decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

I like the freshness and citrus of CK One, it'll be good for summer. Though the artificial aspect to it is the only thing stopping me getting a bottle...

Right now it smells like a toned down 212, with no violet

How is it?

Wearing Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil - I smell like a fucking salad and I love it.

Got the Dior Homme today love it but I want to try a spring/summer one. Should I try another one in the Dior Homme collection or Chanel?

If you like smelling like a salad, try Irish Tweed :^)

It's nice while the top notes last, I hate it once the vetiver takes over.

Dior Homme Eau - still has the classic Dior Homme iris note but has added(not much, but there) citrus

If you want the iris note to be in the background with really bright citrus up front, try Dior Homme Sport 2012.

Cheers senpai, I'll give em a try

Love GIT, arguably one of the greatest masculine fragrances ever.

I don't really get vetiver on the dry-down, more so a bunch of florals.

I visited the Scent Bar when I was in LA some time ago. They had so many different fragrances that I had never heard of, and so many of them were absolutely lovely. Can highly recommend it.

Where is the safest place to buy fragrances? Is it normally in stores or from places like Amazon?

FragranceNet and Notino are both great places to pick up fragrances on the cheap. There are also a couple of Facebook groups you can try out if you want to swap or buy.

I can vouch for FragranceNet so far and decantshop for samples.

>in stores

Rip off.

Also, stay away from theperfumedcourt. They take forever just to ship. Even if you're in the mainland US.

Amazon is loaded with fakes and dilutions.

Recently bought club de nuit intense men, since it's a creed aventus clone and I've heard so much about the hype.

Do you guys think it smells similar? Because I have never smelled Aventus before tbqh

what's your favourite imaginary authors scent? I was going to order a sample pack but I can't settle on which ones to include

Yes they have identical dry downs

It's pretty similar but Aventus opens with a much smoother and pleasant fruity pineapple. The drydowns are very close though.

Just bought this

Really depends on your tastes, they're all pretty good. Definitely sample before you buy since done are off putting. Personally, I really enjoy The Cobra and The Canary and The Soft Lawn.

How is it? I'm kinda intrigued by the cranberry note.

Smells pretty nice, can't describe it though.
Intense and sweet I guess.

Currently switching between Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (basic, I know, but it's a solid staple) and Penhaligon's Halfeti, which is beautiful.

I'm looking for a nice fresh fragrance to match the coming summer season, but also because me and my girlfriend are starting a collection, she currently wears Penhaligon's Equinox Bloom.

I splashed out and got the 250ml Tobacco Vanille, but I've found it smells different to the 100ml, has anyone else found this?

some specificity would probably get you more helpful answers. are you looking for something citrusy, aquatic, fruity...? Any fresh scents you particularly liked in the past?

as for Tobacco Vanille, where did you get it? I'm fairly certain I'm sitting on a fake tuscan leather myself, so you might have had similarly bad luck. might just be batch inconsistencies, of course, but I haven't heard that a lot about tom ford

What notes are looking for? An aquatic/ marine type or a citrusy woods type?

As for the TV, not sure. Maybe a reformulation?

Oh sorry, I wasn't actually looking for recommendations, however I guess now that we're here something that's floral, not citrus as my gf finds them overwhelming (however if you have good citrus recommendations let me know as I may get them in the future).

As for the TV, I got it from the same place as I got the 100ml, which was House of Fraser (about 1-2 years apart though). It's likely a batch inconsistency like you suggested, however it is my first 250ml so maybe I'm not transferring it right?

How do you guys decant fragrances?

If that isn't the issue then I must say don't get the 250ml from HOF as it is disappointing in comparison to the 100ml.

Have you tried Reflection Man by Amouage? Very floral and powdery.

I have personally never tried it, but Creed is so overrated imo. Don't get the hype around Aventus or most Creed fragrances. IGT and Royal Oud are based, but the rest are just overhyped/price desu.

I have! I actually had a 12 vial sample set of different Amouage fragrances, they were beautiful. There was a darker one that I loved, I think it had absinthe in it?

Probably Memoir due to its wormwood note.

You could also try Amouage Bracken. It's kind of a twist on like a spiced fougere. Very green and earthy, a little woody, has a very nice lavender note, a little citrus at the top but it doesn't smell "citrusy" overall, it just adds a little freshness to the opening.

