What Latin American nation has the most interesting history?

What Latin American nation has the most interesting history?

>Hard mode: Post Independence

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Acosta_Ñu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paraguay

Quebec

That ... that isn't even wrong

Yea Paraguay, didn't know about them until a few weeks ago since I'm currently taking a course in Latin American history after independence. Second place is probably Chile

Until recently Bolivia has been on a non-stop cuck fest. Kinda interesting imhp

Chile
a country full of thefts, fags, idiots, idealists, genocide, and gringo fuckery
t.chilean

México desu

I'm peruvian, Perú history is a fuckfest, really interesting; that can only mean that every country history is really interesting if you hear it from the right source.

BRazil, both pre and post independence.

Second place I would give to Haiti for the pure unadulterated shitshow.

Argentina

Fucking Chile hogging all the coast.

t. Chango Mango
t. Evo Morales
t. Mapuche Martínez
t. Huehuetenango
t. Tacna Arica
t. Alberto Barbosa
t. 1/256 Italian, 255/256 African

How is this allowed?

It's like a 2,000 mile long coastline and nothing else. And more importantly why did Argentines allow this penis-country to cuck them out of any access to the Pacific?

>Mfw

T. Charles IV of Spain

Bolivia

get fucked, you lost get over it
It is allowed because we have more guns
Argentines talk a lot but are actually the biggest fuck up

Mostly because of the Andes.

There is no call for that much of a single country to just be coastline.

Even Croatia (another coast-hog) lets Bosnia have a teeny tiny bit of coast. Mercy is just not in the Chilean vocabulary.

Always destroys my autism too. Chile was a mistake.

bolivia and peru didnt have mercy in their vocabulary when they allied up to fuck chile up
2vs1 and they still got BTFO
Pathetic
USA made us neo-liberal using force and terror;
dont expect us to be mr.happy good vibes country

>what are natural borders

Weren't they a single country back then? And to be honest, Bolivia should deduct rather than add to the total.

Fuck chillax like.

You already have more coast than some decent sized islands, not much more to get.

No, the eternal Chiilean ruined that dream some decades earlier.

>Weren't they a single country back then
No

Brazil by far.

>Weren't they a single country back then?
No.

Chile liberated Peru from Bolivia in 1839.

is there a more bitch ass nigga in Latin America history?
Allende thought they were friends ;_;

>Penis Country
Thanks for the laugh. I agree with all you said. I always thought it was nice of Croatia to give Bosnia the coast around Neum.

Both Pinocho and Allende were vendepatrias, senpai.

Does anyone have the one about Paraguay and Brazil learning about the war at school and then the Brazillian dadball going

>300,000
>Monster kill huehuehue

¿Cuándo volveremos a tener a hombres como estos al poder?

For the shitfest alone, Bolivian history is fascinating, after the independence and till 1978 Bolivia had 188 Coup d'états, and it didn't stoped there, it's amazing they can still be called a country.

Not so long a ago they burned a corrupt mayor.

Plus the wars and the territory lost with everybody.

Chilean history have a lot fights with the native population, that are still going on in some places, but are keep out of the public eye.

Most Chileans are genuine assholes that think shit about all of their neighbors, like this one they make america proud.

Because of that they will never release not even a little bit of coast, to countries that needed desperately like Bolivia or Paraguay, this perpetues the geo political balance in the south cone.

Colombian history is interesting too. with more than 40 years of guerrilla wars in the jungle, that never acomplished nothing besides the very profitable drug market.

Pic it's from 1980 military strike in Bolivia, those tanks, and those guns were all you needed to seize power in Bolivia.

Talk shit, get hit. They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind.
Why have mercy when they attack you?

Because >pic related

it was actually the Argentinians who cucked Chile out of Atlantic access.

> According to some estimates, Paraguay's pre-war population of 525,000 was reduced to 221,000 of which only 28,000 were men

Fucking hell. Man. That's insane. If Brazil was Muslim they'd would've been all over those people.

Almost makes me wish Paraguay had won. Always looks good in the books when the absolute madman wins.

>Most Chileans are genuine assholes that think shit about all of their neighbors

can you blame us though?

everyone around is disgusting desu

Colombian here. My vote goes to Argentina.

From backward colony even in Spanish standards to 8th largest economy, to fucking up bad in the 20th century, to declaring war on the 3rd world power for some islands to keep fucking everything up until last year.

>you will never be one of those 28,000, living in an almost 10-1 style harem country

Panama is kind of funny in a sad way. They were basically established as an independent nation for the sole benefit of European and US interests in a canal.

Those were mostly kids and old men, I think.

look at a geographical map retards and you'll see the reason why chile has its shape

>Being a horny teenager among thousand of hundred of desperate women for dick.
It gets better and better.

Mexico since it has been an interesting clusterfuck since it's inception

Gold

Paraguay. Francia is the most bizarre leader in history.

Kek

Maybe. But this cunt was hitler tier leader.

He's responsible for this shit and many other atrocities.

Forgot link

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Acosta_Ñu

>First of January 1869 best day of my life!

Why has no one made a RTS gmae about this war?

Something like that gettysburg game could work, it would be a really fun game.

Altough I may be biased, I believe Mexican postindependence history is pretty fucking interesting to be honest.

