Advice for a minimal wardrobe? We can make this a general for other people looking to downsize

Advice for a minimal wardrobe? We can make this a general for other people looking to downsize.

What are the essentials for a minimal wardrobe with enough of a variety for casual, formal, and athletic fits? Here's what I have in mind (some of this i have, some of this i plan on getting):

tops
>off-white casual button-down
>a few light-colored tees
>flannel
>dockers button down

bottoms
>stonewash levi's 501s
>black shorts
>black slim slacks
>gray joggers

shoes
>white chuck taylor hi-tops
>black nylon docs
>black dress shoes

outer
>navy anorak
>gray zara blazer
>a couple of sweaters
>light jacket
>carhartt beanie

anything you'd add/remove? I'm moving into a new place next month, and I want to take a lot less clothes with me lol

Other urls found in this thread:

insidermonkey.com/blog/7-easiest-painless-ways-of-killing-yourselves-quickest-360388/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This list is fine at best but the brands are garbage, like carhartt beanie? Why? Why not an acne face beanie? Why levis jeans if you can do apc, acne, or anything else? Did you really suggest a Zara blazer or converse as essentials to a wardrobe? Jesus.

They got a point to some extent

If you want to go truly minimal, you could ditch the dress shoes, and wait until there is an occasion you actually need dress shoes -- then purchase them

Converse are for children, and doc martins are meme shoes

jeans are for middle schoolers and construction workers

Why the fuck would someone on a minimal wardrobe not own a pair of jeans?

>If you want to go truly minimal, you could ditch the dress shoes, and wait until there is an occasion you actually need dress shoes -- then purchase them
I would argue they are missing boots on the list. As well, oxfords work well within many minimalist fits, especially alongside wool trousers.

>jeans are for middle schoolers and construction workers
Jeans are fine and can work well within minimalist fits. The whole meme of all white shoes (a la common projects) was paired with black jeans. Blue jeans can also work really well if properly fitted.

clothes are for normies

>brap

the thing about minimal or capsule wardobes is that they are different to different people
some people want high end shit, some people don't want sneakers, others need ratty beater clothing etc.
can't really speak for anyone but yourself because no one else lives the same life as you do

thats probably more shit than most normie dads on.

I have

tops
>black tshirts
>grey tshirts
>navy tshirts
>black uniqlo sweater
>navy uniqlo sweater
>black textured sweater
>offwhite textured sweater

bottoms
>black tapered joggers (like unbranded soccer pants)
>black mesh shorts

shoes
>black sneakers ( zoom vapor )
>beige nike fieldboots
>white tevas

outer
>black carhartt detroid jacket
>black puffy nike bomber

+some 5panels

I actually don't really wear the textured sweaters.

Are white sneakers more versatile than black ones?

You can avoid jeans and other pants with something more efficient like technical fabrics for pants for minimalism.

uh sure

1) pants

buy some basic jeans, 1 pair black, 1 pair lightwash. buy quality obv a.p.c, acne, slp (if you can afford slp of course)

buy a tracksuit in black

buy some shorts in black, gray and some other color of your choice, jean shorts are fine too (buy FOG x Pacsun if you got cash)

2) tops

white, black, grey, olive, navy, baby blue, pink whatever basic tshirts, buy multiple white and black ones and buy on sale, buy boxy tees too if you like the style

buy a nice white knit that is going to last, both calvin klein and ralph lauren make great ones

3) outerwear

olive/navy/black bomber

olive/navy/black/tan parka

flannels if you like them

4) shoes

a pair of white sneakers

a pair of black sneakers

5) hats
whatever you like and whatever fits your head

when you need it for an event buy a full suit and a pair of dress shoes

yea but what brand? and like wtc im U.S.A. but i shop END. all the time

check out the sticky, they have some good charts

Outlier, mission workshop, maybe arc'teryx veilance, orion, prana make some stuff. They might not suit be to your taste aesthetically but should cover a lot of activities from officewear to hiking but maybe not for very formal stuff.

>Converse are for children, and doc martins are meme shoes
>jeans are for middle schoolers and construction workers

Go back to /mfa or whatever cave you just got out of

Depends on what you wear. They are for me. But the lightest pants I wear are faded jeans, I mostly wear black or dark blue.

If you wear khaki chinos or white jeans a lot, you might not want white shoes.

He's not wrong a out converse or docs my man. If your taste in shoes eclipsed at converse and docs you should probably off yourself or, at the very least, log off of Veeky Forums and lose your password

>buy quality obv a.p.c, acne, slp
i hate this website

will Veeky Forums ever get over minimalism

are we doomed to wear the same ugly dated style forever

Not him but either suggest better or don't post. There's a 98% chance you can't afford those brands as it is and you just shit on them here to make yourself feel better about your wardrobe of levis 513 jeans

This board is shit anyway

Kys

I find this pic hot as fuck where can I find more like this ?

>Kys
Are you upset that I'm bashing your jr. High taste?

No, I pity you for not knowing how to style chucks or docs like a grown ass man while pretending you know shit about fashion on an anonymous board. Now if you excuse me I don't really care about that, all I want is more similar pics

cheap ratty beater clothing
on Veeky Forums

ALL OF MY NOPEGTFO to those people. If anything we should all be moving away from basic bitch tier.

Tops
>buncha tshirts
>a few button downs
>afew sweaters
>couple of sweatshirts

Bottoms
>stone wash jeans
>a few pairs of shorts
>a few slacks or chinos
>joggers/sweatpants/trackpants
>couple of cargos

Shoes
>Adidas Samba black
>Reebok 85 club white
>Couple Pairs of boots, each for different weather
>Tevas

Outer
>one Anorak
>one Parka
>windbreaker/tracksuit top
>one bomber

Hats/head
>beanie
>balaclava
>5 panel hat

do girls ever literally tuck their butt cheeks in to their pants, or do the pants just do that

i would minimize that ass if you know what i mean

that's a thicc pic OP, sauce?

they just do that

what? make it smaller
kys for saying such a thing

Need minimalist inspo

this is exactly what I'm talking about, you just automatically assume it's for 'fashion' or something or that the need for cheap beaters means you don't dress nice otherwise
I know a guy who is a consultant, he dresses business in work and just looks sharp as fuck generally but when he goes skateboarding he wears the rattiest shit you'd imagine only the most hardcore crustpunk would put on
You can't assume shit or expect people to live their lives the same way you do, your wardrobe reflects only your life.

brap

how dare you give me a boner like this

why the fuck use that much more money for something that looks almost exactly the same?

What the hell are you even doing on a fashion board

maybe hes into actual fashion and not "high quality basics" trash

>hehe i buy expensive clothes for the brand which 99% of people don't even notice

disgusting

Don't die

This makes the penis hard

m8 minimal wardrobe should be as nice as possible not filled with shit.
your friend has shit clothes for a specific function, he's not minimal he has essentially two wardrobes.
If your life is ratty and beater, just leave this board.

Just to correct myself, he has at least three wardrobes.
skate, work and home. So your friend is the antithesis of this thread.

you are one dumb motherfucker

Wew

docs are for fat 20something bisexual women that are into literature and settle with an equally fat 20 something bisexual woman because they can't get the d.

insidermonkey.com/blog/7-easiest-painless-ways-of-killing-yourselves-quickest-360388/

The most minimal wardrobe I can think of would be the Fight Club wardrobe Tyler Durden recommended:

"Two pairs of pants, black. Two pairs of socks, black. A pair of heavy black shoes, two black tee shirts, and one heavy black coat."

The quote isn't exact, but it was essentially that.

>>it's for 'fashion' or something

Feel free to return to Walmart. Your existence makes this board worse.