Grailed question

Hey,

So i've sold something on grailed for the first time and i'm not sure if i'm being bamboozled by the buyer. Let's say i listed an item for $50 and listed the shipping as $10. The amount I should receive from the buyer should be $60, correct?

I've received $50 and they're claiming that the item was listed at $40.

Are they trying to pull a quick one on me because they see I'm a noob or am I in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/2452263-Gucci-Beautiful-dark-blue-denim-pants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what you receive is dictated by the price you listed the item/agreed offer on, your fault if the price is somehow fucked
also grailed + paypal fees are 9% I think

Yes they're trying to play you

Well gee, which one is it? I've already contacted Grailed but they have t responded in 2 days, prolly no one working on weekends.

this: You fucked up somehow or didn't account for grailed fees
Offers people send you also include shipping, so if you agreed on 50, that's all the guy is going to pay. Only the buy now adds shipping to your asking price.

Ok lets take this random item:
grailed.com/listings/2452263-Gucci-Beautiful-dark-blue-denim-pants

You see it's listed at $269, and it has a shipping price of $16 if you're in the U.S., if I want to buy this item would, would I be sending this person $269 or $285 to include the shipping?

To compare this to my situation, I only received $269.

If the buyer clicked Buy It Now it would be $285, if the buyer sent an offer of $269 and the seller accepted it would be $269

>would I be sending this person $269 or $285 to include the shipping?
You press the buy now and you pay what he asks + shipping
You send him offer, it includes shipping, so you send 269, you pay 269, you send 285 you pay 285
And then it automatically takes the 9% of fees of that sum

I never accepted any offer so this is some fuckery. Keep in mind after I questioned the buyer as to why he didn't pay for the shipping, he claimed that my item was listed at a lower amount (lower by precisely the shipping amount).

Would the buyer even have the opportunity to pay less than is expected?

you are some sort of retard

Explain

He can't choose the amount he pays, it's automatic system
You fucked up somehow, are you sure you are taking the fees or possible currency exchange rates to account?

Ok, at least now I know the buyer isn't at fault.

So either
a) I fucked up
b) Grail fucked up

I realize a) is much more likely, but I can't figure out what I did wrong. I listed the item price, along with the shipping price but only received the amount for the item.

As for the fees, let me take you through the paypal transaction process: I receive the (not actual amount of item, just example) $50 for item. Right after this, I am deducted a Grailed and Paypal fee which are 6%, 2.9% + 30ยข. This fee is based on the $50 price of the item. The $10 shipping is disregarded in this so I don't see how that would be relevant.
I'll wait until Grailed gets back to me. If anyone is interested in finding out what happened, I can update this thread when I find out.

>The $10 shipping is disregarded in this
it's not

It shouldn't be. In my case it was.

No, that's how grailed works, the % is taken from the total which is the price + shipping, not just the price on its own.

Yes, in my case it was taken only from the price. And I received only the price of item as well.

Meaning that the shipping amount wasn't included in anything; neither in the amount I received, nor the amount I paid in fees.

wow, it's just shipping. Stop being such a JEW op

nigga i'd like to know for future sales if I should charge more for the item price to cover the shipping, since they're going to ignore my shipping price anyways

Post your grailed account so we know where to get good deals when you inevitably fuck up the pricing again.

REEE I didn't fuck up the pricing. I will be vindicated. Just you wait.

Holy shit this thread is confusing

First off, if the item was listed at $40, you can still check the link's item (provided you didn't delete it) and it should show the price you sold it for.

As for the $269 gucci pants with $16 shipping example you gave, the person would pay $285, then grailed would take commission and paypal fees are also paid on top of that so you would get less than what you advertised it for

its like ebay, in the fact that ebay has fees too

Yes, I am aware that the link of the item is still up. I double-checked it before making this thread to make sure this wasn't just a fuckup on my part.

show a screenshot. you should be able to see the price it was listed for and it should match

post a fucking screenshot you stupid fuck. its that simple.

I don't think it would help u much if he did being as he's right