Christians maintain holier than thou attitude with other people...

Christians maintain holier than thou attitude with other people, but when it comes to themselves they just shrug stuff off and say God forgives. Over and over I see this. What's the point of even having sin if God forgives everything?

>cuck Christian guy
>his wife's body smells like fresh baked cake
>afterward ask her if she's seriously a Christian
>she adamantly is
>ask her if she thinks adultery might get in the way of her salvation
>she tells me that salvation is about faith, not works, that's why the adulteress who was going to be stoned was saved, through faith
>she says everyone is a sinner, but not everyone has faith

You got rekt by your own bitch, OP.

it's a religion of weakness, custom tailored to a falling empire. A couple good people get caught up in it but by tradition but the majority of decent people who are raised christian will turn from it. not really that complicated.

So high test that I feel my balls shrinking.

>it's okay to do bad things because I know they're bad

It's always protestants who say the stupid shit

Daily Reminder:

Christianity = cuck-tier

Hinduism = poo-tier

Islam = warlord-tier

Buddhism = Steve Jobs-tier

Judaism = Illuminati-tier

Scientology = Billionaire celebrity-tier

>celebrity-tier
so mentally ill-tier

>Steve Jobs and billionaire celebrity are two different tiers

There is no point.
It's a broken system.

Think of something new, ya mime!

I'm not a mime, I'm the same poster.

My point still stands.

>It's always protestants who say the stupid shit

Ever talked religion with a Mexican?

Something people always forget is everytime Jesus intervened, healed, or dealt with a person, it was followed with "Go and sin no more."

This idea that God is eternally merciful to the saved is true, but people are slapping God in the face. How can one claim to have faith if they repeatedly commit the same sins? To have faith, to believe in something, often asserts that you then follow.

You may as well ask every christian ever that question, considering that christians have committed every "sin" known to man.

>What's the point of even having sin if God forgives everything?

Do people really not understand what repentance is? I'm talking about OP btw, not the may be real, may not be real characters in his story.

Also this should go without saying, but I understand it's hard to remember this, especially when you're young...but at some point you're going to have to realize--- like in this scenario where "all the Christians you meet appear to not practice what they preach etc etc"...at some you're going to have to realize that it's not about what people are doing, but what the facts are. In this case it would be about God's word itself.

I mean this is pretty fundamental in everything in life. There's laws, but not everyone follows them. It's like saying you know a Cop who smokes weed, oh noez, whats the point of having law now?....You know what I'm saying?

Don't look at the people, study the facts and as hard as it can be at a young age, don't be impressionable. Don't rely soo much on what you see from other people, specifically when they don't make sense lol

But yeah, the word is repentance. Jesus demanded this for a reason. If this isn't a troll and you're sincerely asking that question, all you gotta do is study.

>implying women can actually be religious
#dead

Was Jesus forgiven?

Your sins were forgiven too. You can just shrug them off too.

That's the kind of people cults usually target, yeah.

Yup. Just like everyone else.

Yes, all those yogini are only pretending to take oaths of austerity and seek renunciation.

That is a fascinating question.

Absolutely fascinating.

Not "was Jesus forgiven", as the only sin pinned on Him was all of ours, but "on what basis"?

>What they do matters to God.

No. Jesus was not forgiven. He suffered the wrath of every single sin He took upon Himself, every single sin humanity ever committed, and paid the ultimate price for all of them.

Forgiveness has a price. Jesus paid it.

But he was God so that makes no sense

If you pay a penalty, that's not forgiveness. Forgiveness means foregoing penalty.

You are missing the point
Catholicism is not meant to be taken seriously. That is the entire point of the damn thing. That makes Protestantism extra iffy because they dropped all the clauses and hooks that rendered all these silly rules irrelevant.

He just rose in a few days though like

If worldly sin is met with otherworldly tortue(IE hell) then why is jesus' otherworldly, surrogate sinning met with temporary, worldly pain.

Tell it to the Catholics.

She's a dumb whore (or would be, were she real), who wants to feel better about herself.

the ones I know do. Usually the ones that are dangerously close to a historically more protestant region are harsher. And America is a whole different world from what I've been told

He is God. Hence the power to lay down His life, and to pick it back up again.

But He paid the price of all of those sins He took onto Himself for us; He Who knew no sin became sin so that we might live.

So He was not forgiven any of those sins. He paid the penalty for all of them.

Jesus was not forgiven, and could not be forgiven on the same basis that we were: "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they are doing."

Jesus knew exactly what He was doing, and did it, perfectly. I say perfectly because He rose from the dead, proving the Father accepted the Son's sacrifice.

God is a threefold God; a triune entity relational even within Himself.

Aye, that's where I'm at.

They take it bloody seriously.

I'm hiding your thread

get rekt

>Catholicism is not meant to be taken seriously
Every time they burned heretics and retards like you at the stake the Catholic rulers did absolutely nothing wrong.

