Which is more versatile, boot or derby?

Which is more versatile, boot or derby?

were you actually autistic enough to cop both of those?

I'm thinking no.

Are you autistic enough to ask such a silly question?

Boots are too trendy now.

>versatile
>posts picture of docs
you're a special kind of retarded, anyone who wants a versatile shoe would either look for a boot or boot sneaker mix, who the fuck wears derbys outside of a white collar setting?

To begin if you're looking for function do not go leather unless its treated.
Usually you'd go synthetic, I personally recommend gortex as it is breathable and waterproof.

Now as fact of your post I'm sure this is not the information you wanted, but a versatile shoe is not going to be in fashion. If you're going hiking or working outdoors I advise you stop looking for something that "looks cool" but brand you could find looks and versatility are merrell or timberlands.

Decent bait

Something can be fashionably versatile, though. By that I mean something that can be dressed up or dressed down, something inoffensive when paired with a multitude of different colors or styles, etc. I think that's probably what he's talking about. Your description of versatility seems to take a lot more from utility instead.

In Texas, I can wear derbies all year long. Boots only for winter.

if you're a fag, boots

Neither

Would the derbys look ok on someone who lifts? Im 6'3 and have long legs but theyre thicc

derbies are just dress shoes

why are people freaking out

they're the most simple type of shoe known to man

Derbies are not inherently dress shoes, the last shape, sole and materials can really change the "dressynes" of a derby shoe. And oxfords are even more dress shoes than derbies.

barely any difference between derbs and oxf

i agree

think best of both worlds: goretex dress shoe

but what about a guy whos jacked and shredded lol

entire thread is like aspergers support group, jesus guys i thought we were relatively normal

well those combat boots are fucking horrible to begin with and making them doc martens is even worse
>lib arts student

the derbys are nice, though. try the MIE pair if your going to go with a cheap brand

also
>i took the bait

>this whole post
wow

I honestly can not recommend suicide enough for your ignorance

That's a retarded thing to say.
That would be like saying that pants are too trendy now.

I'd say the boots are more versatile but I'd get both to be safe.

shorts ftmfw

If your hair is blue go for the boots

if your is a bowl cut go for the derby

I forgot I'm on effay and dealing with a bunch of bourgeois teenagers.

clothes are for normies

I was about to create a thread but this came in nicely
So I was looking for the name of the type of shoe in the left, now I now it's called derby
I've been meaning to cop one for a long time now, the the thing is, now that I'm searching for it, seems like most of them have a more "serious" look about them (not sure how to word it, basically it means that they're too social and looks like the type of thing that you'd wear with a suit)
Anyone knows shoes similar to OP's pic (left one) that ain't as "social" as that one?
I'm a poorfag, can't affor Dr Martens

If you cant even afford docs, you shouldn't be buying a pair of derbies in the first place. just save up.

a

ebay is your friend
either new or used

get a pair of postmans