surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

first for antaeus is god

my samples came today, i put on some wonderwood and immediately jizzed my pants

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Invictus or Azzaro Wanted?

>CdG re-releases Garage, Tar, and Soda but not Dry Clean
>Bond No. 9 refuses to re-release Andy Warhol
>CB I Hate Perfume won't stop being a bunch of jews

this industry is full of dipshits

Fragrances are seen as a luxury, so of course they try to be exclusive.

A store near me still has Andy Warhol. I sampled it but nah. Not too upset about it getting discoed.

I didn't know it was possible for a fresh soapy scent to be cloying until I smelled Amber Pour Homme. I'm just not feeling it boys.

Is perfume.com legit? Good deal on an AdG tester but I don't wanna get ripped

Try Infusion d'homme by Prada.

Yes i know this feeling. Amber pour homme also can sit with me funny sometimes

post em if you got em

Which one of those Aventus clones do you like best?

cedrat boise? idk what you mean bud

which store

So what do you think? How's my collection coming along? Rate?

The decant is Virgin Island Water.

Looks great, what are your favorites?

Roja Enigma, Jubilation XXV, Mefisto.

Love Bat, too, though it's not very wearable. Very unique, very interesting, kind of earthy, musky, leathery, tropical fruit. Smells a bit like dirt and rotting fruit, not something to wear when you go out, but it's really a cool scent.

They're all fantastic in their own way. Scent of Peace and Cedrat Boise are more like Aventus cousins than clones. Scent of Peace is best in warm weather and Cedrat Boise is my fall-winter or evening choice due to its vanilla sweetness. Pineapple Vintage Noir is the closest to a straight up Creed Aventus clone, but both PV versions are fresher and cleaner than the original. I own other Aventus clones as well as the Creed, but never even think to wear them anymore.

What's your least favorite?

Which of these makes the better general cold weather fragrance:
CH Men Privé
or
Dior Homme
?

how similar are pure malt and havane? I have malt and the original a men but can also get a bottle of havane for 50 bucks

Probably BDC. It doesn't last long even though it's an EDP, and after the opening, on my skin, it just dries down to smoky wood, basically. Don't wear it too often.

Quite different. Havane is a sweet, rich, tobacco, vanilla frag. They're not really similar at all.

Totally different

Only you can be the judge of that. CH Men Prive is definitely more traditionally masculine with its boozy and spicy notes. Iris is the main note in Dior Homme which gives is a very powdery, almost cosmetic smell. Personally I love Dior Homme but I know that a lot people think it's too feminine. Just sample them and see what you like, both should be available at most department stores

Invictus Aqua

I've sampled both and love them both but I',m just having trouble deciding. I agree that CHMP is more masculine and I do appreciate that, I was more interested in how generally likeable they are to people around you.

Fuck yes it is. Current is still great, but vintage is extra so.

:D

ew

I on the other hand, found them similar enough that I traded Havane away. The A*Men DNA is strong enough to me to make the featured accord almost superfluous IMO.

paco rabanne pour hombre anyone? I have the tester version of it and it fades pretty quick and my father has the original store bought one and it lasts all day I dont understand why I thought testers were the same chemicals as the original perfume? help...

how long do 25 ml bottles last? say I wear two sprays every day

I don't really want to spend the extra money for the next size up (100ml) because that's a pretty huge amount

When did your dad buy his bottle? My first thought was a reformulation. I have a mini of vintage and it does indeed last a good while. And testers are the same juice as the current retail formulation.

A typical atomizer is ~0.1ml/spray on average. You can do the math from there.

I bought mine through a seller on ebay and he bought it at macy's.

>When

didn't know that, thanks senpai

Going to a wedding next weekend and I think this frag would be perfect (sort of on theme even though this name is more because it's a rework of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby [I Don't Swallow] than it is a reference to actual wedding vows). I am really into white florals lately and like that this has gourmand qualities to it. Any thoughts?

I love the opening, but I hate that harsh, bitter chemical base. I kind of wonder if I have a fake? Everyone else seems to love it, what does it smell like to you after a few hours?

