Watch Thread General

Eternal Seiko SNK809 edition

Other urls found in this thread:

citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AO9003-08E&mobile_switch=desktop
global.timex.com/node/102031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

casio meme squad reporting in and shit

I want to buy a black leather strap for my Timex Weekender. Do I buy a NATO strap or a regular
two piece bracelet?

pic related

also
gold looks cool. Is the led always shitty on these watches or did I happen to get a really shitty one? I can barely see a thing in the dark with this

>Is the led always shitty on these watches or did I happen to get a really shitty one?

what model do you own? do you really think it's shitty? because in my W59 (the watch on the right) the light totally suffices in the dark. I can read the time just fine. it really depends on the light circumstances around you though. in complete dark there is no problem reading it. if you think you need better light, you gotta buy the A168 because it has EL backlighting or the B640 because that one has dual LEDs and lights up the whole display..

I wish this was quartz and not automatic

same here.

I was talking about the f-91w

the led only iluminates near the source so I can only (and barely) see the hours

lol

interesting. well, in mine it's also only one LED but it shines all the way through. I can even read the seconds. maybe the f91w is literally the oldest model available right now. who knows.

i took the cheap route

baka

Opinions?

SNKs look like dogshit on the stock straps, but to be fair, anything would. Toss 'em on leather and man, those motherfuckers pop. ESPECIALLY considering they're fifty bucks.

Does anybody know where I can find an SNKL23? Seems like they've been discontinued.

I copped a Seiko SKX007 on Massdrop recently. First mechanical / not-totally-pleb watch. I plan to put it on a super oyster bracelet (pictured). Thoughts on this?

I'll also probably get a perlon (thinking light gray) and a couple of natos.

How legit is Jomashop? Bought a Hamilton King Khaki, and things just seem off. I need to get it sized, so it obviously doesn't sit on my wrist well yet, but I can't seem to get the thing started. In one video I watched, it seemed to be manual as well as automatic, but I can't get that going either. Lastly, and most concerning, there seems to be a jewel stuck to the case back. When the weight swings down, I can still see it through the glass. Did I get scammed, or am I just missing some details because I'm slightly drunk?

Cop or not?

Kinda cool actually. What brand/model is it?

I love my SARB017 bracelet. Makes the watch heavy, but with the heat turning up it's a lot more comfortable. Definitely worth getting one.

It's a Russian Poljot Kirova with 3133 chronograph movement. It's a Russian homage to the WW2 German Tutima/Glashütte/Hanhart chronographs. Well not sure if homage is the best word since the Soviets made this model since the occupation of east Germany after the war.

Someone know what this watch is?

Jomashop is G2G. Might just have a lemon

i will buy one of these. What's the price for one of these online?

$13 on amazon

Yea they're super cheap. Like 14 bucks! If you live in the US and have a target near you they sell them for 18 and you don't gotta wait a few days for shipping.

How much did you pay and how do you like it? I have looked at Hanhart before, but for that price I'd rather get something else.

My 2 latest purchases. I actually am upset with the one furthest from my wrist. It's too big for my wrist and the face is plastic. Didn't notice until I left the store

Ive bought a few watches off trustytime and they are fantastic fakes. Youd have to be a cery knowledgable wis to know my rolex is fake. Its nice being able to spend $200 on some of the finest watches ever designed. Plus i get to stick it to those douchebags that spend 8k on a real sub

wow user you must be so quirky and unique

Why are they douchebags just cause they can afford the real thing? Wouldn't you be stoked if you could afford the real thing?

Just got this for my birthday to wear around the office with business casual fits.

Where in my post did I say that I was quirky and unique?

I've seen these watches posted here before, which is the reason that I purchased them.

That's a beautiful watch!

Thanks m8! I love citizen watches. This one was only about $180. I'm all about that graphite/charcoal gray face with the rose gold casing.

looks great. Can you give me the name of the watch?

citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AO9003-08E&mobile_switch=desktop
Here's the listing. I got it on sale from a jewelry warehouse, so you should shop around

Yea bud, that color scheme is awesome! Probably going to have to copy cat purchase that watch! Haha

I love this one

He'll yeah dude. If you find a good copy post it up, I go from my office to the production floor a lot and I'm afraid of scratching up my good watch, so having a good looking fake would be great.

Could you tell me what watch that is?

What would you choose?

I think the boccia looks a lot better.
Better color, I like the clean circles around the smaller dials, and it's better proportioned. The Seiko may be better quality but the aesthetic is worse.

Any love for the Vostok Amphibia? I paid £55 for this brand new, got a replacement 'clean' bezel from eBay for £12

Kinda cool but the big icons make it look pretty kitschy.

hipster watches

Seiko SARB017.

I need a non metal casual watch I can wear all the time to cover a wrist tattoo for work.
What are some decent watches with sort of wide wristbands, not leather cuff stuff

which one?

bup

Left

i was leaning towards left aswell, thanks for the feedback i will now buy them

I have both. I only wear the left, it's much better.

I am looking for a stark white faced minimalist watch that I could put on a canvas nato strap. Any suggestions other than timex weekender?

go for a perlon strap instead

hmm I like that. I didn't know those existed. thanks

Who /calculator/ here

I wear this one daily. It's received several compliments

Meme tier of meme watches

Put that on a NATO boss, great for the heat

Yea, nah I'll pass. Steel is where it's at.

fuck off normie

depends. left is bigger but has EL backlighting. right one is smaller but has only side led lighting. consider B640 as third Option.

Its nice and all but i should had bought a g chock 5600

super comfy.

why do weird little virgins love these watches?

we know you always shit on Seiko 5s and you hate them.

How do I thicken my wrists so watches don't look retarded?

You get smaller watches

I love it, the quality is alright and the movement is tough and reliable. I paid 200 for it used on eBay. These new go for about 400€.

go for a 33-36mm case diameter size.
it's what I do. I can't even wear anything beyond 38mm without looking goofy af.

so small Casios and 36mm literally who brands it is for me while being lefthanded on top of that.

Wanted a Timex for casual/daily wear.

Copped this while in Kyoto but have just switched to nike+ apple watch as I'm now running/gym

Got this as a gift, what do you guys think?

looks great. I think you made a thread about this one.

just...no. I'm sorry.

Only the brave will wear that watch in public.

Which one is that user? Looks really good

love it!

Seconding this request

So I'm interested in buying my first mechanical dress watch. What brands should I be looking at? My budget is $200-400, leaning toward the former if I can.

thoughts?

Hamilton, Seiko, or Orient would be a good start

not that guy but it's called the Fairfield Chronograph.

global.timex.com/node/102031

Casio Seamaster 91-W

Yeah it's the Fairfield Chronograph. I really like how it looks.

They look great, I was really thinking about getting one a while ago.

Where can I get a decent looking bauhaus style watch? I have one of pic related but I'd like a different color and don't want to buy the same watch twice

not too expensive either pls

Are any of these real, I'm guessing not, did some looking online but couldn't find much.

lol no

pic isn't bauhaus at all

idk what else to call it

either way I am still looking for a bauhaus watch

After I pay off the rest of my yacht, i'll be investing in this baby, can't wait.

very fake. How could you not have stumbled upon one of the thousands of guides? Just looking at the crowns I can easily tell they are fake.

May I ask where you guys purchased those? I'm rather fond of the steel bracelet one

I saw online once the same Alpinist that was white, rather than green, but I'm not sure it actually exists. If it does, I want it.

Leather nato almost always looks dumb imo