How do your parents react to the way you dress?

How do your parents react to the way you dress?

How hard have you had to fight to get them to understand you, even if just partially?

my mums always told me i look terrible and like a flamboy or a hobo
dad just made fun of my long hair
i dont care fuck them the know nothing

my dad wears full rick and it embarrasses me so much because the rest of the family and I are comfy-core

they think I buy too many clothes but they don't mind the style. if I started wearing full rick or techninja they'd call me a twat

Mum was a seamstress for a while, so she always appreciates quality clothing. She doesn't really care about how I dress, but she'll comment on something that looks well made, or has a nice fabric.

Sounds comfy

Mom thinks I'm gay and my dad has laughed at me before, fuck em.

My dad wears the same old t-shirt almost every day and his shorts are cut up track pants that would make a teenage girl seem modest.

I don't even listen.

They are 65 year old suburban white people. They may comment if they think that I look nice when I dress up to go to family parties and shit, but otherwise they just talk shit behind my back when they think something im wearing looks gay.

I get compliments from my family, in return I sometimes help them and consult :)

My parents like the way I dress mostly, mainly my mother

They worry about how much I spend on clothes, but what else am I gonna spend money on?

They don't give a fuck anymore lol.

They don't care lmao why should they

They like my fits but they despise my hair.

My parents respect and support my choices,
They always give their opinions.

Great thread topic.

Both complement every now again. Usually about individual pieces.

Lmao all the "they dont understand me" angsty teenagefs here, its crazy

When I was in high school my mum told me if I dressed less eccentrically that maybe then I'd get a boyfriend.

10 years on, she will now usually comment if something I'm wearing is unflattering, impractical or doesn't suit me which sometimes I appreciate and other times I just ignore.

>my dad wears full rick
i dont know why i laughed so much when i read this

h-hey
would you be interested in stomping on me
please

I don't live with my parents anymore
my mom always forced me to cut my hair, I never had long hair, not even medium sized, always short because otherwise "you look like a homeless person"
now I wanted to try out and got my hair a little bit longer but started balding
well thank you for that, I will just kill myself

I live in a different continent than them so I literally have not seen them in like 2 years.

Also, if you live with your parents then you aren't Veeky Forums anyway

post your tits big mama

If my father knew how I dressed it be something like

*Long winded laughing*
"Boy, what are you doing dressing like that. You black (black American) but trying to look like a Japalanian (his joking way of say something foriegn), you are just straight CONFUSED. Boy put some pants on, looking like some damn foolish African"

It's cool because after he roasts me he'd probs calm down and adjust, after I explain to him why I dress the way I'd do he'd be quiet proud but still chuckle and shake his head. desu we make fun of each other often and are very informal.

>Parents
I wasn't raised by my mom and am not around her much. desu she'd be quiet and sheepishly ask why I'm wearing what I wear and then ask me to dress her up similarly.

My dad would be proud I dont dress like other black guys my age. All my life he would wear nothing but trifled suits and dress shoes. Ive only seen him wear a pair of jeans maybe 3 times in my whole life.
Whenever I visit my mom shes indifferent towards what I wear as long as Im not clothesless or starving.

This is starting to become a feels post for me.

my mom is usually very supportive of what i wear -- my dad is indifferent.

my mom worked under mitsuhiro matsuda and issey miyake, and my dad was a fisherman in alaska. mom is always attentive of the cuts and fabric used!

My dad looks like "Black Republican Convention" skit from Key and Peele with about 100 sweaters older than me in mint condition.

How dare you talk about my father like that. I am pissed, Im ROYALLY pissed.

Old black dudes tend to have particular black dad style archetypes is what I'm saying

I live on a scumbag UK estate. Anything other than athleisure is suspect.

>tfw wanted to wear nice crop pants but the summer uniform here is primark shirts and carrier bags full of cheap lager.

my dad is a 57 year old guy still trying to be fashionable

>ONE FUCKING KILO

We are not a monolith, my negro.
Was he before or is just a try hard eyesore. Post example fit.

