The most Veeky Forums guitar?

not looking at sound, the circuiting and whatnot, post the prettiest/ugliest guitars you could find.

pic somewhat related, i prefer jaguar's look to mustang's for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZShwHRCwy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zemaitis, by far.

beauty

fuck no
Gretsch is the way to go, jaguar or mustang are pretty Veeky Forums too

fedora of the guitar world

No such thing. Just get a squire bullet. Literally no significant difference in guitars. All the sound comes from the way you mix and the type of chords and notes you play

Wasting time thinking about guitars instead of music is for peasents. Source: own multiple guitars

yeah i think so too, people think that because the body has a bigger curve it's going to sound completely different and you can't/can use it for certain genres.

white strat, and only in that color

These are mine. I think they're all pretty good looking.

>Literally no significant difference in guitars.
Yes there is. You must own some pretty shitty guitars if you honestly think that.
Crafstmanship, quality of the hardware, the way it's setup etc. makes a huge difference to the sound and the way the guitar performs.

The white penguin is absolutely stunning.

some people like buying good looking guitars the same way others would buy a good looking car or clothing etc.

I'll dump the guitars i've always liked
I've always wanted one with matching headstock.

Slim bodied les pauls goldtop are a the best, even better with p90's and no pickguard

This is the REAL Veeky Forums guitar.

No you've just never actually tried a cheap guitar or you just can't play. My 100$ strat squire bullet sounds as good as my 2000$ les Paul and sounds exactly the same as my 1000$ fender strat

The only difference in quality is my squire will probably fall to pieces faster than the others. In terms of sound and playability it's exactly the same thing. Getting a good tone is 70% mix and recording technique and 30% skill 0% guitar type

Wow, you must be deaf then

mac demarco recorded 2 albums with a $15 thrift store guitar.

prob lp. I have a rickenbacker but, i wish i got a studio lp instead. Turns out im good at playing leads and dont like chordy shit and it can be cumbersome. Ricks are prob the most versatile guitar though

60s Italian models can't be beat

I hate that color, but Gretsch is the best.

Strats

Lol yes there is. Everything from neck construction (bolt on vs neck through) to wood types to hardware (bridge type, pickups, even pot quality) influences the final sound. Hell even finish differences can influence tone.

Yikes lol

Weak fucking bait

You probably can't hear the difference in tone between bridge and neck pickups either, huh?

i have a daphne blue one thats nice

Wood and finish do jack shit. The electronics and construction are more important and everything else you can chalk up to placebo. And the amp/pedals are 90% of the sound anyway.

t. dude that drank the koolaid for years

hes talking about the body style you absolute fucktard.

im partial to esquires myself. jags are cool too tho

i think maple is easier to play on than rosewood but thats just my opinion

Any guitar can be an Veeky Forums guitar, Jack White played on a plastic guitar that was sold by sears in the 60s.

Just as long as it's set up right, any guitar can work for you.

>tfw Ibanez wizard necks play like butter but none of their superstrats strike your fancy

>repeating the same bushit ideas marketers push

Lol

You are the target market

This you can always spot a poser when they have thousands of dollars worth of guitars but don't even own a condenser mic. Guitars are vanity items

seconded

This is either the sour grapes of the poors, you don't have a lot of experience with a lot of different guitars, or this is just pure and simple bait. I'm hoping it's the second because you sound truly ignorant. I suggest you go to a guitar center, find a small amp that has a good neutral clean channel (without being a dickhead you can use a fender champion series and turn it up enough to really hear it), and try out a range of guitars. If you're the guy that said your bullet strat sounds just like your les paul then I don't know what to tell you. You just have no ear.

Completely false

>Completely false
false.

Eastwood and Gretsch make pretty Veeky Forums instruments

This is my next acquisition

no competition

>post the ugliest guitars you could find.
user delivers

>Gibson SG
>ugly guitar
Pick one

>relic guitar
>pretty guitar
Pick one.

trippy tiesco/harmony type models

If it's a genuine vintage guitar then there's nothing wrong with the relic look. The new stuff that's made to look beat up is cheesy though. That SG is vintage though.

you must be a full on retard to both genuinely think that all guitars sound the same, and then spend $2000 and $1000 dollars on separate guitars which you then compare to a shit one?

What is wrong with you?

(that's assuming that you aren't a pre teen lying on the internet)

>be smart
>post a Nash aged Gibson and claim it is original.
Pick again.

I play pic related (A Squier VM Jaguar)

Is it more or less Veeky Forums than playing a Fender Jag? Is it Veeky Forums at all?

That's a nice guitar. Is less Veeky Forums than a second hand Fender Jag, but still dope.

GOD TIER

>Rickenbacker 330 in Jetglo/Fireglo
>Mustang in Seafoam or Surf green

GOOD TIER

>ES-335 in gloss black
>Anything Gretsch

MID TIER

>Telecaster in Butterscotch blonde

SHIT TIER

>Les Pauls

CANCER TIER

>Anything metal looking (Ibanez etc)

>Anything Gretsch
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=DZShwHRCwy8

Rickenbacker is the fedora of guitars

jag and tele are the most Veeky Forums

the squier isnt as Veeky Forums as a fender but thats only to other guitar nerds. impressing art girls is ez with a jag if you can play some smiths or joy division

this

i have a harmony silhouette and i love it

pic related not mine

oops here's pic

As long Since it's playable.

