Backpacks

Anyone have some more /fa options when it comes to backpacks? I'm off to college soon and I feel like messenger bags are kind of douchey.

Other urls found in this thread:

ascolour.com.au/1004-field-backpack.html
carryology.com/
doughnutofficial.com/index.php/shop/doughnut.html
carhartt-wip.com.au/store/mens/accessories/military-backpack/c-28/c-146/p-100547
ssense.com/en-us/men/product/haerfest/ssense-exclusive-black-canvas-h1-backpack/2339507
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The military bags are pretty Veeky Forums, I'm pretty fond of the incase bags but they don't have as many cool colors as they used to.

Do they pill tops at all? I feel like the only way to avoid that would be to get a leather bag but I'd much rather not rock a leather backpack. They certainly look nice tho.

Just buy whatever you think looks good and will last a while, but nothing too big. If you pack for the day and not for the week, you can slim down on what you carry considerably and it'll save your looks and your back. On some days I carry just my laptop (then I don't carry a backpack) and on others, I have my laptop, a binder, pencils/pens, one or two books, and that's it.

pic: my backpack

Really want to cop this. Thoughts?

Jansport with a seamripper can be nice

Seems like a decent cop to me

ascolour.com.au/1004-field-backpack.html

Either this or a Jansport Superbreak with the logos ripped off

knapsacks are nice if you dont carry a shitton of stuff to every class

GAY

DANK! minimalism ftw

but how to I maximize the value per kg given n items with value v and weight v and just c capacity?

weight w, of course

if you were trying to maximize value per kg, you'd just find the most valuable, light things to put in the backpack
i dont think the backpack's capacity is relevant except as a metric to determine the approximate volume of the objects in the pack in the end calculation

I'm sorry but the greedy strategy does not provide an optimal solution in polynomial time

I'll be kind enough to provide a counterexample

come on, try harder, there's 1 million $ waiting if you find a solution, imagine all the rick you could buy. You'd also change the world as we know it, probably.

pnp so good luck.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING PROVE IT

carryology.com/

Just get an Adidas/Nike/Puma one for cheap

Don't do a jansport. Gross.
Also fucking awful.
R/mfa tier taste.
>cheap
Consider either getting a job or not posting?

Seriously, this is a fashion board and you guys are posting this trash? Come on you guys. There are better backpacks than these. Don't cheap out ffs, a good quality beautiful bag will outlast cheap shit, look good throughout, be comfortable and you'll enjoy having it. There's an ssense sale on right now, browse that and wait for a good backpack to go on sale for steep and just cop that.

Would Asians hate me if I wear Anello or Leftfield

Math majors we on the map.

I found this bag after looking for a little bit and it fits the aesthetic I'm into. But $300 for canvas backpack seems a little extravagant for a backpack. Also even on sale a lot of the SSense stuff seems overpriced. I understand it's high quality but there is no way SLP is making a backpack worth a grand.

where do all the asian foreign students get those expensive looking but rather small backpacks? i want one

I thought this was the uggs north face and leggings of the backpack world.

The backpack you posted is leather and nylon, not canvas, and going for 250, not 300. Nylon is surprisingly strong and the leather will most likely be a decent quality.

Also the cost of an slp bag is in part for brand. But quality of materials and craftsmanship play a part as well. Not only that, but their job as a fashion company is to fill the niche of the consumer market that can easily afford a 1k bag. I've tried on slp, rick, Giuseppe Zanotti etc, bags on and there is a definitive difference in feeling, comfort and quality in those bags (both with each other and with

W-2 an unbranded version of this, I'm not paying $200 resale for it

Thanks for your insight, helpful ssense shill!

doughnutofficial.com/index.php/shop/doughnut.html
Check out the other color variations as well

Reverse image search yielded nothing - do have a link for this bag, by any chance?

carhartt-wip.com.au/store/mens/accessories/military-backpack/c-28/c-146/p-100547
not the cheapest but defiantly the best backpack I've owned

it is, you cant go more basic bitch than this

I'm a grown ass man living in NYC, I need a backpack to replace my decade+ old north face "tacticool" bag. I know it's a meme but I quite like the Herschel pop quiz, the capacity seems right and the design is acceptable. 2 questions:

1) I have broad shoulders, and an Oakley bag I tried a few years ago kept slipping off, basically rendering it useless. Will the Herschel have this problem, or can it accommodate the larger-shouldered gentleman?

2) My eye was initially drawn to pic related, but I think one of the heather / grey options would be more versatile. I know "buy what you like," but am I limiting myself if I go for this?

This would for shopping and day trips - the beach, music festivals, etc - not work.

Anything other than eastpak is a waste of money.
They literally have a lifetime guarantee.

