Eyeglasses thread

Discuss glasses frames and styles and what to get and where, all in here.

Just ordered a pair of these through Warby Parker. Your thoughts?

Bump for glasses

Is zenni any good?

Can't say. I've never used them before.

I have used WP and Eyebuydirect and both have been very good. Excellent customer service and good pricing.

ID on glasses?
or perhaps something similar?

Those are actually pretty good. I too would like to know

I really hate how low quality warby Parker is.

Shitty case, shitty frames and almost all their lenses are sub-association tier polycarbonate.

I'm not a 9 year old, I can handle frames that aren't the cheapest acetate, stupid spring hinges/unbreakable hinges that sit on the face softly and off center and saftey glasses material scratch prone non-attendance plastic with the lowest abbe value.

I honestly don't know what kind of consumer exists in this world where warby Parker is a completely viable option.

I bet it's the type of person who takes pubic transport everywhere and doesn't have a bedframe

Just bareback matress probably from Goodwill on the floor with no sheets and dirty plates everywhere

That's the warby Parker customer

is the glasshape the same on pic related?
also w2c clear version of the top frames

damn, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Is there a different in quality between WP and eyebuy?

Eyebuy seems to have its own higher quality brand (reflector or something like that) so perhaps that is at least a step up. I ordered a pair from that so I will find out

why not just wear contacts?

Need new glasses because I'm starting to see halos, been over a year since I visited my doctor. What type guys my face?

>yeah I know I'm ugly senpai

fucking phone, I'm on my PC now, meant to say

"What type fits my face"

not everyone can wear them, and it's more work and more risky

So what's the deal with buying glasses online?

My current pair is kinda fucked and I can't find my other pair.

I was just going to replace my current frames with the same frame, but since it would be like 60 bucks from America's best I was thinking of getting a new eye exam since it's been a few years and I feel that my eyes aren't great.

Dad offered to pay for it I guess, but when I mentioned getting them online he kinda squirmed.

get some warby parkers or zenni or eyebuydirect and call it a day

I've had mine for just over three years, and the only issue I've had is one hinge getting a little loose.
It's time for a new pair anyways though.

Contacts are a pain in the ass, especially when you've got astigmatism like me, because it required a special kind of lens that has to sit exactly on your eye a certain way or they're extremely uncomfortable. Also, they're a hassle to take in and out, and require you to have your case, solution and preferably a mirror.

Glasses are easy as fuck, and if you take care of them, last you forever. Contacts have to be thrown away and replaced and you have to reorder them.

What are your thoughts on wearing glasses just as a fashion accessory, as in, not needing a prescription but liking the look of glasses and wearing them to compliment your outfit, just like a watch or anything else?

tryhard af, but whatever

The thing you need to understand about glasses, is that they're generally made out of acetate, which is cheap as hell. Glasses cost practically nothing to make, and lenses are pretty cheap too.

The reason you're paying insane prices for them in stores is because an Italian company called Luxottica has a monopoly on brands worldwide, and inflates the prices. You're paying for a name when you buy glasses, even though it's all the same cheap acetate and metal. 400 for a pair of Oliver Peoples frames is a complete joke.

Companies like Warby Parker decided they were going to make their own glasses at home, cutting out all extra costs, and offer glasses cheap as hell like they should be. Eyebuydirect and others have also done the same thing.

All you need is a prescription and your pupillary distance and they do everything for you.

And Warby Parker has a try on at home option where they mail you the frames you're looking at so you can see how they actually look and fit.

Sorry to deviate from Op's question, but does anyone know if these aviators are male or female? Got them as a gift, but no idea what they are.

Side

From the front they look unisex, but seeing them from the side makes them look faggy as hell. Definitely for women

This

Also WP is expanding like crazy and opening a ton of stores so as long as you live in civilization you can try them on in store. Sometimes frames or certain colors aren't available for try on through the mail so going to the store is handy

Also they have good customer support and return policy, etc etc.

The downside is waiting for your shit in the mail but you usually wait a few days anyway if you are getting them from a local place

What are some Veeky Forums frame styles for women with round faces?
Mine are currently similar to pic related, but they're very manly (Ive never seen another girl with them, only guys) and I want something that might make my face appear longer

Veeky Forums told me rectangular wireframes are engineering grad student tier and not really Veeky Forums.

Am I being meme'd?

They aren't Veeky Forums, that's why I'm asking for advice

Has anyone tried getting WP to make you frames in an off color? I want matte black Cranes.

anyone know where to get those bottom rim glasses?

Who makes good quality frames?

I'm getting new glasses tomorrow and was planning on going to WP but after hearing concerns on here and subsequently online, I've crossed them off of my list. I'm in a good area so I have many different stores to go to, all the major chains and a few smaller places.

WP is not bad at all, I've used them for years now

Obviously there are higher quality options, but I don't think they deserve to be scratched from your list

>aviators
>"male or female"

W2c glasses like these ones fernanda has on. I've fallen in love with these rounding thin style glasses but i dont know which brands do this style for a decent price.

NHS-issued. No joke.

