Gf broke up with me bc i'm too judgemental and "try to control her looks"

>gf broke up with me bc i'm too judgemental and "try to control her looks"

goddamn i hate what Veeky Forums has done to me

y cant u just accept people for the way they are ??

I don't let my gf leave the house unless she looks her best. Shea my accessory her looking like trash is like if i went out with a mustard stained t shirt

ok mustard clothes are gross but i told her she would look like trash bc she wanted to dye her hair a funky colour and now iwant to kill myself

i don't even mean it half the time it just comes out my mouth

for real is that wrong ?
i don't even know, it seems so petty to break up over but at the same time it must hurt to have you significant other have a negative response to all your ideas

probably superficial ?
if i really cared only about fashion and hairstyles i wouldn't be so sad leaving her would i ?
i really like this picture

fucking learn to give your opinion without being jerks, be sensitive, say you like her natural hair color or that blue would overshadow her skin or whatever but don't tell your girlfriend that you think shit she likes is thrash

solid advice here
if only I had thought of that before we broke up

>now iwant to kill myself
PLEASE do

there's no hope for you you absolute dickhole

i'm so sorry user
i'm trying to be a better person, really

i have no ill intent
this stuff just kind of happens without me realizing it

it must be something psychological. i am an artist and looks always concern me and my life is filled with judgement and criticism. if i learn to separate this part of my personality from my relationships maybe I will be okay

you don't even take responsibility for your own actions. stop trying to blame anonymous internet users for your mistakes. it's really not difficult to just not call your girlfriend trashy

oh yeah, and i need to keep this thread fashion-related

bowie is a big inspiration for me. i love him so much... and yet -- i have a very difficult time accepting people who do things that bowie would do??? does that make sense at all??? like if Bowie were alive today i would probably dismiss him as a trashy celebrity ... its some weird cognitive dissonance going on in my head

I didn't take responsibility for my actions when I was talking to her. I said something like -- "I was just expressing my opinions, why are you so sensitive? when I say [such and such] is trashy, I don't mean YOU are trashy. I am just expressing my opinion"

how regretful I am

I take full responsibility now, and for the record I wasn't ~really~ blaming Veeky Forums for my problems. my post was just a way of venting.

Sort of similar situation. Mine said that I seem to be more concerned with her weight than she is. Wat do?

I don't think its wrong to be concerned with someone's health

eat good with her and exercise with her and love her

My girlfriend kinda dresses like shit, but I don't say anything because I love her and want her to feel good about herself. Plus it's just clothes, so who cares?

sounds like the kettle calling the pot black and the tea cup red

shit advice desu, sorry but the more of a jerk you are the more a woman will respect you, generally. She already wanted to dump him and just found a convenient excuse.

What do you mean by "concerned with her weight"? Is she overweight? That would make sense, I wouldn't want my partner to be unhealthy either. But if you're criticizing her for being a healthy weight (fat in the eyes of Veeky Forums), or having junk food occasionally, that's when start to sound like an asshole. Not trying to be rude, just looking for clarification because there's a big difference between those two mindsets.

She's not overweight. She just wants to lose weight and be thinner how she use to be like In her high school days. She gets frustrated because she says everything she tries to lose wait doesn't get any results. I'm an asshole as well because I'd want her to be how she use to be.

Even the girls who go for jerks will fucking despise a guy who downs her appearance.

dump the slag

How is that downing her appearance?
There's a difference between
>hey what do you think of crazy color hair
>I think its trashy
and
>you are trashy/you have shit taste

And I get the impression posters are talking about the former.

He is saying she has shit taste by telling her she would look trashy with a hairstyle she obviously likes and considered getting done. Like the other user said, it would sound better to say "I like your current hair color" or something instead of calling her taste trashy.

I don't disagree with what the other user said, but I'm not sure if I consider that downing someone's appearance. My girlfriend told me I would look like a fuckboy wearing a HY and while I think that's stupid its not the same as if she called me ugly or something. That would hurt yo.

give me attention

This
Maybe girls will got for jerks at first, but in a long term relationship that shit doesnt work out

how fucking autistic are you guys
is right, learn to adjust the message to its receiver. you girlfriend isn't some random Veeky Forumsggot on a Malaysian basket weaving forum

>Malaysian basket weaving forum
I'm Malaysian, where is this basket weaving forum and how do I join?