Is it socially acceptable/okay to just obey the fundamental fashion rules and wear stuffs in the way it's meant to be ?

Is it socially acceptable/okay to just obey the fundamental fashion rules and wear stuffs in the way it's meant to be ?

I'm 24 years old, i just want to wear regular fit everything and tuck in my shirts that are meant to be tucked in. Am i autistic to put this much thoughts into this ?

make sure you have a good understanding of when they are meant to be tucked in and like what that means

Yes, obviously. That's what it means by 'meant to be'.

It also means you'll basically be invisible to everyone.

Yes, it's just boring.

Yes, extremely autistic and you'll have the look to match.

I'm pretty confident about my understanding. I wear regular fitted pants and if you tuck out shirts, they have to be at the right length and width. I've experimented with my old shirts, like altering and hemming them, and i'm feeling more solid about my wardrobe and taste. I just need a little bit more assurance on footwear department.

>be invisible to everyone.
This is a very good bonus.

Idk i mean, being stylish doesn't really represent me. I mean, just wearing slim jeans and vans really makes me feel like i'm trying to look like something that isn't me. Slim pants or other edgy/avant garde clothes are for extroverts or social butterflies. Wearing them makes me feel like i'm left out, like i have a lot of 'self improvement homework' to do.

By just giving up and just dress like how it's supposed to be, releases me from all those societal pressure. Like i don't send wrong signals to people about who i am and what i am like, and i can filter people better. Idk does it make sense ? I just want to give up trying to be 'young' and 'normal 24 yr old guy', it's exhausting.

I can relate.

bro just do what feels right.

Yeah but how do people see it though ?

>when they are meant to be tucked in
Literally at all times. Only teenagers and blue collars don't tuck their shirts in.

I buy clothes from the same places I used to, but I size up all of my pants one inch in the waste. I need a belt, but the fit is usually something like a tapered relaxed cut. I also wear pretty much white and black, with a few khaki items here and there. It's nice being comfortable, and not putting much thought into what I wear each day. I think I avoid colors just so I don't have to think about coordinating.

Can i see your fit ?

>Is it socially acceptable/okay to just obey the fundamental fashion rules and wear stuffs in the way it's meant to be ?

Yes, it is called "dressing as an adult".

the thing about "meant to be" is that it changes a lot. you will actually stick out a little if your definition of how clothes are meant to be lines up more with 50-60 year olds than people your own age.

Well it doesn't change at all. Clothes are meant to be regular fitted, some shirts are meant to be tucked in, because if you tuck them out they would look ugly. Length and width etc etc it's just neutral and look good on everyone.

This is actually very good. Saved

the trick on wearing how it was meant to be is to be in general good physical shape, and have even boring stuff fitted well. Usually a size down, and much tighter than any american does it

you size up your pants? why would you wear pants a size too big?

how do i tuck correctly lol

>well it doesn't change at all
yes it does? slim is the current "normal, well fitting"

baggy was "normal, well fitting" before

what you mean by "normal fitting" looks to everyone else like dadcore, and they will assume you're either aggressively unfashionable or attempting to be fashionable by being ahead of the trend.

Baggy and slim are both not ideal and neutral. You need to just fit correctly, not slim not 'baggy', by baggy i assume it's oversized/upsized 00's rapper shit. Just, regular fitting clothes really appeals me. They look good and it's actually about the clothes fitting good, if in slim fitting clothes, it's more about the body looking good, not the clothes fitting good. Slim and baggy clothes are pretty degenerate. They were created with degenerate motivation. Your clothes shouldn't be close to the skin unless it's some kind of tights or underpants. It can't change just like human physiology. Slim clothes is like homosexuality, we try so hard to make it normal but it just isn't.

It just upsets me how conforming to the most basic neutral rule is considered striking or abnormal. It's like i'm offending you for being heterosexual or something.

Somebody likes suckin dicks

WOW this is barely coherent but

>neutral
this magical middle ground you seek does not exist. there is no cut of clothing conceivable that never has never or will never looked dated or abnormal.

the amount of effort you seem to be putting into being "normal" makes me think there's something you're compensating for. you dont really sound like you belong here, why dont u just stay over in /pol/ next time?

Stop running from societal pressure, embrace it and meet it

>there is no cut of clothing conceivable that never has never or will never looked dated or abnormal.

Not person you were replying to, but, what about a basic polo shirt?

A lot of pants these days are cut slim. "Menswear" brands are more relaxed, but I find they generally have a shitty taper, and like 9 inch leg openings. I have a very narrow waist for my frame, so if I size up, the legs fit me a bit more relaxed, but still neat, and with a nice taper. The only catch is that I have to wear a belt.

Dress for the occasion and your personality

Wear what you want to wear, dude.

>why dont u just stay over in /pol/ next time?

What makes you think i frequent pol ?

I gave up, user. It was quite a ride.

Tucked in short sleeve shirts for casual go, yes or not ?

Idk which one is my actual personality, i haven't decided yet. I guess i'll just go with 'i listen to prog rock and jazz but i don't want to show that i do but somehow you can figure out still'-core.