Are ray ban really that good or just hyped like this...

Are ray ban really that good or just hyped like this? I want to buy my first normal sunglasses but dont know if i should go for RB or buy something cheaper. Are there any cheaper and better quality brand ? can you something recomended?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWVnYEpUEWo
etsy.com/ca/listing/100597955/mini-v-round-bottom-cheek-pointy-cosplay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ray Ban is "handmade in Italy" and what not. That's part of the price. They're quality but you could probably do better for the price. Don't have any reqs, google is your friend.

Ray Bans are owned by Luxottica, the Italian glasses company that has a monopoly on most glasses brands in the world. That's why they're so expensive, because Luxottica inflates the price to hell and back and makes you pay for the name.

They're no better or worse than any other glasses brand out there, but not worth the price Lux forces you to pay for the name.

Honestly raybans are some of the cheapest shades. If you want good lenses get Maui jim. I used to manage a sunglass hut. Maybe check out revo or oakley Holbrooks but they are both ugly companies.

I cheche poloaroid webpage and it seems they have nothing special goodlooking-for me. For some reasons i like the ray ban style. They have more types of style so you can make bettter choice.I mean,i like some of them and i dont want to buy shits like armani,gucci which have nothing to do with glasses,only fucking expensive shit.

They're made in China nowadays.

Randolph

>paying over 100$ for fucking shades
don't OP, give me your money if you hate it that much, you can buy the same glasses on aliexpress for 2$

what if you need prescription sunglasses?

I have a couple pairs of Ray-Bans and they seem (to me at least) to be tougher and better built than Foster Grants and the other average drug store fare.

I have a pair of aviators that spent an entire winter laying under four feet of snow and ice during a Canadian winter after they fell out of my bag and I didn't notice them, and they were none the worse for wear once the snow melted.

Same with the New Wayfarers and Justins I have; they've taken numerous drops onto tile, hard wood and concrete between my clumsy wife and grabby kids, and have held together or real blemishes with no issues at all.

Whether that makes them worth the 100+ price tag when one could buy ten pairs of the exact same style or not is up to you.

>INB4 fat legs

Everything in this post is wrong.

It's clearly not just your legs that are fat. You have disgusting nast sausage fingers too.
Clearly you're just fat and disgusting all over.

I hate fat people so fucking much.

>Randolph
made in usa for sure? They are not quite expensive for me-central europe. But looks good

just tell us what s wrong with his post?

Just imagine me jamming them into your mouth, covered in grease from eating a bunch of McDonalds burgers, like a bunch of eels trying to force their way into an underwater cave.

Imagine the sweat and stink rolling off me transferring onto you as we clumsily roll around at distances that are beyond intimate, imprinting into your clothing, a yellowish tinge that will never come out no matter what you try to clean it with.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you even write this kinda shit?
Lose some fucking weight or kill yourself. Being fat is a choice, which is why I have so sympathy for fatasses dying early.

Good riddance.

i'm looking for a specific sunglasses, i saw them once on a girl, they had purple glass and had very short height but very wide width also they were somewhat rectangular, but i dont know the name so cant find it anywhere online to buy, help.

yes they're good, but very overhyped

They're treated like Starbucks, its a decent product, but they charge a kinda expensive price for it, and people praise them.
they're status symbols for plebs and easy glasses for patricians

just get pic related

What the fuck is wrong with you, that you were so triggered and ourraged by the fat leg and couple of fingers of a complete stranger in a photo posted in a thread about sunglasses, that you took the time to spew a bunch of vitriol about my appearance and your general hatred of fat people?

That isn't a rhetorical question, seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Buy a pair of gargoyles

Go with a pair of Maui Jim's, they're not made under the monopoly known as Luxotitca and are worth every penny. Fun fact, I live in the city where Maui Jim's HQ is located.

Luxottica*

Ray Ban glasses are very good build, they will last you years if you take care of them, but they're definitively overpriced because you can find others as well build for like a little more than half the price of them.

By the way can someone identify the glasses that based George is wearing in this pic??

this

As far as luxottica quality goes, ray-bans are by far the best, clear or sun. But, well, that's setting a fairly low bar, isn't it?
very rarely the suns, they're almost all italy.
Clears? I've seen maybe one italian pair in the last couple years and it was scuffed to all hell. It was a god damn waste.

I bought these today for 60 bucks

>between my clumsy wife and grabby kids

remind me exactly what are you doing here,especially on Veeky Forums

>As far as luxottica quality goes, ray-bans are by far the best

persol are highest quality luxotticas, and it isn't hard to find them new under 200

IS THAT YOU? Don Draper..

What are these ? Been looking for a similar pair

I'm in the market for new shades as well. I had the same question of "Should I get a nice pair or just go with a cheap knockoff?" I've decided to go for the knockoff. Not because I can't afford a nice pair, but it just seems like a much smarter choice. A nice pair might last longer, might look nicer, might have a warranty, etc. But a cheaper pair will give you about 90% of the same benefits and cost 90% less.

Pic related, I'm considering these.

wtc

how much are those

Clubmasters are almost entirely made in China. The rest of the RayBan line are made in italy.

