I'm about to become an apprentice in carpentry...

I'm about to become an apprentice in carpentry, but is there stylish working clothes out there that won't interfere with doing my job?

In other words, fashionable, yet practical?

Other urls found in this thread:

round-house.com/products/1101-round-house-made-in-usa-natural-drill-double-front-painter-carpenter-dungaree-jean
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmao

i am not familiar with the aesthetics of carpentry-core

save your money for places where people actually give a fuck about what you wear, go out more

Just dress normally unless you want to get shit-talked all day every day

Grey shirt and your work pants. Work out. Anything else and you will he called a faggot

Holy shit you're a massive faggot

While this is beyond true, just fucking bant back and shrug some of it off.

Check out WIP, Filson, Woolrich, and Thorogood. Get some plain tees or ss henleys too.

work trousers with a loose fitting crewneck there. done.

carhartt wip, have a few shirts from them and they're hella thic and comfy and are made as workwear

Stop being a faggot, wear a plain shirt and comfy jeans.

"Make sure that sawdust doesn't get into my triple goretex raincoat"

Ur gonna get hazed so hard you faggot hahah

I've been the manager of a woodshop for about three years now (obvi I browse fa) and there's really no benefit in trying to look deliberately stylish while on the job. Everyone I work with/for are kind of stylish older dudes but in a very old school way so I don't think you'd get roasted. A few weeks on the job and you'll prioritize comfort and function over anything else. I have some nasty carhartt stuff I got from goodwill that fits and go through kirkland tees every few months.

just do your fuckin job

Honestly, just use nike/adidas polyester workout shirts. All that matters is that you can work and move comfortably and your shirt doesn't smell like sweat at the end of the day.

Also... Red Wing or Wolverine boots.

Can't imagine polyester or nylon meeting osha standards

T I M B S

Dane 4 brazos boots
Sweatpants and hoodie/t shirt

this.

my fucking sides hahahahha

i literally wear hi vis gray pants and 3 layers of whatever is warmest that i also don't give a shit about wrecking in my wardrobe. I advise you do the same.

carpenter for five years here
dont ball out, you'll be covered in glue soon enough considering you wont be doing anything super fancy for the first year or so
carhartt makes decent stuff, even the regular things. if you are skinny you will struggle, your best bet is layering probably
your clothes will get fucked, don't think about it too hard

i have a friend who does carpentry and wears saint laurent jeans to work everyday

>wearing WIP to work.
Seriously? Shit is overpriced as it is unless it's on sale.

OP just wear what the other guys wear. Read "The Way of Men."

Carpenter here (also a trade so a labor gay, im hot i heard)

You'll have to replace clothes often, buying higher quality clothes (so carhartt WIP and similiar prices) will go to trash cause you will spill oils, stains, glue, acrylic and shit on you all the time. You'll get tears and cuts so if you'll stay in the trade you can find something that will look good on you over time. For pants i definitely reccomend Dickies (especially the double knee ones if ur doing flooring or trimwork, your pants will get used the most on your knees) they're cheap and look pretty good, especially if ur skinny you can wear the skinny ones. Second hand denim is great for bottoms too, like i said buying even LEEs or Wranglers might just not be worth it. For tops, marshalls or if u got one Burlington Coat Factory will get u nice wokr jackets like Wolverine or Carhartt. MA1 bombers are great for cold weather too. For lighter weather I'd do thick flannels (i'd make sure they're wool cause if they have synthetics they can melt from sparks or something, thats happened to me multiple times) or Hannes sweathirts (navy and grey are the best colors, dirt, dust, stains doesnt standout as much on them as it would on like, black). Hoodies too, zip up ones are extra comfy to regulate ur heat and the ones that are not too thick and more fitting look much nicer. Then, just wear t-shirts but not loose ones, wear fitting ones. Dont look like a slob but look lean, thicker fabric will make you look more rugged, not like a teenager. Denim button ups are good too but roll up your sleeves, on short on long sleeved ones. Roll up sleeves on t-shirts too, it just look better i think. For shoes, dont get anything special. Shit like timbs is good for outdoor, steel toed if its heavy shit. Wear dark sneakers with thick soles for indoor work (preferably without black rubbers, ones that dont leave marks if you slide your foot on clients floor).

right haha

round-house.com/products/1101-round-house-made-in-usa-natural-drill-double-front-painter-carpenter-dungaree-jean

This shit right here. They are not effay, not at all. What they are is affordable, tough, flexible, and they fit over your boots (Which is where you should REALLY put your money). Don't worry about them getting dirty. That's what they're for. If you don't worry too much about them and just let come what may, well worn work pants and boots have an aesthetic all their own.

I wish tradesmen in the US dressed like Tradies in Australia. Work Chelseas and shorts sounds super comfy to work in.

Why ? Not OP but carpentry looks fun and the whole idea of having woodworking business is pretty aesthetic. Also physical work can increase your testosterone. I always feel inferior next to truck drivers or carpenters, they have big strong hairy arms and probably big penises too. While i'm like a girl with my skinny arms and small peepee.

I'll get into carpentry too, maybe i can be the persona that i'm dying to be, which is the superior masculine man.