Reading all these posts makes me feel blessed to not have close minded parents.

My mom used to be a seamstress and dresses pretty well. She supports my fashion choices and encourages me to have long hair (as a boy).

Sometimes when we're going out, I notice we have similar outfits.

She just doesn't like me actually spending money on clothes.

my mom is a stylist, so she influeces me a lot. she also dresses my dad, so i get support from both sides. she can even understand when im spending a shitton on clothes

They don't get it but they don't care either because I don't live with them and it's not with their money.
Occasionally they'll make a comment along the lines of "oh poor . Why do you make her spend so much on you" because my gf makes almost twice what I make and she buys me a lot of my clothes.

Your parents are lame as fuuuuuuuuuuuck

I usually wear rick & damir

My parents always tell me I dress classy

If you know how to fucking dress you can wear anything and look good. If even your parents don't react well to the way you dress, you're probably doing retarded shit

you don't have to live with your parents to see them once in a while. unless your parents abused you, it's not /effay/ to cut them out of your life you faggot

My State is 99% guys in football wear, jeans, and shitty shoes so my family admires even the most basic sense of male fashion. Wearing anything with a collar gets an instant "oh wow you clean up so well!"

my grandmother however worked in the fashion industry during the 60s (paris/ny) so her compliments are actually meaningful

>ywn develop your understanding of fabrics by taking over the family owned tailoring business

Mum likes it as she is also into fashion, dad like the business side of the fact they can be sold on.
Pretty based desu

My mom went to Parsons and my dad was a musician. Both of them have dressed crazier than me.

>my dad wears full rick

patrician dad

>ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

>"why are you putting your pants inside your socks?"

fuck off mum

Are you seriously putting your pants inside your socks ?

Your dad sounds like a funny fella, japalanian, kek

While I am happy that many kids these days are lucky enough to be the children cool people, as the son of rural spanish parents (I guarantee you that's saying something), I can't help but feel envious.

I always wonder how paranoid I would live if I were one of you, with other kids getting envious about getting such a nice parent deal. I wouldn't let their malicious comments cripple me to the core, but they would affect me, no doubt.

uphillfight.jpg

forgive english, i am Russia. i come to study Mechanical Engineering at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American video game and then we are kiss. We sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i **** this American boy it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call Mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM CUM FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I CUM IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though. I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

where is reddit edgy 14-year-old pasta from?

*this reddit edgy 14-year-old pasta from?

this isn't /b/

My parents are happy so long as I'm happy. I just dress normcore from all the japanese fashion mags I read, and I also cheap out on my purchases to blend in with other people and yo save money. My parents actually tell me to don't do that or "we can always buy you anything you want. Just say the word"

They're normies so they dress like shit (at least not Veeky Forums) so I don't take it to heart when they don't like my outfit.

Some people just aren't stylish!!!!!!

i dont have parents, but my foster mom says im very handsome

i banged a guy senselss who looks just like you a few weeks ago:)

banged him over the head with something heavy I hope

nope, guess again:)

>being 14 again

Have you ever tried tucking your socks into your pants? The results are shocking

mother fucker

My mum recently told me how she already knew I was bisexual before I knew it. Cause she told me that she has always been too. Just like my dad in his younger days. Which explains why she's so supportive of whatever I wear - I guess

This thread is about how parents think of how you dress, not when you wear your sister's dress. Go back to /lgbt/

>How hard have you had to fight to get them to understand you, even if just partially?
I dress trad/ivy so my parents are actually proud of me and pleased about it.

Kek

If you don't enjoy a big bag of cans with the lads then get the FUCK out of this country

same but both my parets like the way I dress.
Though they are a bit more demanding and concered about how much I spend on clothes and that I should have saved more in relation to my earnings

>Implying you'll ever live up to an inkling of what Nick Wooster is

this but my mum just thinks I get my ass kicked or something or robbed my dad does kinda laugh's at me. I kinda live In a good safe city kinda too

Its been almost a week so Im guessing you didnt even get your own joke.