Hey guys, any of you have long hair? And if so how do you keep it nice...

Hey guys, any of you have long hair? And if so how do you keep it nice, I'm growing mine and I want to make sure it looks good

I think the nicest it looked for me was when i fekk for the no poo meme for a year. Now i'm back on the shampoo jew though.

Wash it with cold water. Untangle it with your fingers at first and then lightly comb it if your hair is straight. If your hair is curly wavy like mine, again, untangle it with your fingers and then put some kind of oil of your choice on it and then brush it. Afterwards wash it and lightly scrub it on the shower. After shower when your hair is still damp but not soaking apply whatever conditioner you like to use. That's it. Everything else is genes.

But seriously, try no poo for a while. Just scrub your hair daily on the shower, no products, just basically massage your scalp everyday. It will be very oily at first but it gets better.

>It will be very oily at first but it gets better
This. My oil level stabilized after about a week of no poo. It was a rough week though.

I go to the beach almost every day, shower with water every day or other day, condition it or maaaayyybbee shampoo it once a week. The less intervention the better

what i did was i just used less and less shampoo until i was using almost none.

I just make sure to shampoo + condition it before brushing / blowdrying and using keratine oil. otherwise when I'm sitting around home it looks like shit.

Always good getting comments from girls saying they're jealous of my hair though

A good understanding of your hairtype is essential. I'm lucky enough to have fairly standard hair so I get off easy.

A good shampoo and strong conditioner are a must. Theres a ton on the market all promising various shit but after trying a few get one which suits your hair type the most. People over complicate this far too much. Most hair care for long hair happens after shampoo and conditioning.
Masks helps but a good oil works wonders.

I only blow dry mine about one a month. The rest of the time I towel dry it and then let it dry naturally tied up. I dont mind it wavy because of it.

No fucking straightening.

If you ever tie it up; never go too tight.

Britfag here so my shampoos & conds cost approx between £8 -£15 each.

One more thing that the other posts didn't mention: get a trim if you notice split ends (that shouldn't be an issue tho if you don't murder your hair with heat on daily basis)

do you know how to make a decent manbun with hair like in your pic?

I normally tie mine up with a bunch of hair pins & assorted junk with gels / pomades if I do. That style may not be for everyone.

Otherwise like this.

I've always kept my hair really short all my life and I've decided to grow it out, so I need some help

1. my hair is pretty thin so I'm worried that I'd look a furry when i grow it out. how do I make my hair thicker or have more volume? i've heard of using some sort of oil but theres a huge variety I need a direction to start.

2. also any tips on tiding through the painfully long mid phase of growing out hair? any styles i can try trimming it to as it grows? I'm half a year in and it's too long to be left alone but too short to be tied up.

3. is the whole sulfate conditioner thing true or just a meme? mine's one of those, and if so, any recommendations for a good one?

my hair is very oily, don't know it I can go without shampoo.

I've never used conditioner, what are the correct steps to apply it?

Bump

Chill out johnny depp

manbuns can seriously damage your hairline, be careful

is there any tutorial?

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

I'm about to try egg and olive oil mix in my hair. Will report when I'm done

user back, tried this.

Hair seems smoother and more manageable, first time trying this.
Would recommend for sure

leave in a little conditioner after washing

Shoulder-length anons, how much oil do you use? Trying to figure out a good balance but don't wanna go overboard

I'm ugly and have no idea how to take care of my hair. All I can tell you is to pat your hair dry, don't rub with the towel and that no poo is not a meme.

Pirate
Pirate
Pirate
Pirate
Pirate
shanty for the arethusa

you are not ugly at all

do a ponytail, twist it on itself then roll it around it's base and put a hairband on the base
never too tight and never too often

stop putting keratin in your hair all the time dumbass, its not meant to be put daily, you can only put it every once in a while otherwise it destroys your hair, search it up

SLAAMMED

Question to the no-poo memers. How often do you wash your hair?

here

Almost everyday with just conditioner. No other products in it.

Also going on 3 years if you wanted to know.

Looks pretty neat. Which conditioner do you use?

Whatever cheap womens conditioner I decide to buy at the time. Using Herbal Essence "Hello Hydration" right now.

I have very long, curly blonde hair and I don't use shampoo.
Well, I do use a head and shoulders or equivillant anti-dandruff shampoo once every fortnight, but only really on the scalp and roots. I never shampoo the tips or midlength of my hair.
Condition like normal.
Oh and if you need to use a shampoo to get dandruff/products off your scalp, put oil in your hair first so you dont strip your natural oils with the shampoo as badly, seeing as the shampoo is busy dealing with the argon/cocnut oil.

