/grooming/ thread

/grooming/ thread.

Post anything to do with hair care, skin care, shaving, cologne, etc. If we are going to dress well the rest of our body should match, so lets get this shit started.

Recently switched to pic related and im liking it so far. Hair is still a little dry after using it, but its an improvement.

What im really looking for is a decent skin care routine. Drug store cleansers aint cutting it anymore

I've been wondering what are some good shampoo and conditioner for someone with wavy/straight hair

drys out your hair bc it has sulfates. look for something without sulfates and you'll live a much happier life.

Any brands you would recommend?

If I remember correctly, neither that nor the conditioner has sulfates listed as an ingredient as I own both. If this thread is still alive by this Saturday, I can check when I'm back in town.

Generally speaking, shampoo strips away a lot of the natural oils in your hair so it tries to compensate it thus resulting in more oily hair the following day. I used to poo and condition daily when I use product in my hair at my last job. My current job is very lax so I only poo and condition once a month when I get my hair cut.

I shower twice daily and rinse my hair thoroughly with just water and towel dry as best I could.

Spoiler: My daily commute to work is only a mile bike ride and the job isn't labor-intensive. Also, my body produces a lot of oil.

i have dry dead hair. Anything i can do to make my hair to not look dry and have more volume like this guy?

Coconut or argan oil, plus I doubt his hair is naturally like that probably using a styling cream

Semen.

I use a tea tree oil shampoo but have sensitive skin and get dandruff from my scalp being dry. What type of shampoo would work better. I do use a tea tree oil conditioner as well to try and hydrate.

recently got this

anyone have experience using this bar shampoo?
any tips how to properly use it?

I lost part of my eyebrow, now the hairs have grown back but they don't have any color so they're barely visible. What can I do to grow back dark hair?

Shave them off and draw them in. Become a chola

I'm a man though, would I become a cholo?

it does have sulfates faggot

Looks interesting.. lemme know how its working if the thread is still up after you use it

Head and shoulders gets rid of most of my dandruff. Then i just use a conditioner, or use tea tree shampoo afterwards.

I've been dealing with acne scars for so fucking long. Like 4-ish years.

How do I make them go away?

chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid, lactic acid, or Retin A. you absolutely must use sunscreen daily if you do any of these. it is not optional.

Is it fine if my mosturizer has UV block rather than using sunscreen?

hey, anthony.

Is Aesop worthy of the hype?

SOAT

smells so fucking dank. Everytime I hug someone they comment on how good it smells.
prove me wrong

So I've got an issue. My hair is really fine, and may be thinning (hard to tell sometimes because of how fine my hair is). I usually part on the left and brush the rest to the right and brush right after showering, but it doesn't stay in place too great as the day goes on. What could I use to keep it in place without making it appear like it's thinning (as much)?

TL;DR, need a product that keeps fine hair in place without making it look like it's thinning.

Follow-up from my post last year.

I discovered how to make my face cool and minty just as I have desired. You were wrong, and I was right. There IS a way to make my face cool and minty. To reciprocate your your feeble attempts to assist my plight, I will grant you the knowledge I acquired, if you are so volitient to follow it.

Every morning, I take a small measuring bowl. I add two drops of 100% peppermint oil and a glob of coconut facial lotion. It is vital to the ritual that you use lotion instead of water, as peppermint oil is fat-soluble and not water-soluble. After thorough mixing, I apply the mixture to my face and rub it in liberally. When my skin begins to burn, I rinse it off with water.

After the oil has been rinsed off, the skin will continue to burn until the burn eventually transitions to a tingle. The face then tingles and glows with cool mintiness for hours.

seek help

i have a hard time gauging their value in a discrete manner. do you feel they really are worthwhile?

Are pore strips a meme? Do they actually work?
Also are dermatologists a meme? Or are they just going to try and sell me DNA altering antibiotics that will make me kill myself?

but i'm a very oily person and it can get pretty gross when i don't shampoo for 3 days. smelly too

Most moisturizers with SPF aren't strong enough on their own.

A lot of people who are heavy into skincare will order sunscreens from Japan or Korea, because those are very lightweight on the skin compared to American sunscreen.

Pore strips are a meme. They "work" (pull shit out from your pores) but damage your skin.

Dermatologists are not a meme. They know you'll be able to see how good their prescription/advice is by looking in the mirror, so they have incentives to give you legit prescriptions and advice. They'll only recommend accutane if you look like a literal plague victim already.

KIEHLS KIEHLS KIEHLS

Something that I rarely see mentioned in these threads and that's that in skincare - and hygiene generally - sometimes less is a lot more, some people will have an entire multi-layered routine set up where the whole point of it is to compensate for its own faults (i.e. you over cleanse your skin -> it doesn't manage to heal in time by the time you cleanse again -> it gets too dry -> you use more products to compensate -> which clog up your skin/fucks with its pH -> you get oily patches -> you need all sorts of spot treatments -> so you cleanse more thinking it's going to help -> rinse & repeat) which means you end up using a fuckton of products so that your skin can artificially go through the processes it would've gotten right itself if you didn't overly mess with it.

