How to avoid school shooter core when dressing in all black? What are the dos and donts?

How to avoid school shooter core when dressing in all black? What are the dos and donts?

>2011+6
>Not wanting to look like a school shooter

If you're not confident in it just don't do it. Why do you even want to do it?

>i want to look mysterious and artistic n' shit
You'll look like a try-hard.

Just look like a school shooter, and when someone makes fun of you, reach for your backpack. That'll teach them.

It's not about confidence, it's about not looking like a school shooter...

Don't wear thick-sole military boots.
Don't have long, unconditioned, stringy hair.
Don't have face piercings.
Wear gold accents, not silver.

You didn't answer my question. And yeah confidence IS part of this. If you're skulking around in all black looking nervous because you're worried if you look like a school shooter - people are going to think you're creepy as shit.

Balance your textures and shades of black.

don't wear all black, the trend is beyond dead and it's a boring ass "style" anyway

w2c coat

all black is very common now (normie), unless ur a minger like me ur fine

Everything is YYPH SS17..

> You didn't answer my question

You mean why people would wear all black? To me it's because it's versatile and comfortable. I feel relaxed and myself in all black. If I wear too many colours, especially attention grabbing colours, it just feels plain wrong. It's not me.

full Rick

>implying wearing all black is a trend and thus has no variation
colors are not what makes a trend. Its the sillouette, piece cohersion and texturing.
its how you are wearing it rather than what color it is.

what jacket is this

lang moto parka

thank you

nobody ever does anything interesting with the silhouette/texture anyway, it's all either
>black low rise skinny jeans and loose t shirt
>droopy crotch pants and tight t shirt
at this point Veeky Forums should have evolved past this

Re-read this post and then read what you say here:

helmut lang astro moto parka fw 1999-2000

>he fell for the dressing in all black meme

x D

muh confidence
when will this meme end? fashion it's no about confidence

It literally is tho ?

I didn't really mean confidence as you think I did. At least I don't believe I used it that way.
My point was that if he is anxious about looking like a school shooter - that anxiety is actually going to cause him to look like a school shooter.
When I say confidence I simply mean not being anxious about your fit.

Not sure on the specific dos, but here's some don'ts:

Don't do:
>Baggy fits or cuts
>Long or trailing cuts like coats or cloaks or fucking capes I don't know maybe you think you can pull off some Jack the Ripper look or something
>Casual items like T-shirts, sneakers, hoodies
>Hats or headwear of any kind
>Anything with military/combat connotations like "combat"-style boots, shemaghs/scarves, or anything in camo print (seriously god help you if you're planning on wearing camo in general for any reason other than hunting)
>Anything covering your face, but some non-black aviators or glasses could be acceptable if you need to wear (sun)glasses for some reason
>Jewelry or accessories other than formal and functional pieces like a subtle wristwatch
>Gloves, of any kind, unless it's so cold you absolutely need gloves

Hope that helps?
Let me know if I'm wrong about anything.

You need the facial strucutre. Like a chad facial structure or a tan.

holy fug

go back to Veeky Forums zyzzbrah tans are fucking pleb-tier

This.

The tan is only a fashion for the shirtless and undressed. This is the board where we discuss clothes.

Listen, regardless of confidence there are still certain things that make you look like a school shooter. Giant army boots being one of them, for instance.

lmao whocares i thought u didnt post on fa anymore

Jesus H Christ who would look at a black mono fit and think, 'hmm, really needs a tan.' No wonder this board has become such a shitpile, its half Veeky Forums and half /pol/

im a cute twink and wear black shit

Thats because this isn't the old Veeky Forums, where people tried to play with texture and color (and even then, the old Veeky Forums had oversaturation of similar sillouettes).
Most kids on here won't care to move past fast fashion that relies on what's trending : milsurp, tech fits or athleisure .

My real problem with Veeky Forums is the fact that people come here to get tips on how to "look good" and nobody actually cares or knows anything about couture

Yeah, that's my problem too. This board relies on fast trends to get by nowadays, when couture used to be something that could be discussed, even if it was in one or two focused threads.
At this point I just try to liven up the inspo and look on other forums for discussions on couture.

What other forums would you recommend?

I'm not sure.
I'm on stylezeitgeist and fashionspot forums because its slightly bearable (the former in menswear the latter in discussing models or new collections) .
I also joined some of the discords on here from here (invites are in the catalog rn i think) to hear any buzz in regards to current trends.

I've been coming to Veeky Forums for many years, but it's never been one of my main boards. I just can't take the "do I look good" and the "is *something completely unrelated* effay?" questions
I don't really go anywhere else to discuss fashion though so I just try to interpret things happening in the fashion world my own way

I miss the fuccboi threads that at least tried to limit those questions.
I've been on Veeky Forums for a few years, enough to know that its quality declined, though the content is familiar.
Other websites are easier to gauge what's going on in the "fashion world", though it really does boil down to personal interpretation.

don't you think a school shooter is confident that he IS a school shooter while being dressed in all black clothes? it's the same, I men he es conscent of it
THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO TO AVOID LOOKING LIKE A SCHOOL SHOOTER IS TO PLAY WITH TEXTURES AND FABRICS SAME AS CUTS AND FITS

I just don't think this place is really about fashion as much as it is about personal development. It's a shame

margiela
nice

>not wanting to look like a school shooter
you don't belong here faggot, leave

Is it schoolshootercore?

this

poser

sz was great for avant garde shit a couple of years ago but its just a ghost town now. Forums in general are dying, instagram is taking all their user base

You're spot on, but IG is shit for discussion. It's only really good for self promotion...