/boot/ general

Post boots and stuff.

I'm looking at these four boots (from left to right, top to bottom: wolverine 1000 mile courtland, thursday captain, red wing iron ranger 8086, red wing iron ranger 8114)

thoughts? will the shiny finish on the thursdays wear down nicely? are red wings played out as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/users/674134-lucashepardawesome56/wardrobe
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222506396096
atthefrontshop.com/product_p/usfparac.htm
uspatriottactical.com/corcoran-jump-boots-10-inch-historic-leather-brown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have the iron rangers rough and tough and they're my favorite pair of shoes.

what is the consensus on timberland boots.
Is it just a meme? Can I even wear them without looking like a NY fuckboi?

classic timbs are meme tier but timberland has some ok designs

Nothing can be more meme than two heel tabs.

Oh shit, I didn't notice, just went to the timberland website and grabbed the first one that wasn't immediately egregious but that's pretty bad actually. Some are truly awful in every way though like pic related

What are some good all black steel toe work boots? Should I get solovair?

Wolverine and Thursday's are low quality trash SENPAI

I've seen some of my favourite and least favourite fits with timbs. Don't dress like a wigger and you're pretty much golden. Also alpha females w/ timbs will watch you like a hawk.

Get the Red Wings 8086.

fuccboi tier, especially if you wear it like that

absolutely haram

Any patrician boot makers that run wide or provide wide width boots besides meme rangers?

I'm looking for a black combat boot that looks cool. also when is it too hot to wear them

Why does everybody recommend red wings? their toe boxes are so high and round they look like fucking clown shoes lmao

wheat timbs are shit but I have a pair in black that I like a lot

w2c these exact boots right now???

fuck all the other pilot boots with the ugly zip in the middle I need these exact boots

red wings are not played out, go with the rangers, remember to size down

get CCP or Dior

Pilotenstiefel

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS BOARD ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTIONS RIGHT NOW YOU AUTIST PIECES OF SHIT EXCLAMATION POINT DADADADADA BROTHERMAN BILL BROTHERMAN BILL

Nah pilotenstiefel are the ones he doesn't want. Look at Austrian paratrooper boots, not the exact same but a similar meme.

I've got these and people tell me they look nice, but I feel like I don't have an outfit to back them up.

Ah okay, had those two mixed up.

I have the waterproof version of these, they're bretty gud. Almost as light as tennis shoes, intended to be worn by cops so you retain a lot of mobility but still get that nice boot protection feeling and I think they look pretty slick if you blouse your pants.

Also has a bloodborne pathogen resistant membrane so you can safely stomp on AIDS-ridden nigs.

what's the id on pic related?

What do you wear them with?

I usually just go with cuffed jeans/cargo pants and any kiind of t shirt, sometimes with a long sleeve button up

My iron rangers are my 'they'll survive anything' boots, tough as nails.

I've been eyeing the thursday captain in black as well. I think it's the most sleek without going to far into the ysl look, but the shoe construction worries me.

The captains (and Thursday's collection in general) are definitely sleek as fuck but yeah I've heard mixed reviews as far as the quality. But then again it's only $200. I might cop later in brown so that I won't mind any blemishes as much because I really fucking love the Thursday last

Cop these awhile ago.. still waiting

pirates of the carribean

I like the Wolverine 1000 mile.

However, stories of shit quality control are scaring me out of a purchase.

What are some boots that are comparable in aesthetics that are /quality/

Doc Martens are horseshit.

I got a pair fo 1490s in October, I kept them up with oiling, waxing, polishing and all the methods I found. I swapped the insoles, used a different pair of shoes around 3-4 times during the week, the whole ordeal. You know what happened a month ago? A hole. A fucking hole split up behind the toecap. After 6 months of usage. I got that place stitched at a local shoemaker, but just a month ago, another one split up right above my heel. I went to the shoemaker again, and I also ordered him to stitch all the other areas behind both toecaps to avoid further splitting. Altogether, the leather around the toecap, the sides, the ankles and heels is all crudded up and now, patched and stitched shut. The leather around the leg of the boot is nice and shiny, because I've kept it that way and it doesn't bend that much during normal usage, but nothing has seemed to help. I live in the city, I don't do long walks or anything. I'm gonna keep this pair, and I even copped a pair of 1460s at a local bidding-site for around 30€, but fucking hell. Is this what these people are confirming as "quality" nowadays? Were Docs ever durable? Do I need to splurge more on my Docs like with the MiE-model or should I just get a pair of memeboots next?

Pic related is the stitched are behind the toecap.

LMAO are those made in England or China?

Even though it's a meme redwings

Taiwan, what do you fucking expect? AKA the boots that 99% stores here sell. I think there's one or two stores (online only too) that sell the British-made models, otherwise it's online or the official stores around the world. This pair was ""just""" 150€. Pic related is the damage after just one month (November, I think) into the boots, after around 2-3 weeks after I had broken them in.

ID on Adam Driver's boots please?

Tired of my timbs, wanna switch things up a bit

ive had my 1460s since december 2015, i wear them regularly. ive worn them to work, ive worn them on walks in the forest, ive stepped in rivers with them, ive ran from police in them, ive worn them to bars, parties, and concerts. ive never once maintained them in any way, never even cleaned them other than wearing them in the rain. literally, the only damage to them is wrinkles in the leather. what the fuck did you do to put holes in them?

MiE or Asian-model?

I don't know about quality, but those thursday captains look dope af

>jack and jones
kys

want to get leather chelsea boots but im not trying to spend more then 150-200..
tried to cop from asos but i am an 11.5
where should i look

These are modified German pilot boots. I did the same with mine.

