/utg/ - urban techwear general

Join the discord; discord.gg/QBAf7jH
Techwear refers to garments with advanced technical properties; water resistance, light weightedness, cuts for extra range of motion are all examples of what comes under the techwear umbrella. The general consensus of the wider community is that when it comes to aesthetics, techwear is an umbrella term encompassing many different styles, from minimalism to cyberpunk, all united by the common interest in functionality.

Other urls found in this thread:

firmamentberlin.com/acronym/28832/acronym-p24-s-hd-gabardine-articulated-trouser.html
darksidesf.com/collections/acronym/products/acronym-p9-s-etaproof-7-pocket-pant-olive
amazon.com/Nike-Conditions-Technical-Shorts-805559/dp/B01D8VQ6BO/
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fit lately

Summer time boys, get those tecc chubbies out.

copped a 84LAB Adidas x Kazuki Karuishi Fishing Jacket. From my review on the discord:

:b:opped a 3L jacket by adidas, the 84LAB fishing jacket. Has 8 pockets at the front, c_change waterproof membrane (with temperature sensitive moisture permeabilty) and a drawstring around the middle. it's a light jacket with extremely well water and wind resistance and features two zips are the front to allow as such. this should be done without tightening the drawstrings. retail was $580 which is steep, but I luckily found it for a mere €85 on ebay, worn three times. (like new, no signs of wear).

I'm a fan of the m65 styling because it's flattering when on the body, the various methods of tightening create a nice silhouette and it fits comfortably.

To add: conter intuitively: the zippers are NOT waterproof zippers. However, the construction of the jacket is so that the zipper never see the light of day: two overlapping pieces of fabric along the front zipper fold over the front zipper to stop any water from reaching it. The red area in the pic is one of these hidden zippers: the pocket is tucked away behind layers of fabric to prevent any water from reaching a potential non-waterproof part.

top tier fit cuz not all black bullshit

cop / not

ID on shoes please? I'm aware they're Nike.

Hey just wondering if anyone has a recommendation techwear style headphones/ear buds

>techwear style
What does he mean by this? Warren

w2c pants
I am a techwear pleb

>techwear style
>What does he mean by this?
excess non-functional cables/straps and overpriced

w2c similar pants?

I'm getting a new pair of shoes next week that aren't strictly techwear, but I need something functional and minimalistic to go with them (the shoes are a pair of black Vivobarefoot ones that I wanted to try out, pic related)

Ideally the pants would be tapered, or at least be skinny towards the ankles to keep them in check and in line with the shoes.

Cool television hat w2c

w2c shoes

Does anyone have ID on these pants?

just bumping this whole thread. with love.

fuck bro that is fresh

how do you wear this shit in the summer without cooking in your own sweat just asking

we don't. Airism, Climacool, Sweat wicking fabrics all have their place here too.

Alan Walker core

does anyone have recommendations for eyeglasses that can fit with this aesthetic?

At what point is a jacket made out of technical materials considered techwear? I just ordered a Marmot Precip 2 for practicality and savings. It's not a statement piece on its own of course, but could it be styled into a techwear fit?

it doesn't have enough stupid worthless features and is too practical to be considered techwear. sorry

lol in that case I think I'll live

ID on jacket?

fuck anyone know where I could pick them pants up?

looks like J47A-GT

Those are P23TS-S
Hard to come by. Best bet would be sufu or grailed.

found you two close alternatives but they don't have that nice cropped cut
firmamentberlin.com/acronym/28832/acronym-p24-s-hd-gabardine-articulated-trouser.html
darksidesf.com/collections/acronym/products/acronym-p9-s-etaproof-7-pocket-pant-olive

>firmamentberlin.com/acronym/28832/acronym-p24-s-hd-gabardine-articulated-trouser.html
I very much appreciate that user!

w2c/id on pants?

is techwear even possible with shorts? Most people live in places where it's 90 degrees out and when it rains pants instantly become soaked from either sweat or rain.

anyone knows id on that jacket?

Does Harrington jackets goes well with techwear?

Acg shorts with...

y-3 planet tshirt in gray

Why is it that so much techwear inspo features gook manlets?

bitter menswear faggot who is sad his gay tryhard aesthetic is dying detected :^)

How to improve a cargo pants into a techwear style?

taper them, cheap a tailor

wtc shoes? or just name

those are P13-S i think

yo can anyone rec me a good budget windbreaker?

theyre some y 3's

Kyujo low in black

Thank you user. At least i have a good basis for a style. Are there any good options under $200?

last season's. one left in stock.
amazon.com/Nike-Conditions-Technical-Shorts-805559/dp/B01D8VQ6BO/

shilling my shit:
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
if you are cool going off grailed I can cut you bit better deal

that's one fire windbreaker, i would've copped it but really can't do 150

What's your budget?
Shoot me message on grailed anyway, I can probably recommend something.

I need a fresh 5panel made from something tech like.
any ideas ?

This is so shit in techwear terms, absolutely no function whatsoever. It's not even any kind of sport material, it's just a hoodie with cargos

This is not techwear

*except for the mastermind sneakers
it has the techwear silhouette without any of the requisite materials

vans dont work otherwise good

not posting this as a "sick tech wear fit", but i just wear $20 cargo pants and compression tights as a pretty easy way to achieve the techwear silhouette

nah.

how many hadjis post here. I wonder sometimes.
the weather nice in dearborn today?

meh lol
Im white? i live outside toronto lol its just a scarf bro lol

the weather actually is nice in dearborn today

w2c these boots?

Are there tech fits when its hot out? Cuz its not always raining and 38 degrees where I am in the summer

can anyone link cheap techwear sites, i want to know sites, im want to explore this style of fashion but all im seeing is very expensive stuff

also can someone create a new link for the discord

seconded, anyone got an id on the kicks?

>boots
>techwear
nah

I think they're visvim
why not? boots can be
>waterproof
>ankle support
>extra grip
I don't like boots with the techwear aesthetic personally but they can definitely work

hat id?

nice hair

Nike air max 1 acg

>waterproof
>ankle support
>extra grip
all done better by sneakerboots
boots are a low tech option and look like shit with techwear brands

Don't.

I would cop an alpha industries flight jacket. Its easier to mix with with techwear for the skinhead look. The GOAT if you really wants that tech/skinhead look is to mix a bit of tech/skin and terrorwave look
t. a modern antifascist skinhead

Anyone recognize the shoes in this image?

It's an End product picture.

Big fan of Arcteryx stash. You know it is going to keep you dry.

I like the shemagh style you got there

>tfw you are a short and stocky white guy so you can't be tech

Nike Air Max 90 Utility

Can someone post another invite link to the discord, if it's actually active?

Picture unrelated

what do you mean? i see asians posing all the time.

asians are short and have thin/girl-like bodies

jacket id?