What do you prefer for a close shave?

I have been using the electric razor for years because you don't need to apply shaving foam or soap before shaving, you don't need to clean after with water and because I think it is less irritating to the skin.

But now I'm realizing that the manual razor cuts a little more than the electric one and it's faster.

>because I think it is less irritating to the skin.
you may think so, but electric razor is actually more irritating

I only get irritated in the neck, in the face I never get irritted.

It also depends if the electric razor blades are old, for example I haven't replace them since I bought the machine like 7 years ago (the manufacturer recommends to change them every 18 months).

Double edge safety razor is the most Veeky Forums way to shave

Safety razor

I just fell for this meme. Coming from an old brain electric. I didn't know what to buy so I went for burts bees shaving cream and after shave, astra blades, and shaveology pre-shave.

How bad did I fuck up?

braun*

Kind of bad but not terrible. I would never recommend cream in a tube for wet shaving. Get Taylor of old bond street jermyn street if you want a cream, barrister and mann if you want a tallow soap, or phoenix artisan accoutrements if you want vegan (if you're sensitive to tallow). Get a proper shaving brush. A cheap synthetic one will do but do not get a cheap brush that's real badger hair. For aftershave I recommend nivea sensitive post shave balm. And for blade I recommend voskhod. And don't cheap out on the razor. Get an Edwin jaggger DE89 or a Merkur 34C

Also pre shave is kind of a meme used to sell shit. It's not really necessary

I have always used an alectric shaver. Never had any irritations

Disposable Gillettes. After I've shaved my face with them a few times, I save them for when I shave under my armpits and balls because it's better to shave down there when it's not too sharp.

Which brand of DE blade do you prefer?
I prefers Astras

pre-shave oil is great for me. I make my own basically using beard oil for my stache and goatee all over. Argan, jojoba and lanolin which maybe once a week I put in the hair on my head as well.

Wilkinson Sword bought in bulk from India on ebay

I used to use feathers with my old one but they fuck up my skin on my new one so I'm using astras at the moment

also electric shavers fuck up my skin something fierce. they don't shave for shit eitehr

DE, use to use a cartridge razor and those AWFUL electric ones. Then I developed irritation on muh neck and stopped since using DEs. Merkur pretty much cemented my future with them

The wiki said wet shaving is a meme, and if you use pre-shave you essentially accomplish the same thing with less time and effort. It did say "can," but the burts bees stuff came in a gift set with some of their lip balm, which I like. I'll see if I can cancel it and get something in canned.

Blade is Merkur 34C, just like the wiki told me to.

>tfw wiki babby

It's a start at least right?

whether you should or should not wet shave depends entirely on your skin. if electric razors work for you great, less hassle for you but they don't work for everybody.

They work as in "bare minimum acceptable for having a desk job" but I'm 28 and recently decided that standard is not good enough anymore.

Electric shaver all the way. Done in 20 secs and your ready for work. Pop out the razor and have a wet shave for interviews, weddings, funerals and other important events.

Don't fall for all of the tech bullshit or meme creams that people try to promote.

Get a bag of disposable razors/a safety razor & blades, and buy a can of barbasol shaving cream.

I just wash the blade off & push the disposable razor in the opposite direction up my arm to clean the blades after each stroke (don't shave your fucking arm, just push up instead of pulling it down). I'll then throw the razor in a jar of alcohol until I need it again.

Ill only throw the blade away whenever I start feeling it slightly pull my hair, but this happens long after the little bullshit shaving soap strip is gone.

Tl;dr: find ways to keep the metal on a shaver sharp & rust free for as long as possible, and you'll save money & have the same or an even closer shave than what you'll get with Gillette or some electric razor.

Is aftershave a meme? Started using a safety razor recently. I just clean off the soap with a cold facecloth then moisturize

How fucked am I?

I shave with those super cheap single blade Bic razors. shaving cream I use is gilette

then i finish it off with aesop toner and moisturizer.

Usually get pimples from shaving. What should I do?

Why is this always a choice? I knock most of the hair off with electric and then finish with manual.

I trim it down as short as possible with an electric razor (with a guard on) before using a blade.

>I trim it down as short as possible with an electric razor (with a guard on) before using a blade.

did you .. study the blade?

Yeah, mate i use a katana my sensei gave me when he died ;'(

>2017
>not epilating everything

The razor heads are cheap and it works like a charm. Razor designs were just fine a century ago. All the new stuff is a gimmick.

Stop using a bic? Seems obvious

Which double edge safety razor, shaving cream, after shave, shaving oil and shaving brush should I get? List the patrician choice for all of them

I used to get razor burn on my neck all the time when I shaved with an electric razor. I switched to a de safety razor and it's helped with less razor burn/acne/ingrown hairs.

it hurts

-splash your face with warm water couple till the skin gets soft and soggy
-rub olive oil in it and massage good for like half a minute
-splash with some more warm water
-shave it off
-put 100% aloe vera as after shave

use one razor shaver

it does miracles, been doing this foreve, my skin still soft and young at my 26

Persona is the only brand of razors that I can say arent up to the standards of others. It's not long enough in my standard size razor, you have to angle it in a weird way and its far from a perfect shave. I'll never leave Astra.

Everyone is different, this point is made ad-nauseum, nobody gives a shit what you like.

Persona works the best for me after trying a lot of different razors, don't give a shit why.

Make sure that you're not applying alcohol to your face, and that your blade has been sterilized since you last used it.

asians are so unaesthetic

You're just jealous.

I'm new to DE, coming from electric. Am I supposed to use a facial moisturizer in addition to after shave? If so, what should I look for / what brands are good? I know a degree of SPF is desirable.

I have pretty good skin with little acne, though I do have a tendency for ingrown hairs. I don't want to age faster than I have to (just quit smoking, which is probably the worst thing you can do for that, so I'm trying to undo some of that shit).

I just use after shave balm. The nivea one is cheap and good and keeps the skin soft for hours after shaving.

What's a good electric razor for beard trimming? How do I make myself have a 10 day beard all the time?

Merkur whatever, none, none, shave secret, none.

wet with water as hot as you can stand, rub a few drops of shave secret in, wet again and go for it.

t. need to have super good shave because facial hair is an awful snowflake that doesn't respond to hormone therapy

I'm definitely going to try that out, and the Gilette lotion the wiki told me about.

But what about something like pic related? For after the aftershave.

anyone have an after shave rec?

so you dont have to use a shaving cream or anything? would be cool not to have to buy anymore, going to try this, thanks