What are the most Veeky Forums headphones?

Pic related are the B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4's.

>inb4 beats

Other urls found in this thread:

nobleaudio.com/en/lookbook/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Master & Dynamic MH40

this

headphones in public make me uncomfortable. earbuds are the way to go.

grado

I mostly agree (I used earbuds 98% of the time), but headphones are nice for specific fits.

Are you really that self conscious about headphones being on your head?

P9's.

God, those are fucking gorgeous but there's no way in hell I'd walk around with those on...more of a home listening headphone with that $800 price tag. The P7 is better for mobile use and is half the price.

That's fair. That's one of my biggest reservations with expensive accessories. I'm worried about leaving them on a table at the library or something.

I also feel like the P9's also come with a mid-mod home and retro furniture, so you need a certain look to pull them off.

But for the price of the P7's, I'd just get the MH40's above, probably.

That's exactly how I feel with expensive accessories even though I've never left my wallet or phone anywhere before.

Agreed, their style really would fit into a contemporary or modern home plugged into a hi-fi system.

I posted the MH40's above and yeah I'd rather get those over the P7's since the MH40's have more customization to them when it comes to color schemes and all that fun stuff.

Ath M50x nice and fucking plain

P5's are perfect, all the looks, without being massive.

Koss Porta Pro for /Fenriz-core/

Parrot zik 2.0

dat price point, 11/10

>Veeky Forums earbuds

This is now a Noble thread.

nobleaudio.com/en/lookbook/

I broke my headphones in a drunken state over the weekend so I'm looking at some right now but I fucking hate spending more than £20 on a pair (because I drink a lot which means I fall and break shit a lot).
Thinking of ordering these pic related (Betron HD1000)... good reviews on quality, going for £29.99 down from £69.99... so I'm almost convinced just by the deal itself, what you think?
Are they decent looking?
I am convinced myself.

>I somewhat care about headphones but not enough to do any length of research
Looks like shit too, and a pain to walk around with (I use a pair of SRH 840s).

If you pay that much for IEMs then you're a fucking buffoon...those IEMs definitely do not look like they're work over $1000. The headphone market is full of snake oil and you're a moron if you believe 90% of the shit out there without experiencing it firsthand.

Agreed, I own a pair for home use and they're great for gaming and music listening but mobile use is absolute shite.

What really gets me is when I see people walking around campus with them.

I used mine this semester when I'd have down time between classes for laptop use and I tried walking around with them on once and it was a pain in the ass...

build quality is pretty poopy tho and they're basically useless unless you're at home in a totally quiet environment

If you think it's ALL snake oil, you've never listened to anything worth listening to.

well aware, but they definitely are effay.

>implying you know me personally

I've was on head-fi for almost 4 years and have owned numerous pairs of headphone so I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what the personal audio world is full of...good try though user.

>have owned numerous pairs of headphone

Just nothing worth owning.

Okay, I've owned these headphones: HD600, DT 880 PRO, K701, M-100, MTH-50x, and HD558. If you think that any of those are bad then you need a swift kick to the head.

Whoops, made a typo *ATH-M50x

Funny, I've owned all of those as well - 'cept the Beyers.
I wouldn't call them bad, exactly. All mediocre in their own ways.

The ATH-M50x, HD558, and M-100 can be mediocre, the K701 and DT 880 are great overall headphones with little flaws here and there from what I've heard, but come on you can't call any part of the HD600 mediocre. Even though the sub bass is just a little lacking from what people say but that's just really personal preference if you love bass or not. The HD600s did it for me and are the best headphones I've ever listened to.

way too steampunk/fedora

then again who the fuck cares what your home headphones look like?
it's about performance and comfort

I have used Grados for years and don't see myself changing to anything else
sound quality is excellent for the price and the customer service is second to none

How are those even fedora/steampunk-ish at all!? Grado's are fucking fedora tier, plus they have pretty poopy quality...my guess is that you have the SR80e or SR125e which are at the low end of the spectrum man, not to mention they're uncomfortable as fuck.

Interesting that you would pick the 701s to defend. While I prefer their soundstage and imaging to most other headphones, I would have chosen them as some of the weakest of your batch overall, though I can't speak for the 880's.

The 600's are perfectly adequate, yeah. They're basically the cheapest full-sized headphones that offer an almost-full listening experience.

So we come back to my point, and yours. Some degree of the headphone market is snake oil. A degree of that is included in the purchase price of any set of headphones. That degree increases as you approach the top end of the market.

So basically we are both in agreement that there is no such thing as a pair of headphones that are worth owning. The best you can do is to pick a sweetspot for your preferred listening experience.

Well, I guess we are...audio is pretty much a personal preference but everyone likes to strut their stuff as being superior to something else every now and then. At least this wasn't a full on pissing match but hey, I'm glad you know your stuff man.

Luckily tried these on at Selfridges and determined they are too narrow on the ear to be comfortable. Ended up getting pic related instead but don't wear them often. Also have V-Modas, they are comfy and Veeky Forums if you don't they some cringey customisation.

looks like shit

looks like shit

cmon looks like shit

i barely see grado headphones worn by anyone, wouldn't understand giving it "fedora" status.

all the manufacturing is put into the actual headphone itself which would explain the build quality, honestly if you took care of your headphones though it wouldn't be a problem.

i like the M40x over the M50x, better sound and not as bulky

my shure SE 215 look pretty good desu

HiFi Sound = effay
Good looking headphones that sound shitty are just Hipster Dre Beats

Best sound for the cost
Slightly overrated, but still good
Overrated meme headphones. Bass is hyped
This guy has good opinions

beats solo 3 wireless

>gears that obviously don't do anything
those are straight cringe.

yea bet they will look great when you break them. just get some iems or something dude

It hurts my spirit that someone actually things this looks good.
I feel like I just watched a puppy drown.