It dethroned Fahrenheit on my top list this winter. Classic frags are unbeatable imho

My fellow Scent of Peace brotha

A fragrance that has been getting popular lately in my area is it's cheap but smells amazing.

where can i buy the ultimate fragrance made by grenouille in The Perfume

Whats a good edp to get for my girlfriend, as her birthday is coming up? She swears by Lady Million, but i feel like thats a tad heavy for summer. Any suggestions?

I love this perfume so so much

DKNY Be Delicious?

Probably pineapple vintage, the Aventus clones...

What is the consensus on custom fragances? Good? Bad? As good as your taste? Recently got one that smells really nice. Reminds me of one my father had when I was little, but cannot put my finger on which one ot was. It has woody tones, sandalwood, another woody scent I cannot identify, jasmine, leather, it is musky and sweet without being overwhelming, some vanilla, maybe some rum and something I can only describe as young dad in a suit vibes. Really smooth.

Also what fragance does that remind you of?

Good hot summer frag that perfoms well?
And no, not shit like adg profumo.
Not too floal either.

try one of creed's freshies. VIW, MI, SMW

>bought prada Eau Sport

>no one even notices it it's so quiet

Why did i buy water

Any suggestions on something else soapy and floral for men?

couldnt have said it any better myself

What are some recommendations if I love L'Homme and Jazz Club?

Davidoff Zino perhaps.

Would Davidoff's The Brilliant Game be a good alternative to 1 Million?

What if I'm poor?

Where would one go about getting a custom fragrance? I have an idea for one I'd love to try out.

i can't decide between cdg wonderwood & black

help

Yeah

Prada is the house for soapy smells. Infusion Iris Cedre performs really well. All the infusions I've tried seem strong.

>tfw you get a new bottle from fragrancenet
>Encre Noire à l'Extrême
>tfw you notice a sample in the box too
>Exceptional Because You Are for Men
>tfw when you already have three of these fucking things and have been getting them for at least five years
Jesus Fucking Christ give it up people.

How is EN à l'Extrême? Thought the original was interesting but I loved Sport.

Was planning to get cdg amzingreen, but never had the chance to try it. I'm wearing ysl m7 actually, do somebody got any thought on the CDG one ?

I'm think about buying Allure Homme Edition Blanche, should I get the EDT or EDP? Also thinking about getting Gaultiers Popeye, YAY OR NAY?!

Interested in blind buying CH Men Prive
Looking at the notes it seems like something I'd like.
What do you guys think about it?

I think the EDT is discontinued so all of them now are the EDP.

I blind bought it, didn't like it at first and couldn't wear it because of warm weather. After buying CH Men and comparing them both I actually really like Prive more.
I would say it's worth it, it's not too expensive and at least the bottle is interesting.

>couldn't wear it because of warm weather.

Of course, I'm thinking I might just wait until F/W but I don't know if the demand for it will increase by then. Also most of my collection is FW scents so I have a lot in my rotation that I have to use. I suppose I'll wait.

I have a sample of it, smells kind of like one of those trees you hang off of your mirror

haven't worn it yet but first impressions aren't as interesting as the other cdg stuff I have

I've got a tough one for you guys. I'm looking for a gift for my father and this one is going to be special. When I was a small child he wore Halston z-14 as his daily and all of my memories from that time are tied to that scent. I'm looking for something similar to that scent but more refined. Grown up if you will. I sincerely appreciate your help!

A few hours in to my first wearing, it certainly has the deep smoky vetiver backbone, but it is not as wet and earthy and oppressive. Cypress and sandalwood smooth out the edges and make it a bit more sophisticated. Another excellent flanker and one which I think I'll get more mileage out of than the original, which I love, but rarely wear.

Thoughts on Jimmy Choo Ice? Just tried a sample page thing and I loved it

Tom Ford Italian Cypress

Check out 1 Million Prive

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it!

Sounds absolutely perfect. Looks like around $185 for 50ml. Is it worth it?

First time i used Dior Sauvage and it feelt weak no one noticed i was using it i did 3 shots (2 in the neck and 1 in the chest)

Also feelt like it lost all its power about 5 hrs

should i spray more? 5 times?