Are these going to be Veeky Forums sometime soon? Looking to replace a pair of Persols that have caused more trouble than it was worth paying for..

those fuckers are huge. you need something much smaller, try some round frames and i'd suggest looking at tortoise shell or havana frames, the huge black frames are terrifying

since when have aviators not been Veeky Forums
those aren't big at all lol

Because glasses are an accessory

holy shit! you look like a mix between me and my brother, so creepy

are mirrored sunglasses Veeky Forums?

also looking for something like these.

do square go looks good on a diamond face?

>Spent a good $400 on a new pair of glasses a few months ago
>Shape complements my face much more than the previous
>Also much larger
>Noticed that my damn prescription makes my eyes look smaller and closer together depending on the angle.

Fucking goddamnit my fucking genetics fuck.

Your frames are too big for your face.
Forget about if they're Veeky Forums or not, they simply don't fit.
You need smaller frames that compliment your face better.

>spending 400 on glasses
>ever
>falling for the Luxottica Jew

You done fucked up.

I don't know what it is about reddit geeks who wear super hero t shirts thinking they "outsmart" luxxotica buy buying lower quality frames direct from china.

cool, I can lay a blanket on the sidewalk and live there.

doesn't mean i'm "outsmarting the scam that is the real estate market" by being homeless

Recommendations for better pair?

try throwing away everything in your room and quit decorating like a black mother of two, then worry about your glasses

Not sure if this is a fa meme but I'm pretty sure I've already seen you at least a month ago

Just get some glasses already lol

lmao that comparison. Yeah I'm finally moving out in a few months and I'm going to definitely change up the decor. It's been like this since freshman year

I did post about 2 months ago after I buzzed my head, but most responses were to just ditch the glasses altogether. Probably the last time I'll ask, but just looking a shape/style that people won't say are "FtM transition problem" glasses or w/e. I enjoy wearing glasses and rather not go full time contacts

what are some good sunglasses to wear that don't stand out too much, that give the impression "fuck off I'm just a boring guy"

I mean like what style in general, nothing specific
also what color the lenses should have etc.

is barton perreira any good ?

Does this frame style suit my face?

Going to get glasses later, and was thinking of trying something else on for size.

The point is there is absolutely no reason to spend 400 on glasses when they cost 10 to make.

You trying to justify it is just making you look retarded since you're not paying more for quality. You're paying more for the name

rectangular glasses are perfect for the boring tasteless engineering student look, i'd try those

jesus those are massive

get a smaller pair, that would be a start

w2c glasses?

bumpppppp

i'd go for slim but not tryhard-wireslim

just do it lol

i also love this style but doont know where to get them or what to call them

bump

just picked up these

don't cop, random people will punch you

Do you live in a 1970's highschool bruh?

$200 for the glasses, including high-index material (otherwise they'd be 1/2 inch thick), and UV/Anti-glare coating. Plus $200 for polarized, custom clip-ons (since nobody makes frames with clips these damn days). I tried getting some prescription aviators at the same price, but even with the high-index material they were comically thick.

are these okay to wear or no?

or these?

Why is it impossible to find glasses without nose pads, seriously?

Just fucking wear them if you like them. I've got these retarded things and fuck it. I come here from /sp/ for one minute and everybody seems scared to do anything.

This is so comfy
I hope this post is real

Not really, but you pull it off bc u have nice bone structure. Do something less wide...And stop doing that numale expression

They aren't so common on plastic frames.

Jesus fucking Christ, that prescription.

they're like $120 tho

I very personally prefer the first pair you posted, and they look more comfortable.

my roommate said that they look terrible and are harry potter glasses and says that i should get snowden type glasses because i have sort of the same look.. i guess i'll keep looking but so far these are the ones i think that i want

your roommate is literally retarded

snowden's glasses are trash

They're no more Harry Potter glasses than anything else round. Nobody is going to look at you and throw out a hp joke in those.

Thicc

Can anyone id on this, or know something similar? I'm a guy, btw.

This is the kind of shit I'm dealing with. My case isn't as extreme but I feel like I can't wear glasses now without my eyes looking close together. I've noticed all the attractive models in eyewear pics never have this in the slightest... probably fake lenses.

Ugh, well... in a year when my insurance covers it again, I might end up going back to contacts. I didn't really want to after I gave them up 5 years ago (too much pain and effort in the mornings when working full-time, not to mention expensive). I feel that frames look good on me though.

High index polycarbonate is shit

Shit clarity

Looks like warby paprker

How's warby parkers quality? Been thinking about using them. Here's what I currently wear

This is some next level kinda shit, goddamn

"There is no point in buying a half million dollar house that costs $150k to build."

"I'm too smart to live in a house I'll live in a van"

The examples above show that your distate for the average line of quality stems from. Your own economic situation and your ego.

If you had a better job, better car, better house, hotter girl

Things like dita glasses won't piss you off

LMAO. I love bad fashion, but I have to ask...you aren't by any chance the Unibomber's nephew are you?

Bump

you can always cop those sticky silicone sticker pads

what are these?

I've been thinking about getting these only cos they have them in a size that fits my head. But the bridge is making me hesitate cos apparently their high as fuck.

I love the look of clubmasters
Feels bad that the ones I tried looked horrible on mea

Are white glasses Veeky Forums?

child molester core

future bullying/shivving victim core

Thoughts on wireframes?

>I come here from /sp/

Are you a Blind Ballerâ„¢?