My hair is thicc as fuck. I wash it every other day with conditioner, letting the conditioner stay in for atleast 3 min before I wash it out. Might get a haircut to thin out and fix split ends soon tho.

pic related

Looks good, how long did it take you to get to that length ?

Anyone have recc for those who excersize alot? Twice a day? I think no poo just conditioner wouldn't work out that well given that amount of sweat.

It would, you just shower after you sweat...

18-20ish months

how am I doin boys

Does anyone else have issues with the baby hair on the sides of you hair? It's usually much dryer and frizzier than the rest of my hair despite moisturizing with coconut oil and only using conditioner. What's a good way to deal with that?

I have this but on the crown of my head.
They don't look like baby hairs though they look like 80 year old hair. Really wiry and dry and thin. My hair all radiates out from the crown in a circle and then gets super thick. But the crown is a disaster. Have to wear a hat whenever I go outside, been doing that for like 15 years.

1. argan oil or tea tree oil (toxic and has to be diluted in a carrier oil). Use mousse and also get your hair layered.

2. Wear a beanie or a hat. Tie it up as soon as it's long enough. I've heard that having a haircut with short sides is one of the better hairstyles to have for growing out. Edvasian has a video on dealing with the awkward phase.

It's likely that going no poo for a while will have ur oily hair normalize. It's worth a try. Use a dry shampoo whenever you feel too oily (absorbs excess oil). Just slather a bunch of conditioner on and leave it till the end of the shower. Rinse with cold or lukewarm water.

I haven't cut my hair in like a year now lmao. Basically I never go out, my started to recede at the temples so I am a bit scared of getting my hair cut short now.

I don't want to look like some mess, and think I would prefer to have short hair, but as I say I am scared of the receding.

I am around mid 20's and the recession is probably getting on for something around Harry styles. I got the Propecia and some shampoos, I bought Rogaine but haven't taken the plunge yet, might not need it but it may thicken my hair up nice at the hairline at least.

Here are my findings:

-trim split ends from time to time
-always use a wide tooth comb
-never comb when wet
-use minimal shampoo on scalp only
-make sure both shampoo and conditioner are alcohol free, and avoid protein
-rinse with cold water
-pat dry do not wring or scrub
-when dry, if ends are flyaway, use a bit or argon oil on ends only
-avoid layering you don't want to look like your mom
-if you are not into metal just fucking cut your hair already you fag

>-never comb when wet

Why?

>-if you are not into metal just fucking cut your hair already you fag

Probably true. Thread.

because hair becomes elastic when wet. you comb it, and it stretches or breaks, and then is frizzed the fuck out when it dries.

Almost all of this is horrible fucking advice.

You're hot you fishing for compliments faggot

Haha you are fucking retarded, but that's ok it's your hair.

I can back my shit up, can you?

>trim split ends from time to time

this is self explanatory

>always use a wide tooth comb

less pulling stretching and breaking of hair

>never comb when wet

less pulling stretching and breaking of wet elastic hair

>use minimal shampoo on scalp only

getting the grease off of your scalp and leaving some on your hair is a good thing

>make sure both shampoo and conditioner are alcohol free, and avoid protein

alcohol removed natural oils from hair. dries it out. protein will cause your hair to be brittle and shitty

>rinse with cold water

causes the hair shaft to lay flat, and hair is less porous which means it retains it's shields of natural oils

>pat dry do not wring or scrub

being gentle on the hair is self explanatory

>when dry, if ends are flyaway, use a bit or argon oil on ends only

this is self explanatory

>avoid layering you don't want to look like your mom

unless you do you faggot..

>if you are not into metal just fucking cut your hair already you fag

shave your head metal's dead

You see, that's how arguing works. If you disagree you provide an argument.

Ah thanks, I won't do it anymore.

Metal is only dead if you listen to Metallica

They used to be ok. The cutoff point was black album. That's where it all headed downhill.

I heard that shit the first time heading to the beach to surf when I was 15.

The utter disappointment was incredible.

I'm growing mine and it has much more volume and thickness at the sides.
I had to go have it thinned to make it look ok. Your hair should never look like shit.

>>people with long hair suggesting no poo
pls god no

You probably look like a clown.

Please post a picture so we can verify.