Are those China or MiE?

Faggots, both of you.
Nothing wrong with J&J

No you didn't. Those havent been in production for ever.

That ship has sailed my friend. Let it go.

ID on top right?

Not him but they look like Thursday Black Presidents

Ralph Lauren

>what is second hand

What are these exactly?

they're from a miley cyrus music vid, do a quick reverse image search

are you looking for dress boots or work boots? Because the TBs are a lot more dressy than the rest of your pairs. Regardless, I like the bottom right redwings the best

They're TB Presidents. He IDs all the boots in the picture in the original post.

I would probably rock boots between October and February. But I'm in NY so the answer to your question is dependent on the climate near you. Maybe above 55 F don't rock boots?

I'm in hell aka florida its usually 80+ f way too hot for jeans

I mean you could buy boots but combat boots can really only be worn with pants. The idea of wearing boots and pants in 80+ weather makes me sweat just thinking about it so I probably wouldn't buy boots if I were you. sorry m8

>tfw no tornadoes

Anyone got a link to those Austrian paratrooper boots or whatever? The zip ones? Been looking for them for a long time

any site where I can buy docs without the massive shipping fee?

south america btw

Wat??? they are readily available to purchase on their website

I dress casually most of the time but I think I'm looking for something between the two. I want something that doesn't look silly with jeans and a t shirt but that can also be dressed up with slacks and a button down.

Taiwan, read the post goddamnit.

black leather combat boots have been played out since 1990. Those boots where only popular because similar jungle boots were worn by the military of the time. Find a aestheticly pleasing modern combat boots or don't combat boots at all.

Anyone make decent boots in size 13?

Thank god that we still have shoemakers

Fucking chink-made 1490s.

Both shoes are patched + stitched by the sides.

7 months in now, I'll be fucking surprised if these last aaaaaall the way into October

Asking for advice. I'm gonna cop clarks desert boots, also they are basically my first pair of boots (I'm pretty new to Veeky Forums) and I wasn't sure about color. I'm gonna wear them with black or blue/light blue jeans. Help me Veeky Forums!

Dayton

for what it's worth, I bought a pair of 1k miles probably 6-7 yrs ago. Mine had no quality issues and are still holding up great even though I wear them in all the elements. I'm not aware of the control issues you're talking about, maybe it's relegated to their newer production. Just based on my old pair id recommend them though.

I don't have tornadoes but I have guidi pigskin backzips with a double stacked heel and they're so outrageous that I literally never wear them. I'd probably have the same experience with tornados. I'm not home but will try and remember to post a pic of them later today, they're beautiful boots.

Selling boots hmu

grailed.com/users/674134-lucashepardawesome56/wardrobe

Obviously a force was applied to the leather for it to just separate. Those kinds of things don't happen spontaneously, perhaps you just got the wrong width of shoe judging by the fact it split at where the toes would be.

Also chink quality.

Why even bother with the cost of 'fixing' them? Just get something new, man.

You mean my toes? Boi, sizing up in the store would have meant that the shoe would have started just wiggling around while I would be just walking slowly.

Probably the Asian model, my mom got them for me for Christmas and I think she just ordered them off the website

Pic related was a dayton and wings+horns collab.

So no it is not the "same" boot.

You can buy the original dayton sure, but it will not look like pic related. This is fa, close enough is not good enough.

Post a pic saying you have those and expect to get ripped apart like a kid wearing dreamboxes trying to pass them off as ricks.

Black will be most versatile always but black desert boots are strange imo. Try some on in a store in your favorite black jeans and see if you can find a brown that works, most browns work with most blues imo.

this pic makes me gag

These really look spectacular. Name?

The old 10i DM industrials are god tier if you can find them in your country, got discontinued a few years ago, definitely worth checking eBay

Bundeswher pilotenstiefel, Germany pilot boots, check ebay.co.de

>old 10i DM industrials
pic related?

Aldos has pretty good boots like this. I took a chance and ordered a pair without trying them on and it was awesome.

Whatever you do, don't get the Thursdays. Trash.

should i cop this guys?

i want to find these boots in europe but i''ve had no luck

they are WWII era jump boots made by Corcoran

more pics to follow

i already know how to make them look like from first pic to this pic but i cant find these boots in europe.

again, they are Corcoran WWII era military jump boots

when and if i find these i will be wearing them with high cuffed jeans, tucked in polo shirt and a shaved head.

looking forward to getting into a lot of fights

What black boots look good on big feet? Looking towards something Austria para/combat boot style. Ann D and Dior ones look great but not in my size and out of my price range plus hard to find.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm a US 14 for reference.

You guys say docs are clunky, from my experience of seeing people wearing them it's quite true so I think it'd be a bad decision for me to try them.

>me

fucking hell my bad

(you)

You want to look for the model code DM398A and pic related on the outside and tongue of the boot (avoid the website TX100.com its a scam site)

Its a different type of loather which lasts much longer but its much much worse trying to break in, still worth it though

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222506396096

what are some good womens chelsea boots that aren't overpriced?

Those look better than my normal 1490s

I have a U.S. site saved, not sure if they ship to Europe.

atthefrontshop.com/product_p/usfparac.htm

uspatriottactical.com/corcoran-jump-boots-10-inch-historic-leather-brown/

Should be about $45 USD for shipping

Are you a skinhead?

BTW how are Corcorans during winter? Aren't the soles really slippery?

Any opinions on the qaulity of Solovair? I'm looking at the 6 eye Derby boot.

i can confirm these are just the normal bundeswehr pilot boots with the zipper removed. i wonder if i should do that to mine. might post a comparison picture later