Watch Thread General

Last one died. Here we go again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BL24_a-oXDY
ebay.com/itm/TOMMY-HILFIGER-Multifunctional-Mens-Quartz-watch-1791293-/322462576248?hash=item4b14446e78:g:VlkAAOSwCU1Y1UDC
forums.watchuseek.com/f21/how-do-you-buy-yobokies-374753.html
erikasoriginals.com/MN-Straps/originalmnstrap.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posted this before but just changed the strap. Found it picking through a box of junk watches a friend bought, he let me have it. Seems this is actually a pretty uncommon watch. I think it's rather neat.

whats the most efffaayyyy watch i can add to this group?

I fell for the meme, can anyone recommend me some better straps than stock one?

I love those shitty 7s26 Malaysian made sub$200 seikos on NATO straps since you can just beat the shit out of them like swim, shoot, cycle and you're not out alot of money

a "Bond" NATO that actually looks like a "Bond" NATO

ooo I dig that, giving me gucci vibes.

>invicta
yuck

Im very aware of invicta, the watch is for fun pls dont be a dick ty

I'd rather not wear a watch than be paid to wear an Invicta

ok sorry but get an orient ray

been looking at the SKX007 or the SRPA21 if i go for another diver, again, only wanted a cheap submariner clone when i got the invicta

So your idea of fun is look like a Tapout-wearing faggot?

why not mod it?

you can cook the fake cyclops off of it and do what this guy did, new hands, cut down crown guard, sand off invicta logo and remove invicta logo on counter weight

youtube.com/watch?v=BL24_a-oXDY

Its sick

would rather a fake rolex submariner than invitca

can some id this please?
thanks

No lmao, i only like their homage pieces and classic Invictas(before shitty giant watch era) no reason to be a sperg

I am modding it eventually(main reason I bought it) i like the SKX007 the way it is at the time being and id rather fuck up on a 80 dollar watch than a 200 dollar one, Im probably going to go for a sapphire crystal upgrade, ceramic bezel and some other shit too, I like the hands so thats staying

it was worth it every cent.
t. w59 owner

Cop or not?

You can buy a mechanical Seiko for less than $100 so no

>dual tone

nah.

looks like a hamilton, jazzmaster series

get a mechanical dood

Seiko movement, looks well made for the price, not all invictas are shit you know.

Does this make me look like a nigger?

no, just poor. Wait a minute...

but they make so many that are, why bother keeping track ?

just buy a seiko or orient equivalent and don't have everyone laughing at your choice of watch

how did I do? What strap should I get for it?

What makes Seiko watches so good? Watch noob here.

They are not. It's just a brand aura. Like NIKE

Why does everyone who wants a more expensive watch go for Omega? It's just a meme. There are better, nicer looking watches for the price.

What would you recommend for a nice looking watch under $300? With stainless steel. I've been looking at Seiko specifically.

It's a Seiko move alright. But Seiko has been outsourcing movements on low end watches for 20 years now.

People point to spring drive Seiko fit and finish then go out and buy a Seiko 5 or worse an invitation with the equivalent of a miyota movement and expect it to carry the same prestige

>They are not. It's just a brand aura.

they do have a notable place in watch history.
what are you talking about?

go to amazon and check out Lorus and Pulsar watches. they are Seiko sub-brands for very little money but you get a great watch without even having to pay more than 50 bucks. they got all sorts of styles and I recommend them for watch noobs because this is how I kinda started out at first. pic related is one of their submariner related divewatches. you can see if you like them without dumping 300 bucks on a watch immediately. if you'd rather want a mechanical watch and not quartz, check out Seiko 5.

jesus you got the cheapest versions of every watch brand. that seiko is garbage, change the strap at least. and invicta makes decent quality watches in fact they use pretty high end materials and movements in that price range but they are direct rip offs of genuine rolex pieces and that makes them fucking trash. have some self respect you scummy fuck, but the first casio is nice.
two tone trash
ugly but beautiful and deceptively small, not a great buy though
absolute gutter rubbish

Was gifted this watch a few years back. It's oversized and overpriced, but it still has some pretty decent details.

It says Swiss made but I'm pretty sure the movement is actually Chinese, which would probably lend itself to explaining why I have the problem I do. When I try to wind it, the crown simply winds backwards. If I hold it and continue winding, I'm met with an increasing resistance.

Anyone know what the issue could be? I haven't taken it to a watch expert yet, but I don't feel like waisting my time if the fix will be more expensive than I feel this watch is worth. From research I've done, it sounds like the mainspring is broken, which may or may not be expensive depending on the movement.

R8 my SKX007-mod

sure

ebay.com/itm/TOMMY-HILFIGER-Multifunctional-Mens-Quartz-watch-1791293-/322462576248?hash=item4b14446e78:g:VlkAAOSwCU1Y1UDC

I like your PMT bezel insert (poor man's time) I hate your saw tooth "live and let die" bezel serrations.

W2c this insert

> $850
Thinking to get these. Thoughts?

