How do I do military inspired dress without looking like some 16 year old who's obsessed with the Marines or like some...

How do I do military inspired dress without looking like some 16 year old who's obsessed with the Marines or like some guy who just got out of the army?

It's a thin line.

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/clothing/men-s-clothing/altimeter-m-65-field-coat
youtube.com/watch?v=DDWAk8-leVA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No clue, but bumping for interest.

My old military style jacket is size XXL, I now usually wear size L.

bump. What's a good jacket like that but actually milsurp?

Also to answer your question OP (even though idk what I'm talking about), maybe stick to one piece except + combat boots

>Also to answer your question OP (even though idk what I'm talking about), maybe stick to one piece except + combat boots
I currently wear DMs (I know, more punk, but w/e) and I have a winter coat that makes me look like part of Stalin's inner party. I really like that sort of authoritarian look while still looking normal and not being a total LARPer.

Camo is fine as long as it is on only one I repeat ONE article of clothing which acts as the centerpiece that all the other colors/materials support. That being said, earth tones are definitely the best way to go there in terms of color.

M65 jacket or parka is your typical olive drab military style jacket

I'd couple a patched m65 with a plain white tee, some faded blue jeans and some beige palladiums for that Visvim "Americana" effect.
I tried something else today and I'm not sure if I like it but I've heard some positive comments at work.
wtaps buds shirt
margiela shorts
converse sneakers

Isn't the M65 some type of synthetic waterproof shell?

What if I just want a canvas?

Thanks for the new wallpaper senpai

Terrorwave, is the answer you're looking for

there are dozens of european milsurp variants and copies of the m65 that you could probably snatch up for a reasonable price online
I know /k/ gets wet over canvas flecktarn parkas that go for around $40 online when I picked one up a few years ago (I was a dumbass and picked the wrong size and now I never wear it)

What sorta patches are we talkin bout?
Those gay "punk style" patches or patches for actually patching up holes?

wouldn't suggest any stollen valor shit but if you have some nice patches from places you've been or institutions you've belonged to that might be cool

on the shoulders or chest depending on the shape and color of the patch

Hm,that might be nice

To be clear, I'm in the US, and I'd like to keep this purchase under $100.

I understand I can go to a "normal" clothing outlet for a slimmer, more modern cut, whereas a surplus store will be much boxier. Even though fitted is generally more desirable, the more authentic cut feels appropriate, so long as the size is correct.

Or should I just not care and go for the slim cut?

I don't have memes on my phone so I just post wallpapers. Enjoy it!

shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/clothing/men-s-clothing/altimeter-m-65-field-coat

most milsurp was designed with proper fit in mind, surprisingly. especially with european surplus, the waist, chest, torso length, and sleeve length are part of the standard sizing options.
I got my austrian M65 from the filthy jew known as kommandostore, but it was well under $100 and fits me perfectly.

I have the same jacket and found the sizing a little weird

I'm 6'1" / 170 lbs and ended up going with the smallest sizing available, and it's still a little loose on me

I'm 5'10" and about the same weight
You're a right skeleton now aren't ya?

it's mostly muscle my man

Oh you mean the sleeves don't you?
Yeah those were a big issue for me at first too. I sewed on a couple eye and loop clasps to tuck in that extra flab. I'll take a picture of it in a little while if you're still around

I'm 6'1" and considerably heavier, though I've lost a bunch of weight I grew up fat so my bones, skin etc will always be heavier that most people.

I normally wear an L or XL, depending on the article in question.

Im a big guy that follows the same aesthetic. Do I have the skull for a shaved head though?

As long as you know your measurements (which you should, this is Veeky Forums) then finding the right size shouldn't be too hard. Don't be afraid to shoot whatever site you end up on an email if you're unsure of the sizing

Either milsurp or designer.

See Julius_7 (cargoes, boots, some tops), Rick Owens (boots, some jackets, moody vests), some Undercover.

Rick Owens made a jacket that looks similar to what you posted called F1 or something like that, there are a few on grailed.

It's much easier to pull off dark colored authoritarian style military pieces than olive green US pieces.

Any suggestions then? I'm really interested in taking my personal style in this direction.

This. I have a pretty large collection of surplus jackets, but I never wear them with any pants of the same type. A nice czech army jacket with some jeans looks great.

From what I've found on sizing slavic stuff is generally smaller than expected, nordic, dutch and belgian, is larger. Rest seems normally sized

General rule, although you can get by with two or three if it's hiden(ie socks, undershirt)

Would a tracksuit w/ a serbian feildshirt be a good fit, or would i lool autistic

Joey Bada$$ wore street wear(circa 2012) under a military jacket and made it look pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDWAk8-leVA

A slightly unusual (and therefore more interesting) option you can go with is the 1970s vietnam vet look

M65 jacket (handsewn patches a must), high waist, some nice boots, etc

one of my personal favourite looks

I really want a parka like the Waffen-SS used to wear, money isn't an issue but all I have found are shitty replicas that would make one look autistic.

Pic related

If you shave your head people will probably automatically assume your name is Igor.

Not a bad thing tho.