I need a pair of dress shoes for the office. What are some nice shoes that fo well with slacks...

I need a pair of dress shoes for the office. What are some nice shoes that fo well with slacks? What are some high end brand names i should look for?

Other urls found in this thread:

carminashoemaker.com/
finsbury-shoes.com/richelieu-broadway-marron-fonce-p114
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not these

Wow great reply. Yeah the pic is shit shoea i get it. Do you have a real reply?

just get some allen edmonds park avenues

>What are some high end brand names i should look for?
Avoid buying branded shoes from a major fashion label. Look for good shoes from a company that makes only shoes.

Alden is a great choice. I have a pair of shell cordovan monk-strap shoes from them that still looks practically new after 6 years of regular use and is comfy enough to walk several miles in without discomfort.

These are both great. Thank you, ill check these out tomorrow

If you're too broke for those, try Meermin.

allen edmonds used on ebay

carminashoemaker.com/

St Crispin
Corthay
Alden
Edward Green

LLOYD
Please don't tell me you wear used shoes from ebay?

Depends on you're definition of high end, those who are seriously into dress shoes consider $1,000+ high end.

As for my suggestion, I love J Fitzpatrick's stuff, goodyear welt, closed channel sole, beveled waist, and the dude who owns it also runs the Shoe Snob blog.

if you're looking for budget, you can consider Cole Haan

Allen Edmonds Park Avenues are comfy af.
They are their most popular shoe however so you might not be alone with that choice.

i own a pair of allen edmonds and a pair of church's with a captoe

both are great shoes (allen edmonds however is more value for you money since church's come at a higher price for practically no gain)

however i only wear them together with a suit or a blazer

if you dress more casual you may wanna wear dress shoes with a semi- or wingtip broguing

This seems like a good place to ask about something shoe-related (whodothunkit). I have these Churches brogues which are a little too large for my feet, but still wearable. Would it be alright to wear them, or would I look like Krusty the Clown?

Magnanni

if they don't fit u then get some shoes that fit

or add a thin insole

what's Alden doing with those other brands? It's like comparing american deep fried cornbread with european pâttiserie.

>Please don't tell me you wear used shoes from ebay?
uh
>not paying a mere $50 to wear some shoes a dead guy wore twice
pussy

I see so many young, "professional" men walking around in suits that are well-fitted, yet their dress shoes are so long and pointed - they're feet can't be that big. Is this actually in style? Or, is it just rampant masculinity?

Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

spanish and french lasts. it's a matter of style. I prefer them instead of the chunky AE shoes, for example.
finsbury-shoes.com/richelieu-broadway-marron-fonce-p114

Depends, do you mean this?

Or this?

I'm a fan of Paul Evans and Allen Edmonds, if you take good care of 'em they will last a lifetime

I used to like Paul Evans, but after really learning the ins and outs of dress shoes, they've fallen low on my list. Their toe spring is to high, last is too wide, and I've learned to hate Blake welt (light weight, but not near enough support and not comfortable). For the price you can do better.

Honestly, how can people live working as dress-coding wageslave? You can't be fa unless you can wear sick fits.

Anyone have experience with these but on bigger men? I'm 265 lbs, 6'2" and I burn through soles on nikes. I can't even wear shit with air in it.

95% of the stuff on Veeky Forums looks ridiculous on people over 30. I'm not saying you have to wear a fedora and a vest, but learn to embrace business casual.

Fuck you. Menswear is can be great fun. Even in office.

hey look an unemployed philosophy graduate

I'm 30 and finishing up my doctorate. The only reason I came here is because of rare threads like these. I'm trying to present myself a certain way now my nigga

Most jobs require uniform of sorts: police, lawyer, doctor. I'm data analyst for large online store and we dress business casual here. Get mad discounts on high-end designers for off-duty looks though.
And choosing job based on "I can wear my streetwear trash here" is retarded. Beside journalist I can't think of any job that could justify wearing casual stuff.

depends on where do you live. Here in Scandinavia everyone dress at their jobs like they are out of a retirement house.

Scandinavia has completely different corporate culture to the rest of the world. I heard you don't even have over hours there.

Now that you talk about it? Which brands are even possible to pull off by older guys? Saint Laurent? Undercover? Because seems to be once you are over 30 memenimalism is your only choice.

>400 dollar shoes to wear around an office
Seems a bit much. Granted $400 isn't a huge deal if you're making decent money but almost no one in the office I work at wears shoes that are in that price range for daily office beaters

Yes, we do. Actually it is a problem, because of all the workers benefits, it is cheaper for the employer to make you work over time than to hire another person. So it's normal than two persons do the work of a third person. For the same reason is hard to find job for a first timer.