I don't like the look of it, but I couldn't tell you if it's a good a bad watch

best watch itt damn

Yobokies is the guy.

forums.watchuseek.com/f21/how-do-you-buy-yobokies-374753.html

ewww

Is it alright to wear watches with thin wrists? I'm a skelly so generally things look strange on me

Just get an appropriate size. The trend in the market nowadays is very large watches, so that's what you'll typically see many wearing, but there is a large market for 34 mm and 36 mm watches that will suit you. Thin wrists call for thin watches with a smaller diameter, which unfortunately will exclude you from the more sporty watches that are very popular right now (most chronos & divers), and will probably land you with dressier watches.

tag is garbage

I unironically wish you'd get banned for this post.
get into real watch manufacturers.

nice find

I just got one of these as well. I went with a Strapcode Super Oyster (it's still in the mail).

god tag makes ugly fucking crackerjack box watches

ugly. you can get a better looking timex.

that watch face is super cringe

Looks like a fake Rolex Submariner

This is mine. Its my 2nd watch and I prepair to upgrade.

Don't listen to that other asshole. Seiko represent an exceptional value for the price and are so highly regarded because they provide Swiss-level consistency at Japan-level cost.

Are their materials and finishing comparable to luxury watches? No, of course not. But you're getting far more quality and attention than you'd otherwise get for the price.

So much poverty in this thread.

Their is a Rolex?

Poverty is Veeky Forums

the seiko is pretty aesthetic imo depends on the fit

This nigger is still posting?

Don't listen to him about it being "shitty Malaysian made". It's a great watch. Get a bunch of nato straps, be sure to get a black one. Preferably with brushed hardware.

Nice, not very fond of the bezel, though. What do you want to trade it for?

SNKs always look worse on their stock straps, they need a bit of contrast. Get that 805 on a brown leather and it looks sick.

Just received my first decent watch as a father's day gift. The first one I've owned that wasn't $10 at Walmart. Plus it's special because I was born in Pensacola. Ideas for nato strap color? I was thinking a navy blue with the yellow stitching or accents but can't find that combo anywhere for sale. Thanks Veeky Forums!

erikasoriginals.com/MN-Straps/originalmnstrap.html

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually really dig his leather straps

What sort of watch looks alike to this. I really like the look of this. (the band is Alt-J btw)

How do you guys feel about this watch?

This is ugly asf

A touch screen watch with a fake diamond bezel?

baka

r u a grill? I think it's better to keep it simple with smartwatches. I guess it looks okay but I'm not a grill so whatever.

my brother gave me an engraved mechanical watch for standing up at his wedding. I can't find a picture of it anywhere on google, is my watch just that exclusive?

tell your brother not to buy you a $7 no name watch off ali next time

but actually, post a picture with your phone

Love Seiko, absolutely bullet proof. Can't go wrong with the turtle, skx, or any part of their prospex dive line

Yes user, we all know that the diamonds on your watch are completely authentic.

Either post your watch or shut up, faggot.

Literally one of the cheapest Rolex's available to buy.

so much salt

R8 my diverse collection

What is wrong with your

>sewor... Literally shit watch

Dude, unless you're a pimp, no man should have diamonds on their watch.

baka

nah those aren't live like mine with the silver/platinum face

Other user is right.

That's a Sewor Skeleton.

I assure you there is nothing platinum about it.

Costs about $14.

The real question is why anyone would get a $14 watch engraved.

>The real question is why anyone would get a $14 watch engraved.

To make him feel like it was special.

I'm torn between wondering if it's a nice attempt by someone poor to give an unusual gift.. or if the brother is an absolute cunt who would embellish a 14 dollar purchase into some "silver/platinum exclusive watch".

Then again it could all be trolling because I don't know who wouldn't just google the brand name when getting a gift to gauge how much it was, so you have some idea of where your karmic payback level lies for future gifts back.

It seems bizarre.

Probably trolling.

I stunt on hoes with my new watch

Dude you are disgustingly cringe

shave the stache and for the love of god, don't do shit like that with your hands unless you're on the front of a cookbook.

Hi Veeky Forums I've never really been to this board but I am starting to take my appearance more seriously lately by wearing more mature/masculine clothes, nice shoes, cologne, etc.

I'd like to add a watch to my wardrobe but don't really know where to start. I don't want to spend more than a few hundred dollars and want something that is both simple and subtle, not flashy or haughty, no smartwatches, no crazy dials with all sorts of shit going on and gears everywhere, etc.

Any ideas? I was looking at googs and saw pic related which is sort of the track I was thinking but its like a $700 watch.

Post the watch, faggot.

that watch sucks and those poses are horrible.
get a nice watch instead and not chinese trash.

Should I get this

Or this

Newest cop

Decide what kind of watch you want first.

>Field Watch
Hamilton Khaki
>Dive Watch
Seiko SKX007
>Dress Watch
Orient Bambino

There are other types of watches as well, but that should get you started. Those are all very popular and respected for their price range. Don't forget you can switch out the strap on any of these watches. Look them up on google images or something for inspo on this. The SKX007 is probably the most versatile of the three. You could wear it on a metal bracelet for a dressier look (although not necessarily "formal") or dress it down with a nato strap for a more casual look.

you look exactly like the kind of guy who would wear a 15$ watch and tell people it costs 5000$

I would've lost hard if he threw the "watch" into the pool desu senpai

I'd respect a guy with a fake Patel more than someone with a Daniel Wellington and Kanye west sneakers