We had two empires, war against US, war against the french, two goverments (a Repúblic and a foreign Empire supported by a local polítical party) who claimed their legitimacy over the other, fun fact, the president during this period was called the wandering president since he was pursued and prosecuted by his opposing party. He was even governed México during his exile in New Orleans I believe, funny thing was that Emperor Maximilian, who was supported by the conservative party had the same ideology as liberal president Juarez.

Our country lived in a perpetual state of war for almost 100 years since we declared our independence of Spain.

Spain, USA, France and ourselves were some of our enemies during this period.

and you have the church which is undoubtedly a source of polítical, social and cultural strife like no other., fighting the church's influence was one of the main themes during the XIX century

Then you have the Mexican Revolution and the postrevolutionary state that left behind and what was called the perfect dictatorship because for another 70 years few people dominated the polítical stage with the appearence of a democracy, whose effects we're still feeling today.

>tfw Perú has been nothing but a cluster fuck since independence
>tfw Perú hasn't win any important battles
>tfw Chile trying to steal stuff from us (Arica, El Huascar, el pisco)
>tfw economically fucked
>tfw technologically retarded
>Muslims are starting to come here
>tfw no world relevancy

Being Perú is suffering.
At least we are not Bolivia or Venezuela, so is not all that bad I guess.

Mexico.
Brazil
Paraguay.
Chile
Venezuela
Argentina.
Cuba.

Also what's with Paraguay loving to start wars in the region? Literally two of the biggest wars in Lat-Am is instigated by Paraguay.

Paraguay until the Triple Alliance. Amazing how they built an aggresive nation state in the middle of the jungle.

Chilean here. Just remember to side with us against Bolivia this time, and lets divide their territory and wealth. I just hope relations with Bolivia go to shit in every way and form so we can finally put a bullet through Evo's thick fucking skull, and put an end to that meme country.

We'll also need to wipe their population since they are race of useless and illiterate mountain niggers with no redeeming quality other than being 'ok' punching bags.

This. Country was insane.

Cuba

Get out huefag, your country is not even relevant amongst latin americans

This. No latin american country has been more relevant
>Its sole existance triggers the spanish-american war
>becomes a den for the american mob as well as the center of dominance of the Atlantic
>suddenly gommunism
>becomes USSR playground and base
>creates and encourages tons of guerrilla groups from central America down south to Bolivia
>Nuclear missile crisis
And the list goes on

>mfw I'm master race

>all those wars against urself
>master race
it's like if you boast about being an alpha male just for fapping more than the average

t. Bolivia

Why the fuck would you put a vendepatria in that pic?

why would someone be anti-pinochet?

t. antifa indio

Paraguay still managed to kill a lot of enemies.
Over 140 thousand.

Actually half the casualties of that war on both sides were for diseases.

Are implying that Pinochet is fascist? Because they are against neoliberalism. No fascist, apart from /pol/ "fascists", would support Pinochet.

t. fascist

No vendepatria shall be the dictator of mine.

hehehehehe

Casualties does not mean killed necessarily.

Also this

I'd also ad a mention of how to this day, Guarani is the only native language that's found mainstream success.

because that's what happens when you fight a war in the jungle pre-20th century. (And not always then, even in WW2, tropical medicine was a huge concern.)

Sad because it was the best during the colony.

It still looks awful. Also peru has land in both sides, you have no excuse.

No, you guys killed like 71000 people in total.

why is paraguay so weird

It's one of the lands more untouched by colonialism. Which doesn't mean it was completely untouched.

Chile stronk, cucking Peru and Bolivia on a daily basis, also has the dankest proceres, aka. Manuel Rodriguez and J.M Carrera, Portales is GOAT as well

Haiti is really interesting to me.
>slaves hear about French Revolution, start their own revolt
>slaughter their masters and defeat french army
>it was so bloody that nowadays there is almost no white people left there
>first independent nation in latin america and the only one estabilished by a slave revolt
>their politics since then have been a massive shit-flinging contest, and there have been numerous dictators and over 32 coups d'état

The war was the equivalent of making a ton of workers, then running them across the map to deny victory to your oponent

Dominican Republic Desu

>it was so bloody that nowadays there is almost no white people left there

There were no whities left because the ones remaining after the revolt were massacred
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre

Whatever white was left also ran away

Venezuela

Ever since separating from gran colombia the country was like a latin american sengoku jidai with all the different caudillos and their private armies fighting for dominance until Juan Vicente Gomez in the 1920s and 30s put a stop to it by force

Which is why I think a game focusing on the major battles of the war like the Ultimate General: Gettysburg game.

>what is the Strait of Magellan

Why is it that people from irrelevant backwaters always the most nationalistic? I swear, suddaca nationalism or Balkan nationalism is way more obnoxious than say Western European nationalism.

They are probably uneducated bydlo and as such turn to nationalism and religion as a reason to not feel like a piece of shit and justify their existence.

It's the same in Western Europe tbqh. Just there's less of them.

Yeah man, you guys had some crazy shit in your history. I almost feel like "Mexico" isn't even really a proper state if that makes sense, since your country has undergone such radical changes and uprisings and separatist movements all throughout its history that still have yet to be resolved today.

cuba

Eastern European nationalism is mixed with butthurt and religion, while Western nationalism is much less popular (because there was no need for it, living off colonial wealth and technology was easy mode) and is (quite rightfully) mixed with ideas of racial superiority.

I've read in a book that BR troops with dysenteriae were instructed to crap in the river for the flow to take it to the Paraguayan camp.