I'm looking for some minimalist leather shoes that I can wear everyday. Like the shoes in the picture but cheaper...

I'm looking for some minimalist leather shoes that I can wear everyday. Like the shoes in the picture but cheaper. ~$150 max. I think paying $500 for shoes that I will wear everyday is stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

opisafaggot.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

erm hellow???

>I think paying $500 for shoes that I will wear everyday is stupid

why did you green text that???

Ever heard of cost per wear? If you pay 150 for a pair of shoes and wear them everyday for a year, you pay 0.41 cents every day you wear them.

If you pay 500 for a pair of shoes and wear them everyday for a year, you pay 1.37 every time you wear them. If you wore the 150 dollar shoes for 100 days, you would be paying the same amount.

The 150 dollar shoes won't last as long as the 500 and it would be stupid not to wear the 500 dollar pair everyday as you would be paying more per wear. Wear them 100x, you pay 5 dollars a wear

just havin fun with greentex lol

Um no. I always end up throwing out shoes within 5 months because I get tired of them. Doesn't matter if they cost $40 or $1000 I will throw them out within 5 months

They're ur willing to pay more per wear than the average person u fuckhead how r u so thick?

Frank + Oak

That sentence (if you can all it one) isn't coherent in the slightest. And you're calling me thick

I wouldn't call spending a lot of money on shoes a stupid investment. It just seems that way due to this being your policy on shoes in general (which is rather unique especially on this board).

user, you're an idiot. how old are you?

Well this is...special.
Just buy some all black Stan Smiths and fuck off.

It's not an investment at all. With special exceptions for rare shoes, you don't make a profit and infact lose a lot of money. Do you Veeky Forums guys use your brains in the slightest?
Old enough hun

Buy some Puma Classics or Vans, although id recommend buying white shoes for summer

go post somewhere else

not everyone throws their shoes away after 5 months. you could wear these for 10 years if you wanted.

>>hun
>>bun
>>run
>>gun
you're either 12 or a faggot. probably both. take your cheap shit fucking etnies and die.

nice dups OP, this site has some cute minimalistic shoes for ur price range

opisafaggot.com

Tell me one person who keeps their shoes for 10 years. Besides your grandma

Since OP is a faggot and I have a similar concern, I'm going to hijack his thread. I'm looking for a pair of leather shoes that one can wear everyday, something versatile enough that can be dressed up for work or down for causal day-to-day outings. Preferably something that will last me a long time.

obviously you've never kept a pair for 10 years because 10 years ago you were 8, but it's not uncommon at all to own a pair of shoes for a decade.

just buy some vans you fucking conceited prick

Simmer down young boys

I'm also looking for exactly this. I've been heavily considering Clarks desert boots/bushacre 2. If you drop the requirement for lasting a long time(I hear these don't last long, but they're cheap) this should fit the bill.

Hopefully someone can chime in on whether I/we should get these.

You can see the glue oozing out in the fucking picture bawahaha

>glue
pretty sure that's the sole, buddy. Those shoes are cheap, but not that cheap.
>bawahaha
Are you a cartoon villain?

Why do the soles have white stuff on them then, friend?

h&m should have something like that on their website if it wasn't mentioned already

Ahahahahahahahahaha you never owned shoes worth more than 200. I had that mind set, now I've got 2 pairs of daily wear common projects (both for over 2 years and even through Canadian winters) and they still look fucking awesome. You won't wear then through in a day
>150 max
>500 is stupid for daily wear shoes
Poor people pls leave

>calling others poor because you're bad at budgeting

Guys I swear I'm rich!!! Look how much I overpayed for these China shoes!!

>Kanye's fw you just paid $500 for a shoe that cost $10 to make

If that lmao. Probably cost like $4 to make lmao. Mfw sneakers experts have a hard time differentiating between knock off and real yeezys

I'm genuinely curious, does the Canadian government put something in the water to dumb down the population or something?

I call bs, shoe with timestamp or gtfo

Will post when I get home from work. Only thing I've had to do to them is get the sole resewn because they get stepped on at shows and bars. Aside from that it still works out to about $1.55 per day for wear, op will pay the same if he wears a 150 dollar pair of shoes for 3 months (which he said he would do because he gets tired of it within 5 months)
>says I'm bad at budgeting in a thread where op buys 150 dollar shoes than he throws out within 155 days because he's bored of them and not because he wore then out.

