So I have a massive interview today. I feel like this fit is obviously good enough for an interview as a VR programmer...

So I have a massive interview today. I feel like this fit is obviously good enough for an interview as a VR programmer, but god damn theres something about this picture that has me second guessing myself.

Is it just my smug face or my hair or is it the clothes? I'm nervous as shit about nailing this interview so be brutal Veeky Forums - constructively brutal if possible though.

Good luck user.

Thank you friend! But do you see what I'm seeing or am I just letting my nerves get to me?

chads reee

I'm a programmer my dude. I've never heard of a chad that spends his free time teaching himself new coding languages.

But maybe I'm so chad that I'm blind to all the oppressive chadness that permeates the tech industry.

Is a programer jobs.Your fit is alright, not too dressy and not too casual.

Yeah that's what I keep trying to remind myself. But I guess i can't shake this feeling that I look like a serial killer - I'm just missing the big wireframe glasses to complete the look.

Personally, suit pants and a white dress shirt are good for interviews, not sure about this fit, kinda prep.

But it's VR so it's a joke, gl hf.

Post a full body pic with shoes if you want better advice - all I really have to work with is the shirt.

1) The shirt fits well but could be tailored a little around the waist, you have a pretty good build but could accentuate it better.

2) If you're going for this kind of a look you should really be wearing a watch.

3) Like you mentioned, it's a coding interview, so probably doesn't really matter - I code at the tech centre for a bank and this would be too casual at my workplace.

4) I don't like the checkered shirt, but that's personal preference so take with a grain of salt.

Good luck on your interview!

Yeah I tried to get a full body picture but alas, my apartment only has that one mirror.

Got a watch on so thats good.

I had suit pants and a nicer shirt on earlier but a very inconvenient accident earlier in the morning ruined them. You've definitely got me nervous that this won't be nice enough now, as that was something I was worried about. I'm not a wealthy man at the moment, so hopefully theyll take my age and circumstance into account.

Thanks for the good luck though friend!

Entertainment VR is definitely teetering on being a joke right now, but this project I'm applying for is about designing a platform for educating/testing high risk professions like surgery and engineering.

Sounds pretty conceptual in it's current stage but I can see a lot of potential good in it.

You incorrectly used the word massive blud

Maybe but what's a blud, pal?

you look real fuckin nice, probably only seein things cause its yourself. I think for VR you should be okay, but im a minimum wage slave so what do i know

Change your hairstyle my dude/

you look slightly douchey but not bad, i think it's mostly the hair

It went well. They said I was "too spock-like" but I'm programmer so what're you gonna do. They commented that I dressed well so I guess that answers the OP. Thank you everyone who gave me feedback too, I let my hair relax a bit and went with a less serial-killer look. Probably good since they still thought I was "too cool-headed."

Glad to hear it man! This is the most positive thread I've ever seen on this board

>"too Spock like"

WTF that's a little rude don't you think?

Looking good goose

I feel that the shirt is a bit off. Looks loose around the torso, so that could mean an unkempt look.

Also, don't smile like that.

I've had great luck when it comes to threads I start on Veeky Forums so far - never too many trolls or people just trying to have a bad time/ stir up shit.

Thanks friend!

Maybe. I've gotten it my whole life though. If only I had a penny for everytime I've heard "you need to relax buddy, you're too serious."

polo shirts look obnoxious to me, but idk. if i were you i'd wear a subtly striped dress shirt.

Personally I'd go black pants but what you got on is A-OK. How'd it go user?

You look a bit of a posh cunt if I'm brutally honest...

Not necessarily a bad thing, just don't talk about going on trips on daddies private yacht

Lol I'd love to own a yacht. Especially since I've eaten ramen noodles and pb&js for the majority of my meals for the last 6 years.

It went well I think. They said I came across as too serious but that's not a deal breaker considering I work with numbers and computers all day.