Sup Veeky Forumsggots, /out/ist here

sup Veeky Forumsggots, /out/ist here.

I'm soon going on a world journey with a backpack, tent, the lot, and I want to look the part of a rugged, yet stylish, vagabond.

I'm looking for some clothes that will both be stylish and practical in terms of outdoor activities.

Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOeEtbIUhKc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

check out And Wander, Patagonia, and Fjällräven for starters I guess

old milsurp! especially swiss and scandinavian wool stuff.

R H O D E S I A
H
O
D
E
S
I
A

All of the above but also snow prak and Carhartt and other workwear. Also look up comfy core for the moomin kinda look but add some outdoorwear/ workwear

wool is god tier garment material. only material i know of that can get wet and still keep you warm

osprey is the only Veeky Forums approved backpack, everything else is not worth your time or money.

I know man. I basically exchanged all my cotton garments for wool and linen (even t-shirts and underwear - merino wool is king.) No regrets.

How is this dude so fucking effay?

youtube.com/watch?v=KOeEtbIUhKc

This is a good idea for a thread. I have the same question as OP, except I'm only trying to find a good, sturdy travel jacket. I'd like to find something simple like pic related, except instead of a thin, lightweight cotton hoodie an actual jacket. But a real basic looking hooded jacket with raglan sleeves, etc. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Just something that works well with a backpack - not something super warm like down, and not something thin as shit either. Just some kind of in-between hooded jacket that can maybe be layered underneath if necessary.

are you just looking for an anorak?

This.

No one on your world journey will give a fuck if you're stylish

is it dumb to wear a bandana like this (a little thicker) to protect my neck from sunburn?

I really dig those Scandinavian style sweaters. Is there a a place to get them without having to shell out a $100+?

yes, very dumb
>b-b-but it's f-f-for s-sunburn

just use sun cream you fucking idiot

maybe try a linen scarf - these paisley bandanas are cholo-core

You can easily thrift them I guess.

Hey thanks user, I like those a lot. I think I might want some kind of jacket with a full zipper, though. I'm really trying to find a good hooded jacket that's designed more or less like a heavier version of a raglan hoodie. Any recommendations would be totally appreciated

Sun cream? Never heard anyone call skin sauce this

No, if you look her. Yes, if you're you.

skin sauce?
i've never heard anyone called neck damper this

This one is a warm one.

you're mother gets wet and keeps me warm m8

This is more techwear.

Or finally this for a very classic kind of hoodie.

>raglan hoodie
And finally this.

>Scandinavian
That's an Icelandic sweater you dickweed. Iceland is not Scandinavian.
Scandinavia consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. If you would've used the looser term, Nordic, I would not have written this post in the first place, since Nordic countries are Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland (and their associated territories: Greenland and Svalbard with Faroe and Åland islands).
You see, Scandinavia refers to the Scandinavian peninsula and its' countries. For an example: Finns tend to refer themselves as Scandinavian people, but in reality they are Fenno-Scandian.

You must be real fun at parties.

>Finns tend to refer themselves as Scandinavian people
Not true, other people do this. We know we are not Scandinavian and are in fact Mongols from Central Asia.

More of this please. Any inspo pics?