They're are some that are so low quality you can't play them like first act or the lower end squier jags and teles

Won't hold tune, string snaps, saddles bending on the lower end bullets

>impressing art girls is ez with a jag

Well that's the most important ;) Thanks m8

>he doesnt know about the walnut Rick

any kind of vox teardrop

How many millenials are using an eraser to remove the ink on a squier and buying fender stickers off eBay to impress Tumblr sluts in your 1 bed room apt?

i have owned and still own a lot of guitars.
my favourite three:
white stratocaster
sunburst jazzmaster

my most recent purchase is pic related

most of the guitars in this thread are overplayed, youve gotta find your own style

the triple threat bigsby firebird in this thread is gorgeous. if anyone is actually in the music scene they'll know that 60s guitars are overplayed as fuck, everyone's buying shitty teisco or eastwood guitars, they just look and sound dumb as hell. white stratocaster's are boring as hell, they sound weak as shit too. i always knew my strat was tinny but had no idea the extent until i compared with my new firebird.

also the most Veeky Forums guitar is the Gretsch Bo Diddley in white. prove me wrong

enjoy blud, im gonna cop a jag once im bored of my tele. turn that reverb all the way up and make them think you're brooding and sad so they'll tongue your boner.

if u learn to play a little bit of bass too they'll flip cos ur "multi-instrument"

post video of you playing.

My girls

why did you buy a firebird instead of an explorer? the explorer is infinitely better looking

Lol no

I bet you like metal you fucking degen

no im bad at guitar so i play post punk, i own a telecaster u doofus

i just think the firebird looks like an explorer with downs.

post a fit faggot

overplayed, and looks ugly. look into the Vox Phantom they're much better
ugly
rickenbacker's sound disgusting, might aswell play an acoustic. but walnut is the best colour for a guitar, that goes for any guitar, but i wish they made rickenbacker walnut match body/neck like nice fenders or gibsons
jags are overplayed, kudos for not fully committing and buying a fender, surf green / baby blue is the nicest fender colour
the best Harmony guitar is the Harmony h78, the headstock on that looks ugly as fuck, it looks uncomfortable to play and buying a case for that faggy piece of shit would be a hassle
boring

just buy a Gretsch duo jet, or buy a different Eastwood
nice

everybody has a 60s b stock guitar at the moment, they all look ugly. there's a reason they're B stock
nice but johnny marr had a one of a kind guitar which was even cooler, cant remember the name
this isn't a guitar its a 6 string bass

ugly

matching headstock is cool but not in red, green or black
boring, white strat's are for people who can't play guitar
these look cool when not being played, body is too big
beautiful
ibanez will never make an Veeky Forums guitar, neither will PRS
hideous
if gretsch is the way to go, arch top guitars are not the way to go
too elaborate, you'd have to be a professional to pull this off or you'd look like an enormous faggot. imagine playing an intimate gig where the guitar is worth as much as the PA

on a side note: Jamie Hince has a nice collection of Veeky Forums guitars, like the Hofner 176 (hofner's are Veeky Forums as fuck)

because i'm not a metal head, and i dont want to look like a spastic
no vid cos im like 200 miles from my guitar :( and missing it

ok i guess in context its not that bad but i still think all alone the explorer is better looking. wot do u guys play

and buy a flying v and take the fucking reigns dude dont be a pussy

man i wanted a bo diddley or a hofner 176, had a hard enough time convincing everybody i knew that i wasn't crazy for wanting a firebird, in london everybody plays the same 4 guitars so i wanted something different, the explorer looked uncomfortable as hell, i never thought i'd buy a gibson ever so i wanted the slimmest neck i could find

flying V's look cool when being played, but have you ever seen a flying V case? imagine me on the tube with a V shaped case i'd look feel like an idiot, i'm having trouble finding a hard case for the firebird as it is, my old workhouse the white stratocaster is beat up as fuck, barely works, i guess they call that a relic

have you seen the devvo guitarist's guitar? that guy had serious balls to play that

in my band i guess we play psych rock but im trying to change that, i have my own solo hobby recording pretty much all genres of music pre-1980, i really like surf music atm

thats funny dude i literally bought my tele to play surf rock. the devo bassist has a nutty ass bass too. im from seattle so beat up old fenders are like a way of life up here unless you're a metal babby and play a fucking ibanez or whatever. i want a v one day just for the meme but i could never take the thing anywhere either lmfao.

you look like david kilgour from the clean

nice send me some contact info from u i'd be interested to hear your stuff, there are so many guitars id love to play as a joke, they do some funny stuff like caravan or dennis the menace guitars

i get jarvis cocker from pulp more than anything

this would be cool if it wasn't on the most boring guitar in the universe.

you mean a zemaitis?

what's the middle left one?

>tfw owning a Teisco EP-8T
I just love those switches.

Agreed. The Harmony H78 is so fucking sexy.

Choo choo!
Sexy mutherfucker coming through.

Harmony H77 is fine too.

goya panther s-2

Oh it's not a les paul? Sorry, I couldn't tell. The boring les-paul-esque shape was making me sleepy.

pretty, but painfully overdesigned
i'm thinking a light 4 on this

Here you have another les paul.

Les Pauls are alright guitars, way overrated though and the whole vintage thing behind them plus all the guitarist snake oil is so fucking stupid
>not a real LP unless it weighs 15 pounds
>not a real LP unless it has unpotted pickups hand wound with silver wire by Tibetan monks
>not a real LP unless it has a flammable finish that reacts to everything
>not a real LP unless it has a volute-less headstock that snaps off if you give it a hard bump
>not a real LP unless the bridge/tailpiece falls off

I've just got to say that anyone that picks a guitar primarily for it's effay value is not a true musician. You are a poser. And furthermore should never pick up a guitar again. Try a hobby more suited to your extremely shallow and fake personality. Fapping to traps maybe.

"I've just got to say that anyone that picks any object primarily for it's effay value is not a true auto. You are a person who values aesthetics as part of the object. And furthermore should never pick up any object just for its utility. Imma keep collecting stones. Fapping to traps is my hobby."

Telecaster Thinline '69 Reissue