I think this is especially true for a lot of the people here who always manage to get okayish skin but are never able to truly reach that nice, smooth clean glowing skin - like I couldn't.

Same holds true for the rest of the body, I started scrubbing a lot more lightly and not over indulging myself in the shower + using a body moisturizer every other day or so and I'm finally not getting any spots on my shoulder's/chest.

If this sounds like it might be what you're going through I think you should try it, it was a bit counter-intuitive for me at first but like I said, sometimes less is a lot more.

So the tap water I bath with drys the hell out of my skin and hair from the minerals in it,what kind of shampoo+conditioner should I look for so my hair doesn't form knots and my skin isn't dry causing my glad to over produce oil making have oily hair? It hurts to comb and I lose hair as I brush from using the wrong shampoo:(

moisturizing? hydrating?something?

Best product I've ever used. It gives shine and volume but even if you use way too much it doesn't glue the strains of hair together or make them look oily.

What shampoo would you recommend to someone with oily as fuck hair?
I have tried all the basic ones but none work.they make it worse.

Not a perfect solution but you can use a hair powder like in the pic. I know it's for styling but for me as a side effect after about 2 weeks my hair was really dry and I always had a problem oily hair. It's not really pleasnt to touch either so I gues using it before going to sleep every couple of days would be optimal.

i have been stressed because of my SAT's and generally eating shit. my face is blooming in acne soon, pls help. what products do u guys use to get the perfect Bateman skin?

that shit. SMELLS SO FUCKING BAD

Since I moved to this police state first world country my face got lots of red pimples.

I think it's because of the milk, in my third world country I drank milk in an almost GOMAD basis and nothing happened but now I drink milk and the next day my face looks like a pizza. I even have a HUGE pimple on my cheek and I look like a fat guy now.

Regrettably I'm getting Veeky Forums so I need proteins, would quark and yogurt would worse my acne just like milk does?

Pls respond. I don't know how would I get those protons without dairy. I eat only ultra low fat dairy btw.

just use protein powder

I've started working at a shaving shop recently and swapped to using a straight razor and soap/brush over using the disposable cartridges.

Highly recommend it for anyone that need to shave regularly - easier on your skin than the regular razors or an electric shaver , because you're just using a single sharp blade versus multiple that go blunt quickly. Much cheaper too , you just have to nail the technique.

*safety razor not straight

Fug. Which one would you recommend me?
Obviously non-diary.

doesn't matter, don't fall for the marketing meme. protein is protein

wtf man

I just said dairy fucks my face.

Sorry, when you asked which one i thought you meant for "muh gainz".
Google says to go for protein isolate powder instead of regular whey powder for acne problems

well this is was waste of time

what kind of shaving stuff do you use?

What's the best razor for shaving legs? I just use shitty disposable ones. All the shaving nerds with their safety razors and badger brushes only know about face shaving, and I don't think that applies to the rest of the body

Proraso, green line. Smells pleasant and not overpowering at all. The menthol is especially great for the warmer months.

I think a longer handle is preferable for shaving your legs, but it's not fundamentally different from face shaving. I use a SR for my balls without any nicks or irritation.

i've switched to safety and fucked my face for like 1.5 months, but it is much better now. How many times do you go on a shave?

$140 for a bottle of shampoo.........

I only have to shave like every three weeks since I just started puberty (disorder not underage), I just use a disposable razor and some barbasol green. Both from Dollar tree. I want to get into wet shaving when I need to shave more often.

shampoo or conditioner for oily straight hair that wont dry out your skin?

skincare godmode is asian skincare. South-Korean and Japanese skincare products.

Get perfect face whip. Best cleanser. Couple with this japanese olive oil based cleanser, can't remember name. Google it. Both use atleast once a day - morning and/or evening before bedtime. Finish with exfoliant, BHA, AHA, without alcohol - i like paula's choice. Use korean stuff for afterwards. vitamin c serum c20, all in one snail repair cream, starfish cream. use japanese sunscreen - google best japanese sunscreen, there's one that won asian cosmetics awards or something - get that one.

also get some supplemenets good for skin. DE diatomacious earth, is really good and cheap supplement that does wonders for hair, nails and skin, as well as internal cleansing of the colon. take a teaspoon - 2 tablespoons a day. keep going even if you get detoxification symptoms, means it's working.

i buy top selling shampoo/balsam on iherb.com. it contains none of that bullshit that is bad for hair and scalp.

and stay the fuck hydrated guise.