You look nice

Can I pull this off if I have wavy hair?

just look at the fucking file name and ask your self if you should even try..

>Top-Knot-Bun-For-Long-Hair.jpg

?. I don't see anything about hair type

don't do this
ever

seconded

god that pisses me off

dumb and gay.

qt

I disagree, It's mostly very solid.

Are you getting alcohol confused with Sodium Laureth Sulfate?

>being gentle on the hair is self explanatory

I'd like to point out that this goes triple for curly hair. rubbing and wringing your hair messes up your locks and makes it look frizzy.

Older photo like 6 months so. My hair is longer but I just let it do its thing comb it sometimes wash it then give it a couple days then do it again

your hair looks nice, but I think you got some paint on your pullover :)

Anybody here just going all natural with their hair growing?
I am not a fan of wax or other products.
I will tolerate hair conditioner but have recently given up on shampoo.

My hair is wavy/curly when longish but I haven't had hair reach past my nose before so its all a first for me.
Looking forward to seeing how it grows.

Do you apply conditioner to your roots as well?

Honestly I find the best results is to not do much. Condition every now and then shampoo maybe once a week or every other week, I put coconut oil once a month and let it sit for about 30 min to an hour and rinse really well. I don't sweat much nor am I in a really dirty environment.

I wanted to grow my hair out and get that Like french peasant look or pirate look. Like not dress like them but have that style where I look like im outside and travel a lot. Idk how to explain it.

having long hair doesn't make you look more interesting or adventurous. Every normie has long hair now

Have fun being a greasy fuck

Not really. At least not in socal or greece.(where I live) I never see long hair

either way you're pretty handsome and it suits you

Well thank you though

Any Asians with long hair, or more specifically Koreans?

My scalp is in severe pain and all my hairs just protrude out, what am I supposed to do?

I have thicc as fuck wavy hair and I'm deciding whether or not to grow it out properly, I used to have it long but had it cut short about a year ago. It's currently just past the bottom of my ears.

If I leave it it looks untidy, what should I be doing to keep it in check?

i only wash my hair every four days and i think it's fine xd

I don't take any effort to avoid my roots but I don't focus them. I do massage my scalp with warm water though.

I'm no poo with medium to long length hair. why did you go back to shampoo? My hair is perfect as is, I cant imagine ever shampooing it again, it's not even greasey or oily at all.

What about smell?
I tried no poo and I really liked it except my hair started smelling.

How do you deal with it? Any tips on how to remove the smell without shampoo?

an excess of oil can take in odors and cause your hair to smell. Or so I've read. I've never actually noticed a persons hair having an odor outside the shampoo/conditioner they used after getting out of the shower.

Contrary to popular belief, no poo does not mean greasy hair. But some people who do no poo produce too much oil in which case you actually need to shampoo once in a while. Try once a week and adjust it as you see fit. Also invest in an actual good shampoo.

>fit. Also invest in an actual good shampoo.
Alright, thanks. Ye, my hair smells if I dont watch it twice weekly at least.

I have insanely thick hair tho, so probably contributes. But I'll lower down on my shampooing and find a good shampoo to buy. Got any recommendations?

I no poo

Haha thank you! Fun fact is that some guy was wearing this at my local skate park at 9 in the morning, I left and came back at 12 and he had left it so I took it and washed and gave it a home : )

Brush it once a week, don't use shampoo, coat it in conditioner so that it stays hydrated and clean, and rinse it with cold water so that it locks in moisture and looks shiny

Your hair looks too curly to brush.

How do I get that ruggedly messy, slightly damp look? Pic related is my normal hair if it helps (sorry for shit camera), right now it's way too neat.

gorgoroth. fuck yeah.

I've got curly hair too and I avoid brushing like the plague, I've got a jewfro halo of frizz as is, brushing only makes the frizz worse.

Why the fuck it look like your hair is advertising mcdonalds

>not renting your hair out to advertisers

Lmaoing at your life desu, enjoy paying full price for Big Macs.

what are you talking about
you're beautiful

u r cute

Hah you look like this dude I know in Denmark

im in the process of growing mine. i noticed that when i used shampoo and tried to grow my hair, my crown area would be brittle and dry. I have thick wavy/ curly hair and since I stopped using shampoo completely it has been amazing and theres no sign of dryness whatsoever and my hair is overall better looking/ healthier.

has anyone tried the apple cider vinegar rinse thing? does it work?

w2c t shirt