So does mountain equipment co. but if the decision to purchase something in your life is based only on a lifetime guarantee, you don't belong here

I fucking hated algorithms. Curse you Thomas Cormen

If it's not black and covered in MOLLE ur doing it wrong.

CS but yeah.

ok i have the exact same bag (black pop quiz) and i dont really like it. i stole the bag back in highschool and im first year in uni now and ill give u my take on it

no outside pockets so water bottle has to be inside the bag, pisses me off cuz my nalgene is pretty big

large shoulders shouldnt be a problem as long as u keep a snug strap fit

if ur a grown man u look like a person wanting to be young, u may not care about that

my friends grey herchels are all dirty as fuck so dont get grey

id rather get a northface lmao, my next bag is gonna be a nf borealis

These are all pure fashionkino

kys

haven´t got a response in the cop or not thread, so i´m posting this here

Should i cop this? it´39€

where to get in uk?

>all these replies and not a single polynomial solution

can you at least give me an efficient algorithm for its decision problem?

are you guys even trying anymore?

lol just get a black eastpak and throw in some autistic patches like I do

i thought those looked like shit until i saw the supreme logo. w2c?

Thule Paramount 29L

you made my day

Your point about the frustration of Herschel not having outside pockets is well taken, but what I dislike most about my current north face (pic related) is how much shit is on it. I think a clean, simpler bag looks much better on people the older they get, unless he's dressed for the gym/hike/beach, etc.

I feel like a backpack is immature looking by definition, but it's so handy for things like carrying groceries home on the subway, it's worth the trade off. It's just a matter of minimizing that, and zipper/exterior pocket type doesn't help there.

Either way, my current bag is so dirty it's basically black, and several zippers etc are broken. I'll look around since Herschel is kind of played out, but at this point I need to make a decision quickly.

Thanks user!

The yellow and black don't look that bad at all.

>supreme
>fashionkino

kiss

Thoughts?

Not a fan.

Missionworkshop Sanction, Fitzroy if you want to carry groceries in it too.

That aviator looks really fucking good, but apparently it can't fit my giant 15.6 inch thinkpad

Thoughts on Samsonite? Garde LP II has my attention

you're on Veeky Forums and you're worried about looking douchey? lmao

no

Thoughts on the Timbuk2 command?

Wanted the aviator but it turned out to be way too fucking big, but this is the perfect size

Colors make it look like you're heading to school

Looks good.

The gr1 gives me a utilitarian boner.

ssense.com/en-us/men/product/haerfest/ssense-exclusive-black-canvas-h1-backpack/2339507

What's the Veeky Forums thing to carry your shit to work in?

ikea backpacks no joke

>there will never be a deterministic algorithm that solves the knapsack problem in polynomial time

>mfw your friends laugh at you because you can only give them exponential time algorithms for 3SAT

>"Hey user, looking NP Complete as always haha"
>"y-you too"

You're a retard, you're not clever for posting this unrelated shit in the backpack thread on the fashion board, and the trivial solution for literally anyone who has heard of this problem is DP

I hope I never have to interact with you in real life

kill yourself

C/N?

i'm a grill & looking for a durable bag w drink and laptop pockets. does this look good?

>Missionworkshop

Hot! I like waxed canvas though it may not be practical / worth the extra cost.

Either way, thanks user.

or this one

>anyone who has heard of this problem is DP
>retard
>claims to have a DP solution to the 0-1 knapsack problem when its a known NP-Hard problem

>I hope I never have to interact with you in real life

yeah I hope you don't because you sound like an absolute condescending dick who doesn't even know his CS theory

and before you continue trying to argue your point

>pseudo-polynomial != polynomial
>it's still inefficient as shit, we want a true polynomial efficient solution

freitag

im getting this one in the 20 size

Check out Bravo. I got one of their bags and its the best bag I have ever owned (I have also owned a C&C Isar Raw).

The quality is insanely good for the price you pay (the markup is really small when compared to other companies) and their bags are hella light and spacious.

Their bags are unique but versatile as well (i.e. you don't need a specific type of fit for the bag to suit you like the Isar).

Is that an sjw thing? I have one and love it but I feel like pretty much every sjw looking person has one.

>using "sjw" unironically in any context
>worrying about looking like an "sjw"
>challenging your preferences because "sjw"s share them

Anyone ever use Superdry backpacks? Was looking into getting one

asking because i dont want /pol/tards autistically screeching at me irl but sure whatever you say

Copped pic related 60% off from the Mr. Porter sale

How's this backpack? Looking for a minimal backpack that's water resistant, has side pockets, and can fit a 15" laptop.

kek

>mfw no decent minimalist backpacks
have bottle pockets on the side

fucking hell

What's the best kind of backpack for airport carry on?

Preferably looking for something like this but in black, and not over $60

Oh shit what's that brand called again? I like this and remember seeing it before. Great cop

Everlane Modern Zip Backpack

>autism alert