Found first 50 issues scans of Japanese street fashion magazine FRUiTS, that I downloaded ages ago...

Found first 50 issues scans of Japanese street fashion magazine FRUiTS, that I downloaded ages ago. Looks like they're from 1997 - 2001. Could post a bunch, if there's interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kOAkET4K!SSuZV-9e6lGDq3SbZ9YZ-QA2m3vCcoQp721oZmCdteQ
i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/what-the-closure-of-fruits-magazine-means-for-japanese-street-style
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am interest

please upload a rar of them

interested. apparently they're rebooting FRUiTS.

I'm definitely interested OP. Could you zip and upload them to Mega or whereever?
Appreciate you posting, thanks.

Sure, uploading everything right now, it's only 500MB, but MEGA is slow.

ayy thanks OP, looking forward to the upload.

Great scans, OP. I'd definitely like to see more!

Would like to see them try. Japanese street fashion as we know it is dying out thanks to Zara and H&M.

Saved a few pics, thanks OP

Last one.

Here's the link with everything I have:
mega.nz/#!kOAkET4K!SSuZV-9e6lGDq3SbZ9YZ-QA2m3vCcoQp721oZmCdteQ

Hey thanks op

god fit on the left

mm nah

Wtf, I though Japs wear suits because 90% of population a corporate wagecucks working 6 days pro week with insane over hours. Can somebody fill me in please.

my boy with the blue bag on the left looking like the wriggler from mario

there are neets, dude

girl in full black looks GODLIKE
that fullbody looks practical, comfortable and looks amazing

Post Free & Easy, preferably this edition.

Thank you for delivering.

>Japanese street fashion as we know it is dying out thanks to Zara and H&M.

Stop posting this meme, as someone who lives in Japan--20 minutes from Harajuku no less, stop parroting this you don't know what you're talking about.

Please just think about it logically from the most basic perspective: would the people who dress like this suddenly just be like--"Actually, you know what? Basic casual fits from a chain store are where it's at!" No.

No one talks about the fact that Fruits probably shuttered mainly because it's a fucking magazine and wow, print media struggling in the year 2017? Color me surprised!

I own that issue lol. Playing vidya at the moment though

Creative fits plus the nostalgic 2000 japanese vibe. So beautiful

Noooice, how much?

how much what
I'll upload it for you later, senpai. I have a large format scanner
Playing NHL 17

Best thread at the moment, comfy as fuck.

gonna go shopping but I'll upload it in a bit
the pics are gonna be high fucking res (since the last person asked for higher res on my last upload)
pics might be too big to be posted on Veeky Forums, of course

mag is p cool

be back later

Oooh I like this

Thank you so much OP!

print media is making a come back you mongoloid, that's not why fruits was failing

and yes fast fashion outlets had a massive impact on fashion as a whole, made it incredibly difficult for a lot of of the smaller stores and designers that the fruits crowd frequented to continue operating especially in a stagnate/ shrinking retail culture such as the one present in japan. iIs been what like 16 or 17 months in a row of declining sales now?

>i have no idea what im talking about
I'm quoting you

Fuuck I had a fruits compilation book like 12 years ago and I remember these two girls so well. They always freaked me out but I loved them.

rip jpn street fash

I got called in to work so I will have to finish later. If the thread gets archived just check the diy thread for a link. I'll post it there if not here

those girls look korean

ya they got these photos taken in the nippon

Poseurs: the Nation.

Check your privilege, burger

Thanks op

God bless op

based OP, thank for the images!

MAM has a nice torrent for this

w2c?

MAM?

>print media is making a come back you mongoloid

I literally working in the publishing industry here, that's why I feel the need to make these comments and offer this perspective. Although my work is textbooks and not fashion magazines I can tell you unequivocally that the publishing industry is hurting very much. Even here in Japan where old methods are not as readily abandoned and often coexist with the newer (for example DVDs are still widely rented/purchased). You mongoloid.

The kind of people who posed for Fruits would not just jump to Uniqlo unless it was simply a matter of them growing up and moving on and changing their tastes or whatever. They are completely different kinds of fashion.

It is true that Harajuku isn't quite what it used to be, and I'd say the above point about people moving on is partly what is going on here. I think the main reason Harajuku isn't quite the same level of bizarre street fashion Mecca it used to be is that the pioneers of that movement have grown up and moved on and perhaps the younger generation that has followed just aren't quite into the same things.

"Uniqlo killed Harajuku" is just not the whole story. I know that one article you read about this shit that got a lot of attention is very convincing, but please don't discount the perspective of somebody who has lived and worked here for over half a decade.

That said I see bizarre street fashion all the time in Harajuku despite this.

Yes, I actually do.

Japanese people like to collect shit. But the quality of free online material is good enough now that most print media can't compete. Personally, I still buy mags because occasionally I like to refer back to them for inspiration (that's also why I archive my shit and put it in Google drive)
We're living in the dying days of the format though. It'll have a resurgence again in my lifetime but people here should expect more "rip [insert magazine title]" threads in the next two years.....they're all gonna start collapsing

Relevant:
i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/what-the-closure-of-fruits-magazine-means-for-japanese-street-style

Vice is liberal trash

Ban evasion is against the rules

>vice

w2c comfy cute huggable jap gf

Show me your rightwing fashion news source.

I get fashion news from New York Times, The Atlantic, and the new Yorker
It's unbiased and not nauseating

thanks, nice song also!

Dides hair on the right image is an insp of mine.

Like daaaaamn, the fits are on point but most of the fuckers are ugly as shit