Watch Thread: Unhealthy Obsession Edition

Last one has gone to the great catalog in the sky. Post watches.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/282264313105?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Posted this last thread. Someone said "he actually bought one." Don't know why. Please inform me of my mistake.

Anyone here ever used trustytime? Poorfag here and I've always wanted an Omega. If I could get a decent replica for less than $200 I might be down.

>Poorfag

It's a meme watch

fuck.

posting a few Casio images

it's because DW watches have cheap movements and you've paid a lot whereas on Aliexpress you get cheap fakes for very little money

why are these so appealing to me?
I own one of the metal ones but I could see myself making a collection. they're so cheap too

I own the A158 specifically, cool watch

Aren't the fakes heavily frowned upon though?

I'm gonna guess you just like the rectangular shape and the practical utilitarian aspect of a multifuctional watch.

not really since DW watches have no particular value as a watch brand. you could only say that if you'd be looking to buy a Rolex fake or any other luxury watch brand fake. DW is a massmarket watch brand so nobody would care.

I think it's the nostalgic feel they have going on

good point.

as opposed to smartwatches they seem more approachable I guess.

enough pics for now.

Because you paid $230 for a $5 watch.

>tfw Digiborgs not only have a James Bond tax, but also a Metal Gear tax
Thanks Kojangles.

Get a broken one. All in all, mine cost me slightly north of 250 with a spare case in great condition. The ones you want are the ones where nothing appears on the screen or where the screen gets faded. Usually, the only problem with these is a bit of junk on the inside and four dead capacitors.

I should add, without the spare case, it was 150 for a mostly working one and a case in near perfect condition.

I am looking for a watch. I was interested in Timex Weekender but they seem really big. Do you know any smaller similar watches?

S N K
8 0 9

Minimalist analog watches under $30?

Which one should I cop?

I found this while looking for deals on Braun watches, so this might fit what you're looking for.
ebay.com/itm/282264313105?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

random user, I like left more :^)

I can't pick at random they are completely different ;)

heads up - the fake ones have extremely fragile glass so take care when you wear them.

Thoughts on this? Its like $15 and I dont want a fancy watch.

prefer the square gshocks desu

is this a GW-M5610?

it has everything going for it
it's consistent, timeless, practical, and the proportions are just right

left

Left

i'm gonna be the only one to say right.

Left

you fucking kill yourself then, tasteless idiot

im so curious as to the quality of these things that I might as well just buy one

Well can you at least tell me why I'm wrong?

Left.
it's less obnoxious looking.

I kinda like this.

too bad I'm left-handed so no normal analogs for me.

go to amazon and check if you can find 33-36mm case diameter watches.

there is a cheap ass Casio in that size but it's mostly plastic and kinda worse than the weekender in terms of features. Swatch normal gents models exist too at 33mm but they tick loudly, just like Timex.

my casio mq 24 is pretty small and has lasted me a long time so far despite being plastic, i'd recommend it

that's good to hear it lasts long. I never owned that watch because it was just too simple for me. but yeah, I think it's still might be comfy to wear at least.

posting this analog casio with fluted bezel that I really like.

Right

Latest purchase

post in your wrist

so bad
screams daddy issues to me

It reminds me of Bape for some reason.

I likey cos I can be chinky bape uni student nip nip nong git out of my rice feeld GI whitey

If there were ever a watch to be called "The most nigger-ish watch" this would be it

Looking to buy this when I can find a deal.

Is the Omega Seamaster Veeky Forums? Got a new job and a huge sign on bonus so going to reward myself with my first true luxury watch. Thinking of going with this over Rolex. Thoughts Veeky Forums?

Seamasters are great, less 'ostentatious' than Rolex. I'm saying that bc even though Rolex make really good watches, they are often perceived as being a bit wankery. Also check out the others in the SM line, aqua terra and PO are both great watches

Thanks for the input!

Reposting since last thread got archived with no answer with my message being the last one.

I've been looking for a dress watch and I am almost desperate. You are my last resort Veeky Forums

* Considered options:

- pic related
- Bering 11938-000
- casio MTP-1183PA-7A (but it's probably too small for me)
- casio MTP-V005D-7A (does not really dress that well)

Also something in the lines of Daniel Wellington would be interesting, but I don't think their price is fair. Unbranded replicas are out of the question because I don't want to be perceived as that kind of guy and several colleagues wear real DWs.

