Is showing your faith effay?

Is showing your faith effay?

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c4a1.htm
pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise-social-and-political-views/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

faith isn't a fashion statement. Wear it if its true to you.

the immigrants in my gym do it all day long. dk my man. if religion is important for you do it

sure but i don't know why you'd be wearing a rosary

It's really pretentious and silly. It's like wearing a t-shirt with "I'm an atheist" printed on it.

this

A rosary is for prayer. You do not wear a fucking rosary.

You can wear a rosary around your wirst, you know this right? The whole point of the thing is counting the beads.

you guys were saying?

I don't think you're catholic. I am.

The rosary is sacramental. It is not to be worn as jewelry, maybe a crucifix would be more up OP's alley.

thats not intended as a show of faith its clearly a poor attempt to make it fashionable.

I was born to an italian family, Im not unfamiliar with the catholic church. Rosaries are prayer beads. Its perfectly acceptable to wrap it around your personal bible or wear it around your wrist. The whole point of prayer beads is to count the individual beads. Its not holy water or communion wine, its meant to be used by the individual person at their leisure.

fyi rosaries are also sold in the form of rings you can wear

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c4a1.htm

Also rosaries arent a sacrament, theyre a relic of devotion. Saying you cant wear a rosary because its a sacrament is like saying you cant wear an image of Mary because its a sacrament, its doubly wrong. Its neither a sacrament, nor unwearable. It doesnt make sense to use a rosary as a necklace, but it makes complete sense to carry it on your person, which the best way to do would be around the wrist.

It is until you're taken hostage by Isis when you're on a plane one day and they decide to kill you first because you're christian

Don't they go for atheists first

That's gay

>having faith
>effay

Only if it's Muslim
Only then can it be effay
>"This is our generation"

>Caring about what others think of you more than spreading the word of Christ.

You think this proves anything? Dude, it's a fashion show. The guy that put this outfit together is probably a gay Jew that hates Christianity for being against gay marriage and wants to troll them.

religion and fashion have little in common.
so, not really, no. because faith is about something else and not what stupid normies think about you when they see you pray.

fpbp

>this is how christian looks
;_;

>superstition
>in 2017
Be ashamed.

>unironically an atheist
>any year

Atheism is about as successful an adaptation as colon cancer in terms of self-propagation and intellectual and artistic inspiration. Enjoy clinging to your failed ideology.

>atheism
>ideology
13 year old detected

You're a fucking retard, can't tell if you're trolling, what the fuck has non belief got to do with artistic inspiration you tard?

>atheism
>not an ideology
Yeah great suggestion, too bad its wrong in practice. In practice, the majority (a large majority in fact) of atheists are progressive leftists, and this bears out in voting patterns.
pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise-social-and-political-views/
So I dont actually give a shit what high handed consideration you give your 'enlightenment', but its wrong. Ideology is a lens through which you view the world, a system of ideas of and beliefs that you shape you perceptions around, and atheism invariably tends towards a certain set of beliefs and ideas. It is an ideology in function. Cry more.
>t. Commbieblocks

you're my hero for the day, stay woke

it isn't a damn fashion statement and it's easy to tell when someone does it as such

the vatican is heretical fyi

just because most atheists are leftists doesn't mean that atheism is an ideology
atheism is not a set of doctrines, it's simply the belief that there is no God or gods
the majority of people will always want a set of pre-made rules instead of thinking for themselves, doesn't mean that all atheists are like that

I mean yes, but more because they worship people and sold the papacy than because of the Catechisms of the Church. I find it strange that Protestants dont teach their kids more about Thomas of Aquinas or the value of Confession and other stuff from Augustine. The whole sola fide thing has been taken a bit far imo.
Its a facet of ideology, and the ideologies which it tends to be built into are pretty clear. Modern atheism is at best, a rejection of superstition. It rarely rejects even the underlying metaphysics behind such superstitions except in the clearest minds of the movement, and functions more as a tool for the rejection of inherent meaning. Its exploited by postmodernists to reject objective truth and free will. You can argue that atheism is not an ideology and in regards to personal disbelief in a God I have no huge problem with it, thats between you and your god (or lack thereof), though I certainly think gnostic atheism is a silly belief. But arguing that ideological atheism, with all its attendant implications, is not the monolithicly predominant norm is outright disingenuous. And I think its certainly telling that any given person could have predicted Atheism+ 30, 40 or 100 years ago. Nietzsche accurately predicted the outcome of unrepentant atheism, for example. To me the historical record is clear. Atheism as a societal trend or value leads us away from secularism, humanism and ambition. Hedonism and narcissism are its creeds, and degradation and immolation its fruits.

To sum up, using a bible verse I find wise.
>Matt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

>wearing a crucifix is "spreading the word of christ"
yup, atheists everywhere are converting because some fuck wore a necklace

back to mu gayboy

Yes
See

"You won't go to hell for wearing a rosary" is not a justification for wearing a rosary.
I'm trying to think of an analogy and nothing good occurs. It's kind of like you're saying this:
>I have a head and it gets cold and wet in the rain. So I can wear a fedora.
Well, yes, you CAN wear a fedora. But you shouldn't do that because you will look stupid and terribly un/fa/.

Wearing a rosary is like that but much more severe. You COULD wear it but everyone will think you look stupid because it's not a done thing. Get a crucifix or a St. Benedict medallion, or something.

praying hands emoji

>arguing about religion
Whether your religious or an atheist, you look like a dick.
Leave your "opponent" alone, they're just living their life how they see fit
JUST LIKE YOU

atheists are the most butthurt and superficial cocksuckers that "exist".

imagine having a purely materialistic perspective of the world and tell me that it isn't the saddest rancid horseshit ever. you can choose to be a human being or act as if you're a fucking robot. this shitty hyperlogic and hyperrationalist approach to everything should be outlawed. and then they wanna turn church into their own idea of a fucking ((("""science"""))) club when that was never the purpose of church and religion in the first place.
there is a correlation between autism and atheism on top of that and it's usually the fucking autistic personality type who isn't a warm person at all because all they care about is their STEM degree or some shit. plus, rejecting God leads to a life without virtue, they are less likely to have children and less likely to do good for the world. they are often from the far-left and they try to replace God with Big Government as if that giant vacuum can be filled so easily. on top of that, not believing in afterlife or God is not only unhealthy but takes away one of the biggest motivators in life that you could have easily. they also pretend not to be conflicted about their own death which is especially retarded because this is exactly where religion comes into the picture. they are not to be trusted.