I have a genuine question about Raf Simons 02 and 03

I have a genuine question about Raf Simons 02 and 03.
Why are these collections so highly acclaimed? I'm wondering in particular about 02 being named Kollaps, what is supposed to be collapsing? A time of relative peace thats been enjoyed by the last 2 or so generations having not lived during WWII?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVAXvt8fMLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was called "Woe Onto Those Who Spit on the Fear Generation…the Wind Will Blow it Back". But Kollaps was featured heavily on prints.

I think part of Raf's appeal has been that it's difficult to tie down exact meanings in his work. He's deliberately kept things a bit mysterious, blending youth, music, art and concepts, inviting the consumer to bring their own meaning.

In "Fear Generation" I think it's a mistake to interpret it as militant or terrorist (as some have since the show preceded 9/11 by only a few weeks). Raf has always treated youth sub-culture with love, not fear. The fear is on the part of the youth and the look and clothes are their reaction to it.

They are coveted because every single piece costs $9000000000000000

Please change board, your opinion is worth 0.

I like your thinking and view

I always saw Kollaps as an "avant-garde" collection but still timeless
Most of the stuff would still be fashionable nowadays, while most of other designer stuff would probably die within a year or two
Everything is military inspired without going too much on the autistic level
It kinda resemble a post-war scenario yet not too niche to kill its own concept
That and a bit of luck, people like to flex "OG shit" to make them smarter, shit like "I've been there since '02" and stupid stuff, s/o to those 4 stupid rappers that we used to make fun with years ago, nowadays they're considered gods

desu ne

Why do you like it, Stahlhelm?

I can't explain it.
In the sense that "talent does what it can, genius does what it must" - Raf was compelled to bring this collection into existence

And I have no choice but to be absolutely compelled by it

most collections are just clothes.
this collection is a conceptual entity.
it is /tangible/

Sleeveless shirts, face masks, men walking through the dark with torches. Kinda gives off a post-apocalyptic/wasteland/post-collapse feel

These look like the ninjas from the daredevil comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVAXvt8fMLg

uh could you just put an imgur album of these dont want to have to save these one by one

this is an imageboard.
if you can't be bothered to save individual images, then you don't need them.

thank you for the dump friend. i've never seen these all together before, it really is incredible.

you're very welcome, user. glad you enjoyed it.

really good thread, thanks for sharing all these images

>most of other designer stuff would probably die within a year or two
no
I can sorta see why you would come to that conclusion but you are just straight up wrong. Early 00s Raf is huge influence on lot of current streetwear brands but don't let that jump to these kinda conclusions so quickly.
Just keep on learning and don't be too hasty to have something to say.

RaF SiMonS aLL KiNdA KRaZy KoLORs

OUT OF IDEAS
U
T

O
F

I
D
E
A
S

nt ian

Hold on, I wasn't talking about Raf there
I was more on the other designer stuff
Do you think that a Vetements hoodie is gonna be fashionable in a couple of years? I don't think so
If we only talk about CDG, Yohji, Rick, Raf and those "top tier" designers of course their stuff is gonna be pretty timeless
But I've been to a lot of runways shows (both on the runway and as a guest) and I gotta say that 90% of the stuff is thrash
Maybe it's just me or I've had bad luck (keep in mind that everything happened in Milan), but a lot of stuff that I wore at the shows would be ridiculous now or just super lowkey aesthetically, just basic stuff with a simple twist

Thanks for posting these images

>all white
>meme prints
>le ancient german word in caps
no suprise

even thought it's an obvious bait, you have to understand it's raf that the current brands doing this shit are copying
even if you don't like it, this is the original shit

>I'm wondering in particular about 02 being named Kollaps, what is supposed to be collapsing?

nigga u gay