What is Urban Techwear

>What is Urban Techwear
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality using textiles and construction techniques to protect the user from their environment.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
New Update! Please help expand this guide by participating:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Discord
discord.gg/YgYhwhK

Let's discuss some Techwear, post inspo, and have a civil time. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poKi7YyuamI
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
youtube.com/watch?v=GPDxsehiYeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So is summer techwear a drapey top, track pants, and running shoes or what

Now is the time to decide

Summer tech can be a little difficult because you're trying to incorporate technical fabrics in a hot climate.

It's definitely a bit of a blind spot for the style. I suppose in rain jackets can still work or windbreakers in windy areas.

But I'd love to hear more discussion on how people can approach the style when they are trying to keep the amount of clothing they're wearing minimal.

Don't wrap your head around it too much, it's really simple, think functional and practical. Take any fit, any form of inspiration and tie it together with some functionality.

Some great materials for tops the summer is linen, merino, and something I've been looking into lately, hemp. Which also make great pants.

Bottoms, it can be anything, shorts or tradional as long as its practical. Polyester and cotton Twill are my favorite or you can find some patented technologies such as Uniqlo's Dry-Ex or Coolmax.

Go crazy, get creative.

Also want to add, not everything has to be functional, but a majority needs to in order to be called techwear. Don't be afraid to wear your favorite T-shirt or canvas shoes or buy something new with no inherent functions. Mix and match.

Yeah I tend to agree that not every piece in an outfit has to stand alone as Techwear. Obviously you don't want to throw in just anything that breaks the aesthetic but it's not like every item has to be a crazy technical fabric.

Techwear is autistic

I'm trying to stop buying conventional clothing and start moving into this, I'll probably buy a cardigan then stop. The first thing I want to do is DIY some cargo pants. I had pic related in mind as my first 'goal outfit', could I have some feedback on it please? I get that it's not particularly functional. Sweater is to be worn under the shirt.

I don't understand why you think is techwear about this. CE is just streetwear and the hat is streetwear too. The shoes and pants don't have enough of a presence to make this techwear either. sorry dude don't rate.

Not him but CE is great idgaf I still want that icon pullover and I'll use it in tech fits all I want

You can break rules sometimes fag

As you're moving into techwear I generally recommend starting small and simple. Begin replacing your wardrobe where you can with some functionality, then build big. Just a suggestion, not going to tell you how to spend your money.

Hope over to the discord, we have a DIY crowd if you have any questions about making your cargo pants.

I like fit, not sure what the item between the hat and jacket is however. The sneakers, I'm no personally a fan of the soles.
You say this as if the brand defines what is and isn't techwear. It's about construction, and C.E shells tend to be made of nylon or polyester or a blend giving them characteristics you can find in shells such as Nike's ACG.

Agreed. Just look up Andy Warlord to find out how autistic it really is

Just get some black cargo shorts. I mean techwear is about functionality right?

If these the cargo pants you bought, I think it's hideous, especially from behind.

Lolno. I didn't. Cargo shorts are fucking hideous. I was just giving a suggestion to this ugly style.

this isn't like...funny, or anything

All white for less heat because light goes to black.

i rule this as being intentional. it's a pretty cool look

arc'tyrex is cool. Anyone have experience with specific pieces you'd recommend?

the laughing man arc was so cool

I would love to open that gravity pocket.

It will have to be the Arc' Veilance Monitor coat

Are Outlier dungarees the only denim alternative that uses tech fabrics?

I like having pants that feel kind of stiff/rugged and can stand being beat up

There's plenty, some of my favorites clothes comes from Engineered Garments where I discovered Cotton twill as great material for pants. I think something along those lines is what you can look for. You can also try for Nylon

>Gore-tex Lolitas
Yes, please.

anyone know what these shoes are called?

Wish I was a cute girl and it was 2100 already.

completely agree. i liked the virtual chat room episode. it was all so much more interesting than kuze and the individual eleven. and fuck goda, he's just like an evil aramaki. he's not at all unique

youtube.com/watch?v=poKi7YyuamI

ID on pants too

acrnm p-10

That's someones sister, you pervert

that's someone's daughter, you pervert

they're unlaced nike free flyknit 4.0

Got this adidas hardshell for sale
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65

This comes up so much. What are those shoes, does anyone know?

I feel like these are super slept on techwear shoes, i got a pair a little while back and they have such a great bulky silhouette that really fits the techwear kinda vibe. and the HYKE ones are even cooler but sold out

I like them, pretty good combination of retro runner with the contemporary adidas knit sock models and the hiking type sole is a nice touch.
Feels like hiking inspired stuff is more and more common

I really like the White Mountaineering ones.

w2c jacket and pants? is that the new acg hat?

I like the adidas response trail x ronnie fieg way better, a lot more approachable

Urban tech is so cool dude this is my urban tech wear outfit

Wew, they look dope, can someone recommend similar slim pants for a poorfag?

thanks, but i cant seem to find this particular version with the "teeth" anywhere

they are gen 3 flyknit free runs

:3 she is my desktopwallpaper.
i wonder if i helped pass it around by posting twitter links on /g/

Michelangelo, is that you?

Bump from another poorfag

Yes.