* Desired characteristics:

My wrist size is 6.3 inches. So I think the perfect size would be 39 or 40 mm.

I just want something as simple as possible that does not have extra stuff.

- Only three hands and I don't mind if the numbers are also missing.
- A watch with a metal or a leather strap.
- All colours are welcome except for gold or rose gold.
- Something that will last at least 5 years (I take good care of my things anyway)

My budget is < 90 € but I would really really want to stay below 60 €

It seems the simpler the watch the more expensive they are! I've seen some really hideous things in my price range that would be decent if they didn't have so much additions. I thought it was reasonable that the less stuff a watch has the cheaper it would b

This is a casio I really like and is 40mm. You can get it for ~45€ which is in your budget.
Model is MTP-1303L-1AVEF.

Fellow Veeky Forumss might have other suggestions.

honestly, casio is a well regarded brand and if you like it and it suits your budget, go for it
plus it should last you a while
the question is, do you care about the movement? bc quartz will almost always be cheaper

Quartz + batteries is the best that suits my budget and I don't see any benefit from more complex movements.

Opinions? Looks like a pretty good price. On other websites I could only find versions that were 170+

Thinking about getting a seiko diver watch, maybe put it on a canvas strap. Something like this.

Thoughts? It came with the shittiest watch band imaginable (literally had to bend a solid piece of metal into a round shape) so I just used one I had laying around. I love the watch but I'm not to sure about the new watch band.

Thoughts? I got it as a gift a long time ago and get a lot of complements about it. Only complaint I have is that the band is made of silicone so it gets dusty and sticks to my wrist in hot weather.

if you want a dress watch you'd be better off with a 36-38mm on your wrist. for dress watches you want smaller and slimmer.

where are you trying to find a good deal? how much do you wanna pay?

i'd change the band

Any suggestions?

black nato

get a cheap fake casio from ioffer or aliexpress and use that band.

I'm just looking on eBay and Amazon. Different sellers pop up every day on Amazon. I'm hoping to get it under the $400 mark after shipping.

that watch is more of a billboard for fossil than a watch by itself. awful.

That's kinda fair I guess. Do you know of any other watches with the same style?

what is the most utilitarian digital watch lads?

try higuchi my friend. they should have it in stock soon. :)

Casio gwm5610, or f91w. best bang for your buck

Just ordered one of these to replace my casio.

I like it

Decent looks, cheap Chinese quartz movement. I wore mine through highschool and it worked well until the genuine leather strap disintegrated.

Any room for some Swatch love here?

Bought a Hamilton from Jomashop that doesn't work. Requested a form to return it. Nine days and two attempted contacts later, still nothing. And apparently they wont be answering calls today because of religious reasons. I'm getting pretty damn frustrated with them.

swatches are for fag europeans and beta nu-males who sip on indiebrew kombucha and listen to indie pop on vinyl with their faggot friends in portland.

get a man's watch like a rolex

not really. I'm inclined to say Casio a158 because it's rectangular too but I guess you want analog. pic related is a square analog Casio (mtp-1234pl-1aef)

you should check amazon for rectangular watches and see what you can find. the search feature has that option.

gonna post a few.

or this Lotus (Festina) one here. they got a few rectangular ones as well.

another Casio

lotus again

I think I have a love-hate relationship with swatch.
like what good are the unique designs if standard gent models tick too loudly? and then the lack features for the irony models as well. barely any WR, no lume and no mineral or sapphire glass but still 100 bucks at least.

>europeans
>suddenly living in portland

Good points. Luckily I managed to get that blue one for only $55 new. And yeah, the Gent watches tick like crazy

nice pro-keds ;)

So I've got to ask. Why all the citizen hate? I've noticed after following a few of these threads that there's not a lot of love for the brand around here. Is it the look? The movement?

weekender chrono if you wanna sleep

Just got this today. pretty dank

You think americunts know geography?

Thoughts?
Want to buy my first rolex and want something that's luxurious without being obnoxious and/or a pimp watch.
Are the diamonds too much?