Amouage Jubilation if you like fruity-spicy-incense. Beautiful scent.

Anyone know if those sprayers screw off?

Talk me out of buying pic related.

It's 100% worth it

>Amazon is loaded with fakes and dilutions.
[citation needed]

>How do you guys decant fragrances?
Pipettes

It's overrated and there are numerous clones that smell 90% the same that can be had for a fraction of the price. If you're gonna go Creed, at least get MI or Royal Water or one of their other actually great fragrances.

Anyone here have Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme? How is the performance?

I wouldn't trust Amazon, user. I bought a Versace cologne there twice, and one Burberry cologne, and only the Burberry cologne was real.

Fragancenet and Notino are legit though I would be way of fragrancenet seeing how they sometimes get bad reviews. I would trust Notino in your shoes.

It was Memoir, thanks for reminding me. Brackets wasn't in the samples I received, but it sounds nice.

I forgot about Jubilation, it wasn't in my samples but I really wanted to try it, doesn't it have blackberry in it?

Jubilation has everything in it.

I bizzarely couldn't find any of these in my hometown, guess I'll get some online. Do you reuse them or is it best to chuck them afterwards and use fresh ones?

I got a decanting set with an atomizer I purchased online from The Essential Atomizer Company, it's shit, do not purchase from them.

My atomizer also broke and leaked, and all the black started to peel away from the glass. Super pissed off.

Absolute kek

Everything?

I keep one in the medicine cabinet leaning next to the splash bottle of Egoiste to feed the atomizer I use to spray it, but keeping track of multiple pipettes to bottles is a bigger pain in the ass than the guilt I'd feel for using most one time then recycling. Besides, they're 5ยข apiece.

The reviews on pretty much anything.

Thanks for answering guys!

Yeah you're right. I had high expectations for when my CDNI bottle arrived. But when I smelled it, I didn't get the hype either. My parents liked the scent, they gave it 8/10. But one of my female friends gave it (only) 7/10.
Really overhyped indeed.

I have a 1ml sample and the performance is great, unfortunately for me it's just a bit to heavy. Would anyone know what is the main note in this frag? If this helps I think it's the same as 212 drydown and that's what I'm looking for but in slightly lighter version for spring/summer.

Performs amazing, so don't overspray. It doesn't last long though (3 hours). Did one spray on the back of my neck once, and someone could smell it from 5 meters away.

Tonka bean and mint

It does have blackberry. It's not massively prevalent, but it's there. As the other guy said, Jubilation has a ton of notes. It basically smells rich. It smells like if you went to a Sultan's palace, that's what his throne room would smell like. Probably my favorite Amouage fragrance.

What's the best website to buy samples if you live in Western Europe?

ebay

that's as good as it gets if you want from your fragrances to both be artsy and get compliments, otherwise you gotta chose one of the two

serious question Veeky Forums - regardless of your personal preferences, price, climate and weather, what is the most luxurious fragrance, scent or even single note you've felt in your life, not necessary on yourself, perhaps in your company or surrounding someone, something smelled like a brick of gold?

looking for some inspo - personally can't place anything that stood out looking back - wealthy people i've been around either didn't smell at all or it was really overpowering rather classical french fragrance worn by some aspiring sad people but nothing that would make me wanna smell like them.

Looking at that pic, gold is not the first odor that comes to mind.

Amouage Jubilation.

Roja Enigma smells quite rich as well (as well it should at Roja prices), but it's less ostentatious. Jubilation smells like a man in golden clothes standing in a golden room in his golden palace.

Performance is average. I wouldn't use it for summer though, it's too thick. Seems more like a fall/winter fragrance.

>Would anyone know what is the main note in this frag?
Tonka bean. It's a tonka bomb. Try the regular Allure Homme.

I present to you the latest aventus clone

Any recommendations for a warm weather frag? I'll be working in a hot, stuffy laboratory in a hot part of southern California this summer and I need something that can keep up with my sweat but still smell pleasant. No note preference at all.

Been looking at L'Occitane Cedrat, would this be a good fit for pure performance?

Mother of god!

