What if i'm 24 and like to dress like this ? Am i missing out on a lot in life ?

What if i'm 24 and like to dress like this ? Am i missing out on a lot in life ?

It would definitely be the first thing people will think of when they think of you. Your personality will be absorbed by your wardrobe.
My room mate in college wore almost exclusively clothes from the 70s that his dad used to own or modern clothes like it. Everyone agreed he had great style, but he remained a perma-virgin in his most potentially sexual time in his life.

>Your personality will be absorbed by your wardrobe

can you explain more on this ?

i mean idk, what if i just like them ? what if i just like the sillouette of a good regular fitted pants more than a slim one ? i like how they look, and i really want to achieve the look. i have nothing else i'm passionate about in life though, should i be worried ?

don't get me wrong, i don't wish to be distinctive or different, i just have different taste now and i didn't control that. even looking at old men's fits, really catches my eyes like "hmm that's a good looking fit" and nothing in the modern young scene impresses me anymore. but yeah i don't have friends let alone a gf but i don't think there's a connection to my fashion sense, idk.

just like seeing a great band or an impressive music and wishing to be making one of those

It was like he himself became a period piece. It's hard to explain

you don't need to be the ideal, extrovert, perfectly mainstream normie to be happy
if classic menswear is what you like and you're confident that you can pull it off, just go for it
if someone shits on you because of the way you dress they probably wouldn't be a good friend anyway
godspeed reviewbrah

>24
That's fine. Yourr too old to dress in any creative way anyway.

well i'm not a creative person anymore and i'm not interested in being creative.

Good. As long as you know your place in life and stay on track for some milquetoast job. You're good.

Thanks but sometimes i feel like i'm just feeding the bad side of me that i should've changed years ago.

> things that never happened

Take a look at you Mr Arts Major. Can't wait to see ur sick fits behind the counter of some department store, or in the parking lot of some old strip mall trying to buy parts for your vintage pac-man case renovating project you'll try and pursue.

i'm changing my style to a more classic menswear, and i'm 25. broke atm so it's slow going (still in college like a tard), but i am married so getting laid is not a thing i worry about. if that is important to you then dressing like an old man might hurt, otherwise i don't see why dressing kind of funny would matter socially speaking. if you want to dress this way then i assume that you wouldn't care to hang around chads anyway. the fact that you don't have friends at all is the most worrying, you should really get some dude and work hard at it

But it's very plausible isn't it ? The more we're focused on what we look like the more it absorbs our personality. Because personality is shaped by how you focus and deal on/with other things and people

Is it a problem for your wife that you don't have the attitude of a 25 year old ? And yes i'm really not interested in hanging out with modern youth of my age or above. In family gatherings, i always enjoy talking to old fellas more than cousins of my age. I don't want to have a gf, i think i'll just go straight to marriage one day. And yeah i don't have friends, i can't really relate to anyone, i feel like my lack of social life makes me socially irritating and i don't want to embarass myself by upsetting people or weirding them out. It just doesn't seem possible anymore for me and the urge just doesn't exist anymore, like if i'm not happy, getting friends would be the last thing i think about

you can always be an 80's horror movie doll

NO OP, OLD MAN FASHION IS UNDERRATED

Good to know. I just don't want pretty girls to look at me funny

No OP there's not much stuff worth getting into in the youth culture anyway

It's not that my attitude doesn't match my age, I just like the look. Plus I am transitioning into a career soon and have a need for a professional wardrobe. You say that you want to go straight to marriage, but tats really impractical. How would you pull that off? Unless you are some non white and it's cultural. If not, for your own health push through the pain of talking to people and try to find friends. Then worry about a gf (yes that means get a gf before marriage). I don't want to sound like an asshole but you need to work on your social skills A LOT before you start wearing funny old man clothes, otherwise you are really likely to ostracize yourself even more. Good luck and do yourself a favor and try to at least learn a little about modern 20yo culture, even if you think it's gay, it will grease the wheels

How is it impractical ? Yes i'm nonwhite but it's not cultural, i'm just not interested in dating or having a gf, i just lost the urge, i think gfs are trashy and unfaithful, only marriage can tame them.

And i'm sensationalizing old man clothes, i just simply find them good looking. Maybe it's also because getting into them can somehow release me from the pressure of being normal, not like i see it as inferior or anything, it's just that anytime i dress like social butterflies, i feel like i don't belong. I'm tricking people into thinking that i'm one of them while actually i'm far below them. I get more and more out of touch from how young people think and act, i just somehow can't relate to them anymore and i don't see the point in going through the pain of fixing it, like for what ? I think i'm gonna mature myself at 30 and by that age i will just be focused on marriage instead of messing around. I can't "mess around", i can't "hang out", i'm not fun, i can't make jokes, i'm boring, i get offended very easily and i can't connect with men (as friends).

>i'm sensationalizing old man clothes

I meant i'm NOT sensationalizing...

It worked for otoole or whatever his name was

>dadcore
>kind of funny

Elaborate

>i think gfs are trashy and unfaithful, only marriage can tame them.
Calm down Rajesh

if the clothes fit and are of a good quality and you look good in general then you'll probably be fine and it won't matter. Otherwise it'll be max m'lady tier.

More traditional, conservative, or retro clothing styles could look good today if the wearer is confident and looks like they have it put together. I would avoid anything too baggy, and go for fitted variations of these classic clothes. It doesn't have to be considered old-mannish clothing. The guy in your picture has pleats, which are, after around a decade of being out of fashion, also quite uncommon on men wearing suits or dressy clothes under about the age of 40 or 50. If you want to take inspiration from past decades of the 20th century, I recommend the 1960s, start with, as clothes during that decade could be quite trim fitting, almost comparable with the trends of recent years, while maintaining a more classic form.

Why ? This is just a conservative speaking

I'm mostly just interested in tucked in short sleeve shirt and regular fitted everything and no sneakers.

Thanks bronon

Fix what's inside first