Were your parents ever into fashion?

Were your parents ever into fashion?

i have an anti-materialistic punk rock mom who dressed me in raggity hand me downs as a kid

i think me getting made fun of for my clothes might be why i got into fashion

mom went to fashion school and dad was a banker, they taught me how to dress at a super young age

My mom is a Dallas housewife. So while she never exactly put together cutting edge fits she definitely had an appreciation for outfits that looked nice and set a premium on us having nice clothes.

My parents are poor and don't care about clothes besides. Whenever we had free dress day at school I'd pretend I forgot because I basically only had my uniform to wear. I did have other clothes but they were shitty and embarrassing.
I think that made me faggy about having decent clothes when I was able to get them for myself.

My dad wore a lot of expensive clothes before I was born, stuff like Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent. He used to have this really wild sheepskin jacket too, but my mom gave it to goodwill.

My dad loves yohji and Ann D.

There's a weird picture of my parents dressed in 19th century clothing and reclining in wicker furniture... They say they can't remember why they were dressed that way, but it's always interested me whenever we would look at the photo albums. It's almost Lovecraftian!

my mom used to stunt in gucci and prada. now she's getting to be 60 and into wild foraging lol.

My parents (mainly my dad) forced me into being a fucing vidya nerd that didn't give a fuck about what i wore and i my whole time at high school was me altering my appearance and making sure i looked different to how they dressed. i especially got into high fashion and Veeky Forums after finding out my banker grandad gave yohji the money he needed to open a Paris store and showroom.

Mother dress like a hippie and father full adidas or like a hiker

>i have an anti-materialistic punk rock mom
kys and your mom

Child of a single mommy :)

bump

My grandpa used to be pretty fashionable in the 60s and 70s. He gives me lots of his old clothes every time I see him.

My dad wears guy harvey tshirts, cargo shorts and flip flops. My mom wears bleach stained graphic tshirts and bulky nike running shoes. I love it

My grandma is a decent tailor and used to make clothes for herself way back.
She appreciates good construction and has a knack for finding really cool pieces. Isn't really into fashion more than any other woman, but she's stylish.

my pops was fresh when he was young and my aunt always gave me fubu shit for christmas

My grandpa was. My dad, not so sure
Pic related is my dad

Not really.

Though what they used to wear back in the days would be considered fashionable nowadays.

no one from my family is/was interested in fashion

my mum wasn't poor, but literally spent the absolute bare minimum on me, as a kid my entire wardrobe was from charity shops, wouldn't even pay for the bus fare to hs and made me pay for my own haircuts etc, I know your pain so fucking well, coming to school in 20 year old jackets and old milsurp backpacks meant I got so much shit for it. having school asking whether I qualified for free school meals and shit when my mum was earning £90k but still refused to pay for school trips

literally the first thing I did when I got a part time job was get some clothes I wouldn't get shit on for

>They say they can't remember
Themed swingers party. Definitely.

My mom dressed like a beatnik in the 90's when that 60's look was having a comeback. All black, very fitting clothes, long black hair with bangs.

I think if she looked like that now she'd be very Veeky Forums but back in the 90's loose was king so she stuck out like a sore thumb.