Is this still relevant? What are some good online stores for starting out a summer wardrobe?

Is this still relevant? What are some good online stores for starting out a summer wardrobe?

It was never relevant to begin with. How fucking stupid and new are you?

A lot of stuff has fell from Grace.

Usually a brand will start making high quality clothing at a fair price. Establish a brand name then cut corners and raise prices. Or might sell to a conglomerate and replace the expensive to produce well made articles with Chinese Shir bearing the name.

H&m comes to mind, about 10 years ago they actually had 100% wool half canvased suits @$120, full grain leather belts made in Italy @$15, and decently tailored India produced cotton dress shirts for $35

Now it's $5 dress shirts you wear once, incomplete button stiching on suits (seriously h&m suiting section has buttons all over the floor)

>obey above raf

H&M and Uniqlo no longer belong in the mid tier. They should be in the low tier with all the other fast fashion brands.

>Norse Projects and Our Legacy in God tier
>H&M anything but garbage tier
>Ray Bans in the same tier as CDG

What the fuck man

doesnt make any sense, its like someone has just put random brands in each section

It shows its age (see Y3 in shit tier and garbstore in god tier), and at least half of it is bullshit. But there are some fun, semi forgotten brands throughout the whole thing.

As for online, it depends on what you want, and where you are. SSense and End are still relevant and have a wide selection and should ship worldwide with minimal hassle.

Are y3 and fred perry really more shit than zara or is this list just awful?

>mfw Raf Simons in the same tier as Supra

This list sucks. You would have known if you read the other posts in this thread

Someone fix an alternative list

why would you even trust the opinion of one stranger on the internet. retard the people that make these giant "lists" never even owned something from every grand on the list, let alone multiple items.

>fave brands
>shit tear
eat me faggots.

You're not special faggot

elder god tier: fat face

>wearing common gear everyone and their mum wears.
>not special
no shit, I never claimed I was, just my favourite brands are everyone elses.

honestly other than some obviously edgy decisions there is a little bit of truth to it. everything in top tier belongs there.

mid tier is most puzzling to me, lee, sperry, cheap monday, h by hudson, dockers, true religion, oakley, UO need to be moved to bottom tier.

adidas, diesel, ecco (now that they have sruli and TLC collabs lol), raf, nike, y-3, fred perry are all obviously only in the bottom because the creator's bias.

fuck it, buckle in im making the official changes list

SHIT TIER
diesel -> low
adidas -> mid
nike -> low
burberry -> mid
fred perry -> low
ralph lauren -> low
y-3 -> high
supreme -> mid
vivienne westwood -> low
raf simons -> high
yoox -> mid

LOW TIER
topman -> shit
zara -> shit
columbia -> shit
obey -> shit
stussy -> shit
new balance -> mid
docs -> mid
merrel -> shit
hawkings mcgill -> shit
kixbox -> shit

MID TIER
hm-> shit
timberland -> shit
levis -> low
clarks -> low
american apparel (now owned by gildan) -> shit
lee -> shit
cheap monday -> low
sperry -> shit
sebago -> low
clae -> shit
julian julian julian -> wtf is this brand
h by hudson -> low
dockers -> low
swatch -> low
true religion -> shit
UO - > shit

TOP TIER
pointer -> mid
perks & mini -> mid
belstaf -> mid

GOD TIER
alden -> high

feel free to debate me. i realize 90% of my changes were demotions and i probably missed a lot.

same guy, adding:

outlier, CDG -> god
BoO -> mid
hill-side -> mid
pendleton -> top (which i just realized ive been mislabeling as "high" sometimes)

I remember actually referencing my wardrobe against this pic.
It can go fuck it self desu senpai

Im v-v- very happy with my c-ch-choices

Lacoste should at least be in low tier

That is the main problem I have with threads like this. The people that make these have not owned multiple garments from the selected brands, and it's virtually impossible to keep up with ALL of them as the years go by. There aren't even separate categories for cloths, shoes, and other accessories.

I know people like to be spoon fed on Veeky Forums but come on now. These lists are stupid

Nothing new by AA Gildan has even been released so how are you ranking them. A lot of these names on the list also have multiple in-house brands so how do they ALL share a rating.

mess

no
if it's made by gildan it's gonna be shit cmon don't kid yourself

and what in house brands are you referring to? all the shitty urban outfitters and ASOS brands? or like how there's uniqlo and uniqlo U?

it's obviously all pretty subjective, but you dont actually have to have owned an item by a brand to be able to rank it lol.

>BoO -> mid
Would drop to top, along with monitaly. Everything else you changed is pretty solid imo

>it's obviously all pretty subjective, but you dont actually have to have owned an item by a brand to be able to rank it lol.
Yeah you don't, but if you have never owned it then your ranking holds 0 weight. The focus on these discussions always turns to "quality". Wtf is it based off of then, your opinion despite never even owning it? pictures on the internet??? OK

I'm referring to the majority of brands in general, it's rare for something to just be released under one label. I used to work at h&m and the difference between the t-shirts and tanks under the "basics" and "divided grey" lines were like night and day. I'm sure a lot has changed since then but that's only one example. Fast fashion = automatically shit is a stale meme btw

anyway, again not differentiating between clothes/shoes/accessories is a pretty big deal. I love Acne dress shoes but I'd rather die then own any of their clothes again. I'd maybe make an exception for one of their jackets if it's dirt cheap. So would I rate Acne shit/low cause I don't like their clothes? or high cause I love their shoes. I don't know how it's possible for people to not have disparities like this for multiple brands...assuming you've dealt with their stuff before.

Unless these lists are all just for mindless shitposting, then sure it makes sense.

Its irrelevant the moment the thread goes down shitkick

quality not being the only factor going into this ranking, i think it's very possible to have a valid opinion on a brand you've never owned (or perhaps even handled). combining runway shows, editorials, product photo styling, and a conglomerate of anecdotes from others can give one a fairly complete picture of a brand's creative value. furthermore, people invested in a single brand might overrate it to avoid feeling like they've wasted their time or money

fast fashion isn't automatically shit. i wear uniqlo regularly, and i still have some h&m tees and boxers and a coat from zara. but h&m and zara are definitely shit in my book because of their shameless designer ripoffs, and topman was demoted because i had a pair of their pants and it was like wearing a plastic bag.

it's not supposed to be laser focused and deadly accurate, just a general idea with a solid dose of opinion mixed in

thanks for having an actual discussion btw, it's been a minute since i've had one on here.

the guy who made that must be laughing his ass off if he is still somehow around here

>Norse and OL not godtier
They fucking are. As good as it gets for everyday staples

This is so misguided and awful, and doesn't seem to be based on anything other than an uneducated opinion and significant bias towards memewear

there was a point where anyone considered H&M not bottom tier?

H&M is the best at what it is. Which is getting cheap clothes that don't last long, but look amazing, up with current trends, and fit perfect to the body.

you're telling a joke but no one is laughing

Your life is a joke and everyone is laughing

>but look amazing
>H&M

?

>As good as it gets for everyday staples

Uh im not bashing or anything but you know OL prices are pretty steep right

Norse is boring and basic, but OL actually has quite cool stuff each season and their shirting is GOAT.

Rockwell as in by Parra clothing?