Cav empt

Why does cav empt seem to be getting more expensive?

(Britbong so have to work price to dolla)
In 2012 a tee was £35/40, most recent collection they're about £90.

Is it an increase in production quality or sk8thing being a capitalist?

Pic semi related, my favourite C.E piece

because it has gained popularity, it's very simple
fashion houses and brands are businesses, you start with little to no name so you have to price your things accordingly, when you start gaining popularity and name, you can start reaping more profit

Wow that's fucking gay and stupid. Only k.e.k.s buy that shiet

>Wow that's fucking gay and stupid
No, it's called a fucking business
You have to start somewhere and when you are nothing but brand among others, you can't be asking as much as established ones with following and recognition, you build and develop the brand and gain your position.
You don't just start from the top and hope people buy in to it.

Dude. Fuck a business

yeah everything should be free man, why can't we just all get along

Lol. Fuck a hipster hipster hippie

That's fair enough I get that, but there must be some justification for the hike up. Designs are kinda getting ded now

>there must be some justification for the hike up
It's because they start so low, I don't know about CE or their tees specifically but brands like these start with prices they barely brake profit just to move stock and get their name out there, the justification is that they are not making profit for a long time because they need other things for their company, name and brand recognition for example.
CP achilles were like two hundred something when they weren't as popular, the prices now probably reflect the reality of what they have tried to do from the beginning better now. That's just the harsh reality of clothing business.

That's a pretty cool jacket

why don't you buy and wear own british designer cloths huh?

Cav Empt was founded by a British man: Toby Feltwell

supply and demand
if people aren't willing to pay that price, the price will go down or the business will fail
The reason they can sell it for that markup is because there are enough people who will still buy it
>Designs are kinda getting ded now
so they are coasting on their name. if this is the case it shouldn't last for long but again, only supply and demand will have a say

I only buy cav empt from japanese auction proxy sites
Fuck grailed users who want 400 for a jacket

another reason to avoid Anglo made cloths

Ill post some of my collection which has some 2012 jackets in the morning if thos thread is still up. Most of their recent releases havent really done anything for me, but theres a few I quite like.

Also worth mentioning that fake CE is starting to go into production so be skeptical of some listings.

How'd you go about proxying off japanese yahoo auctions, I looked into it and didn't get it desu

Quick, post your favorite Cav Empt pieces!

very nice my dude

Forgot about these

Yeah man I rather have the same government provided uniforms as everyone else. Fuck capitalism!

All profit, baby. Did you know CP used to sell the achilles low for ~$250 new? Same material, same product. Now they charge twice as much because they can.

not OP but: sign up for a proxy (I use buyee), bid through their website (they have Y!auctions as well as Japan-only Rakuten listings, etc.), then the item is shipped to them, then they ship it to you. Can get pricey since you have to pay shipping twice (it's reasonable, though) and a small % in service charge. All in, the extra on top of my purchases ends up being 20-30, inc shipping. Not bad.

Chill, Don't Be a Dick...

>because they can
because they were hardly breaking even when they sold them for less
lrn2fucking clothing business my man

I should have bought the icon pullover back when it was $400
Now it's ultimate Grail tier and costs 2200

all this shit is so gaudy and loud i can't believe yall wear this past your early 20s

>Not living in Tokyo and just going to the Cav Empt store

Get on my level pleb.

>all this shit is so gaudy and loud i can't believe yall wear this past your early 20s

>muted green and tan, black and white
>gaudy and loud

Cav empt is supreme for contrarians

Full archive

What is the store like? Do they stock products from the past season(s) or just the current one? I'd like to go there - might be in Japan in December.