Gustin low tops will do fine for you. Your reasoning really doesn't make sense, though. Common Projects are notorious for their quality regardless of the meme status. You'll occasionally have nu-Veeky Forums call them cuck shoes or what have you, but they're still a solid choice that you won't regret. There are a ton of stores where you can find them for about ~$270 if you do a bit of searching. I got mine from eBay for $180-ish. Don't throw away shoes within 5 months either, you retard. Invest into some quality shoes.

I have a pair of shoes that were made in 2006 and they aren't even designer or high end. Take care of your shoes and they'll last you forever.

Maybe Dr Marten 1461s. If you don't need them immediately, these shoes show up on Goodwill pretty often so you can get them for a steal if you're consistent and keep checking. If you've got money, I've always liked Ann Demeulemeester derbies. Maybe you can look into those.

You people are seriously butthurt over someone being able to afford shoes. And you try to justify your dislike by saying that $500 shoes don't cost $500 to make, as if you're making some kind of bold statement. You've never owned a pair of sneakers, let alone any piece of clothing, that was worth more than $100. You're not into fashion. You don't contribute anything to this board. Why are you even here? What do you wear with your mindset?

cargo shorts and oversized t shirts.

Ok you guys convinced me to buy the common projects. Only gripe I have with their design is the gold lettering on the side.
How do the Gustins compare to the common projects in the comfort and quality department? I like the design of the Gustin more desu since it doesn't have that gold lettering

How do you know those shoes you got on eBay aren't counterfeit?

There are plenty of reviews on /r/malefashionadvice (I know, I know) that talk about their quality. I've personally never owned a pair so I can't say but they're pretty favorable over there. Just like any store, you'll get mixed reviews. Some people love the quality, others have problems with their customer service, just get a good feel for everything and make your decision based on that. Alternatively, lurked Grailed or something to get them secondhand.

I always get my things legit checked online if I'm not the OG owner. In the case of Common Projects, there are a few fakes but there are always flaws. Gold lettering not being correct, toe box looking off, box being beat up, stitching being awful, there's always something. Worst case I deal with PayPal's return service for a few months. Also, stay away from buyers with low ratings. Those are always suspicious. I've actually had huge deals by risking it although I know I'm stupid for even taking the chance.

I have a pair of Dr. Martens I've owned for 6 years and wear almost every day in the winter and a few times in the summer.
Still in good nick, if anything look better than when I bought them

Common projects gold letter can be removed via wiping it with a towel. That said, the lettering is far less overt in real life

Okay and should I buy the black or the white?

I'm not even gonna tell you what to buy because you're gonna buy it and then everyone here will, and then it's not sacred or unique anymore when i buy it.

Here ya go, was being a lazy sack of shit and sunbathing. Don't mind the stupidly white laces, I had to get new ones for the black pair but I'm going to mow the lawn soon and camping this weekend so they should get sufficiently dirty again soon
Do one of solid colour on each. All white is a refreshing twist but every day it becomes a pretty played out choice, all black is the same

>grailed kid calling other people poor

Your shoes are atrocious my man, CPs aren't meant to be worn longer than a season, a year at the absolute most.

Okay and should I wait to buy them? The cheapest I have found right now in the white or black is $410. I have a 10% coupon and free shipping so that will bring it down to $369. There are other white ones on sale for $250 but they're "canvas" not the originals and idk

I've never used grailed actually. I can't be bothered with haggling or PayPal or any of that crap. But hey, my arms are pretty long, so of you need help reaching to the bottom of the barrel In sure I can help you out.
Eh it's your call. The other option is check out ssense for their sale. If you're willing to wait there are always drops and if you're lucky and patient you can snag a good deal

you think you're special lmfao, I will bet they're probably some stupid shit like svennsons.

Ssense is having a sale right now but from what I heard the white originals never go on sale

You can't buy Gustin unless you wanna wait 5 months

It's true, but check out tiger of Sweden. Their stuff is pretty good, minimalistic and comfy. I've been meaning to buy the sidezip silver accented sneakers from them. There's also ps by Paul smith to check out and some others

plain black leather stans are always a good option