garments that add to your outfits. Spend good money on shoes and bags. They can make the difference in how expensive an outfit looks.

>hair
Get your hair cut into a distinctive style. Get it trimmed at least 3-4 times a year, depending on your growth rate. Keep the ends healthy and take the time to wash it when it needs to be washed. You don't need to get blowouts or curl it or anything, if it's well cut for the texture of your hair. If you are a "wash-and-go" girl tell your stylist that, so they can show you ways to style your hair, simply. Long hair is not impressive if it is riddled with split ends. If you don't have the time to maintain long hair, cut it off. It is really disappointing to see an adult woman with long hair that makes her look like a high school freshman who has no idea how to take care of herself.

Thank you for all of your answers Veeky Forums! I'm not totally autistic fashion-wise, but I completely fail to make it effortless and natural, so whenever I make an effort, it looks cheap. I'll try to apply your advices. Thanks!

High heels + light boyfriend jeans + any white top + long black or brown hairl

fem here

>makeup
It's really dependent on what your face looks like, but can't beat a neat eyebrow, (power/liquid) foundation to have a clearish face, long eyelashes, and a tinted lip color.
I personally think that caking makeup isn't really effay, but you do you

>clothes
For starters, buy some basic clothes. Plain tees. Dark/Light washed jeans. Nothing too loud. Make sure the colors compliment your skin tone and are warmer colors since summer is coming. Show off your main features of your body, like if you have no butt, high waisted jeans are a good way to show off your waist rather than hips.

>hair
Keep it healthy, and keep it neat. Choose a hairstyle that will compliment your faceshape.

Overall, the most important things to be effay is
>be thin
Clothes always looks good when you're thin
>BE CONFIDENT
You can wear the best clothes on the block, but if you're lanky, awkward, and have a posture that looks like you don't have a spine, then goodluck with that.

This is nice friendly advice

seems harsh but it's all true.

Hey guys, not my thread but since it pertains to women's fashion... need to start looking for a new handbag/purse. I know I should have multiples for different outfits to really be Veeky Forums, but I'm not very wealthy and I figure I might as well get one really nice one that'll work with most outfits and last me a couple of years. Unless you think I should buy multiple different cheap ones in various colours for matching rather than the one expensive one?

Don't do fast fashion.
Designer bags are a good way to go, some designers offer warranty, so if you're worried about durability, it can always be fixed.

Check out some well-renowned places like: Chanel, LV, or Burberry.

>inb4 i'm not wealthy

Save up for it. It's better to save up rather than buy some handbag from Target. Being effay is not only pairing some shirts and jeans, brands also play an important role.
After a couple of years, and you take good care of it, you can resell it if you want.

very good advice right here

Ok, you answered my question perfectly. Thanks.

nakedcore

Stay away from skinnyjean/yoga pant shit. it looks stupid and frankly most people are kinda bored of it. same goes for short shorts.
Go with skirts. They're probably the most classically feminine thing to wear, they look good on pretty much every woman, yet nobody seems to wear them. For shirts, any type can work as long as it follows the basic rules of balance.

For makeup, just go with maybe mascara and leave it at that. it brings enough contrast to your eyes which is really the only important facial feature worth drawing attention to. if you do more than mascara though, it would come off as garish.

and as far as hair goes, everyone else here has pretty much said what i was going to say. just find a good style and stick with it.

im a dude though so Idk how you wanna take my advice. I'm just trying to help.

>For makeup, just go with maybe mascara and leave it at that. it brings enough contrast to your eyes which is really the only important facial feature worth drawing attention to. if you do more than mascara though, it would come off as garish.
>im a dude though so Idk how you wanna take my advice.

Obviously. I agree about the skirts, but... you have no idea how makeup works.

What do you think of luxury lines that aren't quite high designer like Michael Kors, Coach, Kate Spade etc.?

So not only have you been here less than a year, you're also new enough to Veeky Forums that you can't read a timestamp on a post.

Depending on what you get, it's either a good start for midtier brand if you're beginning or shit-tier.

They have a good reputation, but tend to sell out and you'd easily find these brands in places like thrift stores, TJ Maxx, or Nordstrom. And can get their brands as cheap as 5 bucks. Try to be up to date if you can, unless you're going for the thriftcore look or something.

If you want to look good in your clothing, don't browse /fa. I haven't seen one outfit on here for women that actually looked good. It's a great board for men's clothing but the people on here don't know the first thing about women's fashion. I would recommend browsing a site like Polyvore if you're interested in women's fashion.

Do you have any tips for trying to find the fine line between affordable and stylish? I don't see myself being able to afford a $3000 bag in the near future, but I don't want anything tacky either.

>go with skirts
While this is fine advice, if you're buying skirts on Taobao or Forever 21 you'll look cheap and cosplay-y. If you decide at age 19 or whatever to become "the kind of girl who 'never wears pants'" you just seem to lack an understanding and you seem out of touch with the world (e..g a girl autist who wants to seem like she is exceptional but really she cannot interact with her peers in a meaningful way)

Buy a consigned bag

From a website like this lovethatbag.ca/? Do these companies regulate the quality well? Also thanks for the suggestion.

>lovethatbag.ca/
Yeah, for example. I like The Real Real. If you're in Canada VSP is good too, though they restock way less often.

Tips for buying a consigned bag:

Shop around before you make your budget. Know what the price range is for the items you're interested in.

Don't buy something you don't love, just because you think it's a good price.

Look for versatile, neutral colours and textiles.
Try to identify "trend" shapes and how they are different from "classic shapes". If you can help it, avoid anything overly dated.

Know what can be fixed and what can't. Straps and zippers can be repaired fairly easily. Linings can be replaced (more complicated). Dye stains on suede are difficult to fix without re-tanning the entire bag.

Know what you want your bag to be able to fit in it. If it's a classic shape, you should be able to find dimensions online or email web support for dimensions. If it's an everyday bag, make sure it's not too small and not comically big.

Remember that even the "fashion girls" who carry oversized Margiela hobos and teeny tiny Gucci bags most likely also have a structured traditional bag in their wardrobe. If you can only afford one designer bag, make sure it's something that you won't grow tired of.

Thank you very much (: I wear a lot of black so I've definitely just been trying to find a nice black crossbody without a weird gimmick. For example ysl.com/ca/shop-product/women/handbags-monogram-college-diamond-medium-monogram-saint-laurent-college-bag-in-black_cod45336002tf.html#section=women_bags_cross_body this is probably what I'd buy if I had the money to drop on it. Trying to save up for a wedding atm though so... need to set my sights a little lower haha. I'll definitely keep your tips in mind and I'll check out the other sites you listed too!