Cold Showers

You have 15 seconds to explain why you don't take cold showers.

>Helps Reduce Stress
>Increases Alertness
>Improves skin health
>Makes your hair stronger and softer
>Helps you lose weight
>Improves circulation
>Relieves Depression
>Increases Sperm Count

How can you justify not taking one?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17958903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19357407
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10396606
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because I live in Canada

Because they're uncomfortable as fuck

Then take a Scottish shower (Start hot then finish off with cold)

because taking a hot shower gives me an incredible feeling.

also the cold water hitting me would cause my heart to stop so it would be a short-lived adventure there.

hot showers are the most enjoyable part of my day thats why

But user, the increased heart rate and breathing means your body is actually working!

>your shower is the most enjoyable part of your day
s a d

I do this and have been for a while, not because I considered the benefits but because it feels fucking brilliant.

honestly because the cold water knob has some gross looking stuff on it and I dont wanna touch it

Sadly this

How do i start into cold showers? I live in a city where its fucking 8°c in the morning and 15°c in the night and taking a shower at noon is just ridiculous

>>Helps Reduce Stress
>>Increases Alertness
>>Improves skin health
>>Makes your hair stronger and softer
>>Helps you lose weight
>>Improves circulation
>>Relieves Depression
>>Increases Sperm Count

Source?

Just do it man. Scottish shower that shit, so hot then few minutes of cold at the end. Twice a day I would recommend, because you'll get used to it more quickly and 2x shower a day is godmode anyway. If you arent liking it after a while - maybe a week or so - give up, its just not your thing I guess. I don't know about the health benefits, I think the majority of claims are bullshit, I just think it feels great once you get used to it. Wakes you up for sure in the morning as well.

>soap doesn't work unless it's warm

retard

I don't like hot showers but I don't like completely cold showers neither
I like when it's just a little bit warm

what temperature constitutes "cold water"?

Well, my house has a shitty old boiler, i always end up showering with lukewarm water and its aight but what is cold water? 10°c?

Cold water coming out of the tap is like 25C where I live.

This is the best for your skin. Allows the pores to open and release filth, clean and rinse with soap and wash cloth. Then, cold to close the pores back up.

>he still believes that pores open and close

Nice meme

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17958903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19357407
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10396606
Finish off with 30 seconds of cold water
Less than 10c should be fine
That's room temperature

I'll open your face, friendo

Because I'm fortunate enough to have hot water. Pretty sure that somebody who has no hot water would tell you that they would use it if they had it.

>Less than 10c

mate, you're dreaming. considering how sensitive our bodies are to temperature changes in water, below 10C is torturous, not to mention there aren't even many places in the world where you can get water that cold straight out of the tap.

what's important is filtering out potential irritants from the water itself, which is what you're achieving by showering colder anyways, since hot water tends to contain them in larger quantities. the claims about the temperature itself making a difference in terms of skin care are questionable at best

>less than 10c should be fine
do you realize the fucking arctic ocean is about 6c?

>can't handle cold water for 10-30 seconds
I'm not implying a full length shower, im talking about finishing off your current one with cold water.

only 1 is fairly recent (2009), all the other ones are either review papers or papers proposing experiments.

Only the 2009 actually performed an experiment lmao.

>lrn2read

helps you lose weight lol

clean it with the hot water

>the claims about the temperature itself making a difference in terms of skin care are questionable at best

This is just my own personal experience but ever since I stopped taking steaming hot showers, my skin is a lot less dry and it's especially noticeable in the winter

This.

Where in Canada you live at?

Because my back hurts so much after waking up that I need to take a hot shower.

I don't have hot water at home (boiler doesn't work anymore) and I take cold shower daily, I feel like a warrior after the shower but no other effects for me.

I live in tropical third world country.

look into oxycodone friend

Because my shower is a shitshow
>turn it on
>it releases hot water for 2 minutes then cold water for 2 minutes then hot water for 2 minutes then...
>turn it off
>it still does the same shit

I still try to finish off my showers with the water cold, but since my shower is hot and cold and off, I don't really think it counts

boiler's shagged mate.

I live in England