Anyone have any experience with Gallagher Fragrances? I'm thinking of buying a discovery set from them.

issey miyake l'eau d'issey pour homme is always a good fresh, aqua scent. If you wanna extend the budget more, Bond No 9, Shelter Island is also good.

Have never tried the Cedrat, sorry.

>issey miyake l'eau d'issey
in my case it doesnt last very long, maybe 8 hours

Which one dudes? I've only tried regular ole homme EDT, which I liked.

8 hours is pretty long, no?

Thoughts on Lalique frags?

Do they have the best value and performance in regards to $/ml?

I know Encre Noire (original) performs great for at least 12 hours.

>8 hours is pretty long, no?

I'd like a cologne that projects Machiavellian-esque power and domination, and inspires not just fear but hopelessness in the hearts of my business opponents.

Thoughts?

Parfum is good but not too wearable casually. It's gotta be pretty cold for it to come off well.

Intense I think has a bit more versatility. I wear it to work and out at the pub with a nice shirt and boots. It's a line that's a bit more formal than most, in my opinion, so dress it up and you'll get compliments left right and centre if that's your thing.

17 sprays of Kouros

>8 hours is pretty long, no?
sorry i should have added that I spray it rather excessively. 4-5 spray to achieve that hours level

Is it actually as bad as everyone says?

Acqua di Parma

Choose any. But just know that the more citrusy you get, the less longevity.

Flanker or not.

It is a divisive frag, but I think it's glorious, especially in the heat.

The first time you wear it you'll wonder why you fell for a meme. The second time, you'll tell yourself you'll never wear it again. The third time you'll swear you're done with it, but later that day realize you sort of liked it. A few days later you'll reach for it and find it comforting. Now you're a Kouros guy.

Cheers. I've tried L'eau D'Issey and was reminded too much of a tile cleaner I've used. However, I will give the Sport version a try.

Thoughts? I know ck is a meme, but I actually enjoyed this quite a bit

even amazon fulfillment purchases the bottles from who the fuck knows where. people think they're getting a 100% legit product because it's fulfilled and shipped by amazon. read pretty much any review for any fragrance on there, it's a crapshoot

> It smells like if you went to a sultans palace

I want it.

I want just one or two bottles to last me all autumn/winter. My budget can allow a bottle of something like Wonderwood, of which I like a ton. However, would it be best to get two or three slightly less expensive bottles?

OK, so the "citation" is nothing reliable, and just random people writing random reviews on amazon, who may or may not know wtf they're talking about and cry "fake!" at a reform? I'll continue to shop there, but thanks...

Just depends on whether or not you want to be able to switch it up. And whether you have other frags already. If you really like Wonderwood, I'd wait until I see a good price on it and get that instead of multiple bottles that you like less.

Is there anything comparable at 25-50% the price?

I mean, it's a thing with other products sold on amazon. And dupes of popular/expensive fragrances do exist. It's reasonable to expect some to show up on amazon.

opinions on fragrantica vs basenotes? it seems like fragrantica is more up to date, alive, useful... but seems to be out of favor here. basenotes seems to have a more tight knit community and a better system for organizing/rating your fragrances, but the place just feels kinda dead to me.

Ye fragrantica has the users. Basenotes has the more modern site.
But in the end
More opinions = better

Any jasmine lovers want to list their top jasmine fragrances (soliflore or otherwise)?

fragrantica's layout is complete garbage and there are more users on fragrantica but also more plebs and 1 word reviews

basenote is more suitable for actual hobbyists IMO

serious question
do you guys wear deodorant? neutral smell or something?

mother of pearl

it's not like everyone rate aventus 10/10 either

I use Mitchum Advanced Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant - Unscented. Keeps me dry all day and doesn't clash with whatever fragrance I'm wearing.

Just got a decant of Interlude Man - I have no idea why but the first thing it reminded me of was hot dogs. Not really digging it, and I'll never get a practical use of it since it's a winter scent and I live in the land of eternal fire(Florida)

What would you suggest for an unscented body wash?

Dove's Men+ unscented is pretty good, I use that if it's on sale, otherwise I just roll with Target brand.

Cheers, lad

You can send it to me if you like...

Show me the $, Jerry.

Dior Eau Sauvage and Armani Eau Pour Homme.

According to most reviews, the longevity of both is equally shit.

I think that's just the nature of citrus frags.