Decent chelsea boots?

I'm going on hospital placement in a month or so and I'm on the hunt for chelsea boots that I could realistically wear close to 40 hours a week. I was gonna go with Windsor Smith until I learnt how negatively they're viewed. My budget's about $200 USD but I'm based in Aus so somewhere that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for shipping would be great. Cheers mates

Other urls found in this thread:

asos.com/asos/asos-chelsea-boots-in-black-scotchgrain-leather-wide-fit-available/prd/7163166?CTAref=Recently Viewed&clr=Black
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

screw your budget and just get some rm's
picked up my first pair a few weeks ago, definitely worth it.

I'd say this, have been thinking of copping some for a while now.

Thanks fellas, I'm certainly considering it, they're exxy but I know long term it's the smart investment.

get the RMs you cunt

Screwed the budget, got the RM's. Cheers boysh

Don't get chelseas, my fuccboi faggot friend.

Too late mate, in any case what do you recommend?

Boysh? Whereabouts in Australia are you from lad?

How much did you pay for the RM chelseas and from where?

What are RM's?

Ronald McDonald ' s

can't really distinguish those from docs

I have "shitty" cheap COS chelsea boots from 2014 that I wear almost constantly. They look and feel great and are still in great condition (although I did get the soles redone in 2015).

>hospital placement
>40 hours a week

I dunno, dude. Is that really the time for wearing quality shoes? Seems like you'd want max comfort and support and max resistance to puke, blood, cum etc.

Melbourne.

400 bucks from nungar.com.au, fair bit less than retail price

I'm doing physio so I get to avoid most of the really nasty stuff. The odd patient might vomit but that's about it really. From what I've read RM's are pretty good on the comfort side of things but full on work boots aren't really appropriate for what I'm doing, hence buying something a bit dressier.

Do you enjoy physiotherapy stuff? Is it something people do because they enjoy it or is it mostly the decent pay?

Have you worked in leather soled shoes before?
(Not that all RM soles are leather.)

It has its ups and downs. If I had my time again I'd probably go into Osteopathy since it focuses a little bit more on my interests (musculoskeletal and sports) while physio is a bit broader but it's not a bad degree by any means. I can't speak for everyone but it's definitely not about the money for me, I've been poor as shit most of my time going through uni. Depending on what you do it can be a really rewarding career, or if you're so inclined you can just treat sore backs and necks until you're financially secure.

How's the sizing on RMs? I have fairly wide feet so should I order a half size up, or wider?

Can't say I have. Are there extra things to consider there?

all the osteo-specific parts of osteo are bs. pt is legit. and chiro is complete bs

Id get some softer leather shoes that aren't so narrow. Your feet will suffer in the chelseas. Yuketen leather stretches really well and my gats wore in really well. Chelsea boots sound awful if ur going to be on your feet 40 hours a week

Chiro is fine if you have a good practitioner. Really don't need it unless you're an athlete or excercise regularly enough where your muscle facsia & bones r misaligned

chiro is not a real thing. it just gives people strokes

Pretty much this. It's proven to be effective for lower back pain and literally nothing else

Yeah you're right, chiro is genuine quackery. I agree about osteo too, but they way they teach it is so much better than physio (at my uni at least) that it's hard not to think that the grass is greener

Go to a store and get measured, if that doesn't work, convert brannock (US) length down one and width down one as well. Alternatively print out the sizing chart on the RMW website.

I.e US 9D would be a RMW 8F. 10E (slightly wide) is a RMW 9G. Where G is RMs standard width but is about US E width wide.

If you don't have actual shoe sizes and just take a 9 in Nikes.... well shit.

The insurance premium for chiro's is 800 bucks a year. It's cheap because they rarely hurt people. And the stroke thing is more of a myth. There was one court case in CA, but they couldn't even prove that either the stroke or chiro was related. It's just a nice massage and adjustment.

Well Nike is weird, I'm like a 44.5 in Nike, but in reality I'm a 43 Eu, also 9 in CDB, so RM williams should be 9G?

what do you think about asos chelseas?
asos.com/asos/asos-chelsea-boots-in-black-scotchgrain-leather-wide-fit-available/prd/7163166?CTAref=Recently Viewed&clr=Black

inb4
>asos

if you want a massage, go to a massage therapist not some pseudo-science quack

don't get asos in house products let alone shoes

what are Mr Porter's common project leather chelseas like?

Apparently they're exclusive to MRP. not sure how they're much different from the reg ones.

I was thinking about getting asos Chelsea just to test the look, but that's all its worth since the quality will be shit. Try New Republic for cheap ones.

are you some kind of fucking numbskull?

you want a chelsea boot, which is based on the australian work boot, so that you can work 40h a week in australia in them?

how about you get some australian work boots?

You might do well checking out Blundstones first

For the price of some RM's you might as well get SLP wyatts or cheaper, better shaped ones like loake mitchum or story et fall

He's working in a hospital, he's not a tradie you fucking raging autist.

Blundstones are shit.
They used to be alright, but after they closed their aussie factory and moved to china and thailand for production quality has plummeted. Prices remained the same, of course.

They don't last anywhere near as long as they used to. Also, it seems that every dumbfuck proto-hipster or whatever the australian equivalent of that is, has been wearing them.

If you want an australian work boot, buy an actual australian work boot, not a chinese piece of shit. Look at Redback and Rossi.

I was under the impression RMW still makes their boots in SA? just their other shit like clothes was foreign made
Will concede that quality has going down tho

Bludstones are foreign made as well now

>I was under the impression RMW still makes their boots in SA?
Their laceup boots are all foreign (Romania I think). Premium chelseas are still made in Adelaide (for now).

As for their workboot model (stockyard?), I didn't list it because from what I remember it cost significantly more than the redback/rossi/blunnies type boots you find on tradies, farmers and other prole types and thus not an equivalent to the ones being discussed in that post. IIRC they did have a cheapo workboot kind with a fused sole like the aforementioned prole boots but I'm sure that was imported. Dunno if they still sell that model.

Basically, if you want that kind of budget chelsea boot aka "australian work boot", you can do better than bludnstone for the money. Unfortunately, despite being shitty now compared to how to how they used to be, Blundstone do have one particular last/model that is distinctly not workboot-like. It's like a budget dress boot (a budget RMW). It's an attractive enough boot that looks slightly better than the Rossi equivalent (ballarat? ballantine?). Redback are work boots only, no dressier models. The blundstone dressier model has a chisel-esque toe. That's all I remember about it.

They look like decent enough for a workboot, but as an aesthetic for a chelsea boot, its terrible imo.

fpbp

SLP

nice hat dickhead

yeah what's up with the hat

>Wearing these gay Chelsea boots and not cowboy boots.
Kill yourselves you low t beta cucks

100% m8

It protects my head from the sun

Why would you get chelsea boots for hospital placements? Fellow medfag here and I haven't seen, heard or know of anyone who would wear that to clinical placement.

They're just footwear. Presumably you can't just go barefoot right?