Going out for the day

>Going out for the day
>"What are you so dressed up for? Who are you trying to impress?"

that's what happens when you look like you're trying too hard

or when your room mates are slobs

I guarantee nobody randomly comes up to you and says this while you're just "going out for the day"

you're probably just some autist who wore full rick to your undergrad college classes lol

i've had a gas station attendant ask me why i was so dressed up.

Literally wearing a Nike "pro combat" polyester shirt jeans and boots

Horrible outfit kek

dont wear those cringey shirts unless you want to look like a boyscout

>gas station clerk says something about my outfit
>go home and make Veeky Forums post about it

This actually happened to me at the office. All I wore was a buttoned shirt, wool pants and ankle boots.

Seriously, some people are really un/fa/ they thought dressing normal is dressing up.

I've literally never gotten this, but whenever something like this happens (i.e. someone implies you're pretentious), turn it around on them and ask them why they have such shit taste.

Most of the time people do it because your taste makes theirs look like shit (say, you watch art-house and they watch dumb action movies) and they went to put you down to relieve their self-consciousness.

>why do you buy nice clothes, you don't have any friends or go out

Well I went shooting then got gas then came home

1) you sound like a pretentious, insecure cunt
2) arthouse is garbage and Id rather watch Saving Private Ryan than Greed

THIS

its so annoying because this happens to me constantly

Do not do this. It makes you look like an asshole.
Just say you "like to look good" and take it as a compliment. It'll make you seem friendly and unpretentious.

>thought dressing normal is dressing up.
Veeky Forums types are social ladder climbers, you either met someone who's insecure or an autist.

>turn it around on them and ask them why they have such shit taste

top b8

I seriously doubt this is heard by anyone on Veeky Forums judging by the waywt-threads.

Waywt is mostly /soc/ and the like.

I used to post in them daily when I was in my early 20's and wore mostly Antwerp 6 and or designers who were in their maturation as a brand/aesthetic

So never Rick, never damir etc

Since I'm in southern California not new York.

And the kids who wore pod shorts weren't typically college educated

As someone who used to try too hard, this is so fucking true. You will graduate from "why are you so dressed up" to "looking good, user" one day.

1) You spend your time around unstylish and undesirable people
2) You can't dress for the right context
3) You had an interview that day and didn't have the sense to switch out of your suit with a spare set of clothes in the car you should have

Pick one

welcome to "fashion" board you fucklord

What kind of cuck brings a change of work to the office everyday and changes out of work attire /hangs the suit up just so people who make 30k a year and own like no assets won't make a comment.

They're poor gas station and toll booth operators for a reason

If you care about what some min wage slave thinks of you you need to reevaluate your goddamn life

Maybe its not you who changed, but the people around you.

go misunderstand some godard some more

just shoot all normies in the fucking head. maybe that will impress them the right way.

OP sounds like a fucking sperg who doesn't work in an office and definitely doesn't wear a suit

He's dressed improperly like a teenage fuckhead who doesn't understand his environment

correct response