What did he pay?

Payment assumes a trade of something valuable. But as far as I've been told, he's chilling in eternal bliss with/as a part of the big G.

I mean if I lose my job but pick up a infinite trust fund instead and have myself a chocolate milk in self-congratulation, I don't think I've actually lost anything valuable here unless I REALLY liked that job. Even then, I could use the infinite nature of my finances to just keep doing it anyways.

Jesus, according to myth, never sacrificed anything meaningful.

that's politics faggot
some do, that's the problem. Usually that problem increases the further you travel north.

They lie.

Students are to be like their teacher, and slaves are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names!

According to jesusbois this happens constantly to them. We don't know where, but this should be a constant to a minority of knowers of the truth that are hated and reviled by many as if they were demons.

By the way, I'm a son of Satan, he is my god and saviour. In no way am I claiming that Satan is the evil one, or a fallen angel, I'm claiming he is the actual true god and saviour, the one that is good and loving.

Go ahead, tell me what you think of my afterlife filliation and I will tell you whose saviour is being called prince of demons.

>they burned heretics
baka

>confirming bias, the thread

God damn, that outfit. Dem hips.

did they run you with --verbose on startup or something?

>implying Charlemagne didn't righteously execute 4,000 subhuman Saxon pagans in 1 day at Verden

Why was it necessary to say she smells like cake?

He paid the price for breaking the Law of God. He suffered the wrath of God, and He died.

And then was brought back from death. Which sounds an awful lot like forgiveness, considering that his mortal pain is infinitesimally small relative to the rest of his existence.

How did dreamworks get away with that shit for Children.

Not to mention that barely implied sex scene.

The way he describes her body smelling like fresh cake makes me think he might have actually fucked someone else's cake.

He wants you to think that it's a real person, and not actually his hand after he finished eating cake with it.

There was nothing to forgive. Jesus paid the price for your sins. My sins. Everyone's sins.

And the Father proclaimed that He did so, perfectly. Jesus, the Lamb of God, was accepted by the Father in propitiation for all of our sins.

So he just died? That was it? That was the extent of his payment?

I mean that's just really unimpressive if it is the case. It's literally something anyone can do. It's something that many saints and martyrs do, but why aren't they the lamb of god if what they more or less do is suffer to help absolve sin?

All this seems to me is that it's a symbolic end to ritual human sacrifice to stave off supernatural woes. One that meant that you could instead pray, or confess, and not have to dig somebody's heart out of their chest.

Which would be significant, if it turns out that I'm not wrong and that is mostly the case. But that means Jesus's death wasn't meaningful in any way other than arbitrary theological symbolism.

Yes, God died for you.

And then brought himself back to life.

I don't see the sacrifice here. Can god feel pain as we do? Can god suffer as we do? If neither are true, why do we say that he can sacrifice as we do?

How the fuck do we allow this shit on Veeky Forums what the fucking fuck people

>t. heil Wotan xDDD

Yes, God forgives everything, but only if you are able to acknowledge the weight of your sins and ask for forgiveness.

So when you say Chrisitan you must mean orthodox Christian that goes at least every Sunday to church and every great celebration - otherwise that person is not a Christian and arguments against Christianity trough a secular person cannot justify.

>What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

- The Apostle Paul, Letter to the Romans Ch. 6

From a Christian:
If anyone talks about your sins, tell them to go read Romans 3 and leave you alone about it. Christianity is about your personal relationship with Jesus as Christ, not some jerk's opportunity to play thought police.

Are you dumb? Jesus did suffer. Read the bible you fucking heretic.

Fuck off Protty

>Just fuck the Book of James why don't we

and this is why I am Orthodox rather than Protestant

>So He was not forgiven any of those sins. He paid the penalty for all of them.

To himself, which he also set and decided to enforce. Jesus "sacrifice" really makes no sense unless God is an evil dick who just wanted to torture someone.

She's clearly some bitch and isn't a true Christian.

If you honestly believe that your salvation isn't defined by your actions and your faith then just kill yourself (seeing as that isn't a sin either)

More importantly, is Road to El Dorado worth watching? Your webm makes it look very appealing.

Aguirre, the Wrath of God.
It's about a historical person, Lope de Aguirre on an expedition to find El Dorado.

It's one of those films that get a place in the 100 top list. I warmly recommend this for you, see it agian if you already have.

>Thread is up the next day.

kek

Who have you died for?

Or take the opportunity to tell them that all sin was forgiven at the cross 2000 years ago, making salvation possible.

He died for your sins.

He paid a debt He did not owe because you owed a debt you could not pay.

>no true Scotsman

>A crucifixion cut short by a spear is equivalent to all human sin in time.

Bitch that isn't even enough to cover your average war let alone all sin.

>Implying billionares are on the same level as Steve Jobs

This man has obviously not seen the light of the great Steve Jobs.