>because Luxottica inflates the price to hell and back and makes you pay for the name
So does every other designer shade not owned by Luxottica.

clubmaster must be their most popular model atm. at least it is the most common style i have seen

ray bans are the only glasses that fit my disfigured face

ray-ban didn't invent browline frames, they just have the most popular sunglasses in the shape.
Unless you mean literal knockoff's. but nigga that's dumb as hell.
Ah, clubmasters specifically. My bad, that's correct.
I'd say they're about the same build quality, and with that in mind you can usually find ray-bans for even cheaper, simply because they're so common compared to other luxottica brands.

I spent about 15 dollars for my Eyebuydirect frames. They've been sturdy and feel quality.
What's your story?

this.
they're the best quality glasses i've ever had and definitely tougher than most, but idk if the price is reallyyy worth it
also i wouldnt have noticed your legs if you hadnt said that

How do these persols look on me?

or these wayfarers??

sorry im ugly.

persols imo. look more laid back and works better with slicked back hair

lmao Veeky Forumstbro, you're the fucking man

thanks user. my face/head has grown some since I purchased my wayfareres years ago. Put on some weight and I think that I can finally pull off the persols.

I like the persols better. You aren't ugly at all btw.

They're not that great.

I own a few pairs and I just wear them to avoid looking like a slob in the beach city.

Raybans and persol are about as good as any decent $10 sunglass

here is a sunglassless shot for general face shape. I think im gonna keep the persols.

Thanks anons.

i prefer the wayfare by connotations, both are fine though, on a more important note: which do you prefer?

nah mate, you look good!

I like them both. Probably will keep both and wear them for different occasions. I've put weight on and my face has gotten larger. I've been rocking the wayfarers forever and I thought it was time for a change.

American Optical

i don't think you should really think about 'face shape' while looking for sunglasses. more useful imo is to look for correct proportions.

you have a quite long face, so the vertically more substantial lens of the persol suits you better. the shape can be what ever if the proportions work

amazon, brand "Joopin"

I see. Whatever.

Get retro super futures thank me later just pay for them

Nah only the iconic and named glasses are. Everything else is all China including the eyeglass frames

They moved the ray ban name down market

Persol is supposed to compete with higher end safilo brands or artisnal shit like dita but fails in comparison

Ray ban frames are for Walmart consumers and the like

man for like 5-6 dollars more you could have gotten a frame with polarized lenses
Unless you did, in which case nice cop bro.

>Nah only the iconic and named glasses are. Everything else is all China
Do you mean sunglasses or ray-ban frames in general?
>including the eyeglass frame
as opposed to just the nosepads?
>Persol is supposed to compete with higher end safilo brands or artisnal shit like dita but fails in comparison
At a ray-ban price point? I don't think so Tim.
>Ray ban frames are for Walmart consumers and the like
Wouldn't a Wal-Mart consumer buy from Wal-Mart

i've been looking for few of their models. are they really that good? they have zeiss lenses, right?

Yep, those lenses ain't bad at all, and considering the zeiss is part of the package the price you pay is decent af.

H&M glasses are like 7-8$

youtube.com/watch?v=pWVnYEpUEWo
>gee thanks alpha meme

Sunglasses are the only named frames, eyeglasses are sold as frames.

Walmart carries Ray Ban glasses and sunglasses incl. Clubmaster

Post was clear fuck tard

Are there any wayfarer like Persols?

Do aviator glasses look good with a buzzcut?

Thick boy

Veeky Forumst

jesus christ get some fucking aviators

get pants that fit, those look uncomfortably tight for your fat legs

>sunglasses are the only named frames
You're right, pardon me, I asked for clarification where none was needed.
But now that we've established you mean specifically sunglasses, and that any non-named frames or iconic frames are chinese made, let us run through a few examples

RB8351
RB4267
RB4259
RB4250
RB3538

Just a handful of italian made-examples that are not named or iconic. If you'd like, I can find a few more examples.

A couple shops I was in earlier had italian made clear pairs. I found myself quite surprised, and I'm very sorry I did not jot down their model numbers for you. I will remember for next time.

Mostly, this is because Ray-Ban does have frames that could be affordable to a Wal-Mart consumer. I've seen clear pair's for as low as $100 and as high as $350, this is all before the price of lenses. I'm guessing some marketing execs said to themselves "ray-ban being our most popular brand is part of how we sell it. How can we keep it the most popular brand"? I assume at some point they'll branch off into both dollar store readers and $2k frames handmade by acetate monks prior to mysterious assassination.

>eyeglasses are sold as frames
Indeed they are, which makes it very strange that they are specified as included.

>Walmart carries Ray Ban glasses and sunglasses incl. Clubmaster
Not in Canada, it seems. I must apologize, here I was most certainly wrong.
Well that's a bit odd. You're American, yeah? How exactly does Wal-Mart there go about charging more than $70 a frame? Are Canadians just poor?

Indeed, they are polarized.

Here come the Men in Black
Galaxy defenders
The good guys dress in black remember that

Rayban isn't low quality by any means, but they are just one of luxotticas many mass produced (muh made in italy) mediocre brands. Only retards pay full price for them. I got a tortoise shell wayfarer for 50 yurobux last summer and immediatly scratched that fugly logo off.

also:
>clubmaster

Where can I get some "squirtle squad" sunglasses?

I like them, but I'm going for the retired pilot look