Going back to basics

Do you ever feel like fashion is beginning to get a bit pointless?

I didn't like a single thing from this year so far apart from maybe a sweater or two, I'm tempted to just buy white, black and grey sweaters, shirts and t shirts and wear them with similar coloured trousers and CP/derbies forever since it's so convenient, versatile and never looks objectively terrible.

your tastes have just changed.

Tastes have changed in regard to fashion as a whole or in regard to not being able to find a style in fashion specifically?

Old clothes still exist you know..
A month ago I bought a sick leather jacket from a church fair for the equivalent of 3 US dollars.
It's not necessary to ONLY combine this season's clothes with eachother in some kind of incestuous relationship.

I understand that, but I still very rarely find something I like, and if I do it's usually some simple thing with variations of black or grey - the JW Anderson gradient jacket for example.

I haven't seen anything with an actual unique design that I look at and think 'wow I really want that' is a long time.

i think you're just getting older my guy

Is being stylish kid shit then?

you seem to think that stylish = hype beast

not at all, hype is irrelevant

I'm losing interest in wearing clothes any further than a base level of social appropriateness and a limited sense of aethetics

>fashion is beginning to get a bit pointless
I feel the same. It's a bit fun, but that's it.
There's so much out there that's wayyy more fun than dressing up in cool clothes.

If you have trouble finding stuff in the shops, why don't you make your own clothes?

The only clothes I really want are basics in shades of grey.

i dunno. wear lemaire.

Late 90s-early 00s borecore is going to comeback

look through grailed, there are some sick pieces

its really easy to get bored of generic jcrew/uniqlo/gap that makes of 99% of everyones wardrobe, you need some really unique pieces to define your stlye

this is me but i pretend i still like fashion by wearing MHL, lemaire, margiela, OL

>unique pieces
everyone is aiming for this. Some pull off unique looks better than others. Some look goofy as fuck. Just make sure you wear something that you're comfortable and says something about yourself.

Everyone is trying to be unique, but just like with cars who want to be "unique" you can look ricer af and stupid

it's fine to have a hobby that you later lose interest in, i wouldn't stress about it.

there comes a point where buying clothes to be unique and standout becomes nil

i still like fashion and have all my interesting clothes but I'm starting to prefer being plain but dressed nice again. its probably an extension of your mood and desires

no but as u get older its gonna get less outlandish, ur gonna settle into one aesthetic and lose interest in staying current

Sounds like you just kinda have shit taste in clothing now. Fashion uniform is simple and easy and, like you said, will always look pretty good.

Sorry you lost interest in it, senpai.

Why pretend to have a hobby you don't actually enjoy? Just wear your H&M basics and leave Veeky Forums forever.