Nike Tech Woven/Nike Tech The One Pant
Also just plain Adidas trackies in black/black can work.
You could also get cheap cargos from China that copy the style of some designer

Since it gets stupid hot in summer could something like this work?

I so regret sleeping on these when they went on sale

makes you look like you're in a boyband from 2050 but I like it

But,where's the function? Anything about the construction of the shirt, or pants that brings tech to the table?

Yeah there's not really anything it's just that it seems to me like techwear in the summer (if you don't want to die of heat) ends up looking like marathon attire

It doesn't have to be, refer to this post: I used to think that summer is hard, but really with any understanding of how clothes are made, and the characteristics and choices in materials it makes buying techwear easier. You can be easy and breezy. Just think of silhouette and fill in it in with functionality. If I'm not busy, I could help.

Nah you shouldn't. Both the tee and the jeans are pretty bad looking

Should I go with Nike ACG or Acronym for a first hard shell

It goes solely on what you're looking for and budget. Acronym and ACG are great brands, but I feel I'll need to know what specific shells you have in mind in order to compare.

>first hard shell
I give this advice to everyone trying to be a arsenal and that is to start small. ACR and ACG are big brands, incredibly costly and for this being your first I would steer away. You don't know what you like yet, don't know how it looks on you, or understand process behind functional clothing.

So I'll recommend something from Uniqlo, 0608 for a bit more form,and Ministry of Supply. Or if you really want the recognition of an amazing brand go with names that sell very minimalistic, clean shells such as Arc'teryx, Outlier, and Mission Workshop.

Nah that's a waste of money
I say just buy ACRNM if you can afford it and like it.

Mesh shorts and a tank top 2bh

sounds about right

Nike acg woven or cargo
For something in between the two price points check out Guerilla Group
I just found a pair of black Nike acg pants and shorts for $80 each on amazon marketplace
Their retailers have them in deadstock so keep your eyes open
Algo just got this poncho for urbex and just cool-ish days in the city. Thoughts?

If you can afford it, acronym. If not but you can afford acg, acg.

Anyone here incorporate military stuff into their tech fits?

I've been wearing this ripstop jacket from Ark Air non-stop the last few months. Wind and waterproof and looks fairly techy in the right fit too.

Think my next purchase will be a pair of black cargos from their sister-brand Arktis. They have this wicked adjustable waist system. youtube.com/watch?v=GPDxsehiYeA

Other user is wrong, they are Nike 3.0 Free's unlaced. In other photos he is wearing Nike Hyperfeels Zebra.

Pants are p10-s

t. I have all 3

>p10-s
>$840 USD
what the fuck

I got mine for 400, they're a bit outrageous now days. Acronym markets themselves as a "high fashion" company, even though they're not. They're nice pants, but they do small runs and use trademarked fabrics, so costs will be high. You can find the P-10S second hand for 6-700.

This looks great. Go for it.

Looking at the J32-GT or J1A-GT in terms of Acronym, or pic related for ACG. I'm attracted to the ACG one because its white unlike most other techwear items, but is a bit more conservative in terms of pockets etc compared to the Acronym ones.

Just be careful trying to by that ACG 2-in-1. There's a lot of fakes floating around right now (especially on eBay). Make sure that they send you pics of the inner zips and have them do a video of water being run over the fabric, if it looks like the water isn't repelling it's a fake.

Are Suicokes the only tech summer sandal? I feel like nothing else even looks good.

Pretty sure there's instapump sandals

Usually just base/midlayers
Gridfleece literally saved me during the winter

Have these in methylene blue. Love them

Instapump sandals like the other dude said, Qasa sandals
But like preferably Suicokes, they're a lot nicer.

I'm a fan of ACG over ACRNM, but the first hard shell should always be black. It's safe and versatile when you want to look good during the worst of weather conditions. If you do want to by this ACG jacket, I would also recommend dipping your toe in a black on too, Uniqlo's Blocktech has a similar cut to ACGs or if you have the money, by another jacket from ACG that's black.

Xeoniq and his sister are effay as fuck. His style is awesome, he nails the late 90s/early 2000s cyberpunk anime hitman look.

has anyone had personal experience with Uniqlo Airism? can the shirts be worn as a regular top (not an undershirt) or is that uncouth? need something to wear outside on hot days

yeah, man. I have a solid white one i use as a top a lot. definitely fine.

It fits tightly to your chest, but easily stretchable I mostly use these as my T-shirts.

good instapumps
I like drab but the aesthetic is overly sk8

Y-3 sock runners

>I want to ask Xeoniq for her hand in marriage

Thx for the reply I guess l. But that's not even remotely close

Just copped this, any ideas for good shorts/shoes for summer?

I suggest reading Telegram
the Free 3.0s are pretty good though.

Did you little fuckboys cop these or nah?

I feel like these would look so much better with a different sole

yes but they don't get here until monday.

Are you that guy from the discord who always posts Yotsuba? I haven't checked the channel in forever.

This is dope. You could probably make a great summer fit with this with just some basic black shorts and Suicokes.

lmao those look like white birks and black socks you dodged a bullet

I like it

Those look like something lesbians will wear in the future while they are oppressing cis white males

Looks like goofy teeth

Who wants to know?