I'm going to Italy with my family in July...

I'm going to Italy with my family in July. It's the first time the majority of us has ever traveled across the Atlantic and for my parents, it's considered a once in a life time trip because they're getting too old to do all of the hiking my sister (the only one who has been to Italy) says needs to be done in order to really "absorb" the culture.
This trip has prompted me to search for a new pair of shoes that would be good for all of the urban trekking. I'm sure she is exaggerating but I'm still going to take advantage and get my gibs.
I found these boots and I think they would be great. They were made with sand-nigger combat in mind so they are very breathable and I have seen nothing but great things about it.
I'm really considering buying them but I would appreciate any and all thoughts/impressions of the boots and if you have any suggestions.

TL;DR
>Is tactical effay?

Here is the 6" variant if the 8" is too big for you to handle. I would prefer the 8" because it has a hidden pocket so I would be able to carry a spare prepaid visa card and some cash in the event that I get pick-pocketed. The added ankle support is also a plus.
I did discover the 6" first and I still my get it anyway when I get the money, but that is a little down the line.

My buddy had a pair and they blew out in about four months. But they are probably more than adequate for your purpose. You're going to look like autistic as fuck though.

So, for a while, before they where banned because of AR-670-1, I was in the Nike Special Field boots. These where great and all, lightweight, breathable, they dried off easily, It was a comfortable boot. They lasted me about a year before I had to get a new pair, but they did the job. Plus you can get them in black, sage, tan, coyote, and tan. It gives you more options if you don't want to look like a sperg.

your last name start with an M?

>all the hiking that needs to be done to really absorb the culture
What the fuck are you talking about?
Hiking is a common hobby, but in no way a 'mandatory Italian experience'.
It's summer, which parks will you visit, anyway? Those boots will be hot, sneakers or sandals might be more appropriate, depending on your destination.

Wear comfortable casual shoes
You're not hiking, you're walking around a city. Looking like you're hiking says "I'm a tourist, please rip me off".

Nope

this is why no one likes american tourists

or tourists in general for that matter

If u wanna b tatcticool go the whole 9 yards my dude, pic related is pretty Veeky Forums

>absorb the culture
you disgusting liberal piece of shit

I resent that comment, sir!

I've been to italy but haven't hiked much there. I live in hawaii and we have some difficult hikes and Nike SFBs are v comf, didn't even have to break them in, but that might just be me. I've hiked in anything from slippers to skate shoes here. The more difficult the hike, the more you need grip and a good fitting shoe. Most people wear grippy running shoes for hikes here. The only hiking I did was in italy was in cinque terra and I just went in flip flops.

Only if you get Danner tachyons

For hiking, backpacking, trekking and all things walking get fucking cheap athletic shoes you are cool with getting beat to shit. Like if you want to drop $100 on a pair of SFBs to walk around Italy in by all means go for it

the 203 looked so much better. Fuck the 320

Have you actually ever been to any hike? Is this kind of shi really neccessary?

Also this trip will be fuckin disaster. I already hear you sister saying "last time I was there" after every sentence.

btw pickpocket on hike?

My family used to go on hikes when I was a kid but they didn't know anything, they were pure plebs. I've been wanting to be more /out/ lately but I would have to make an effort to find good places considering how I live in a city. I would like to get boots that would be ideal for a hike but comfortable enough to wear causally if I were to walk my for example

*Walk my dog

Those are nice, thanks

No problem, I know a few cops who like them