It's like getting a haircut. If no one says anything they probably didn't like it. Spraying on more will NOT help this situation.

disregard.

more sprays more bitches

actually i told my coworker about it and told me he did not smell it, showed him the bottle and said "smells nice"

sauvage is weak as fuck and fades quickly.

There is this place in my city that lets you combine different fragances (sadly they tend to come in pairs or in sets of three ingredients), test a bunch of possibilities and then they give you a 50ml or 100ml flask of your creation. You could go to one of those places that sell handmade soap and shampoo and request it too I guess. Or maybe buy the oils yourself.

Mine has, more or less from most noticeable to least noticeable (first three at a tie imo), musk, sandalwood, jasmine, leather, rum, guaiac wood, vanilla (so far I think these are the most noticeable notes), lavender, rose, spices, watermelon and mandarin orange.

Oh and the place I went to had at least 80 different notes and like 150 different combinations of those that you could mix further.

I might be wrong with some of the last notes. Maybe there was patchouli, rosemary and sage too (not sure about this last one). I say this because upon smelling it I doubt there is mandarin orange there. The woody notes are distinguishable but they blend in eventually mid sniff. It is a quite smooth (and just sweet enough for my taste) woody oriental leathery fragance.

So what do you think of armaf frags? How good do they clone and how is the performance?

Where can you get them in europe? I've seen a few people on basenotes/fragantica/yt say to buy them from some indian site takeit2day, anyone gotten anything from them?

its a bit in the opening (because of the whiskey), but the drydown on it is amazing.
It also smells better when it lingers in the air.
It wouldn't recommend it for a young guy though. This one is better suited for 25+.

I have a bottle of club de nuit intense men coming. From everything that I've read, it smells bit hrash for 15-20 minutes, but then its basically aventus, or as close to aventus as you can be considering Creed apparently cant make consistent quality product.

I'm European and I own Armaf CDNIM.
I am VERY pleased with my purchase. I ordered it on amazon for 40 euros for 105 ml (so pretty cheap). Mine was imported from israel, so I had to pay another 15 euros customs which kinda sucked.

For the smell, I don't know how close it is to aventus because I never smelled it. CDNIM lasts very long (8 hours +). Got a compliment once 7 hours after applying. It also smells AMAZING. Also smells better when it lingers in the air.

11/10.

Okay I originally planned to buy Dior Sauvage for summer as it had great performance on my skin.

But I just passed a group of "my dad is a lawyer" type guys and it was like I passed a huge cloud of Sauvage. Now if I ever smell Sauvage I will associate it with this image.

What is a good replacement? I need something that could work as a night out fragrance but also a day fragrance if I needed it too (for summer)

Scents that share the same vibe as Sauvage are: Blue de Chanel, Versace Dylan Blue, club de nuit intense men, Chanel allure Homme sport (Eau Extreme), ...
They are all fresh and very versatile, you could try those.

What would you guys recommend based on my current collection so far?

I'm mostly active at night, sleep during the day.

I kinda feel like I've reached my endgame.

CAHSEE?

>Sauvage are: Blue de Chanel
I don't see this.
>Chanel allure Homme sport (Eau Extreme)
Especially this

>Moustache logo

Dropped harder than a ton of bricks

went to the local designer frag store again, as much as i like fragrances that place is so foreign to me, they all smell bad.

some of the ones i tried:

bleu de chanel: it's true it's fucking generic dont wear that shit
sauvage: last time i said it wasnt so bad but it's actually fucking terrible. axe tier shit what is jeremy even thinking? he loves sauvage and la nuit de l'homme, but fucking terrible pleb shit frags.
and i tried a bunch of others but i dont remember their names. not very noteworthy. fuck designer shit

the versace frags were great though, Eros and that other Dark blue bottle, top tier stuff. also im happy that my sister finally found a proper frag instead of those fucking cheap mists. she got Sky di Gioia by Armani, which isnt so bad.

right now im wearing Into the Void by Juliette has a gun. i guess it smells like what the deep space would smell like.

>bdc is generic
I disagree dude. I get tons of compliments on it

that doesnt make it any less generic. king of the generic

Hmmmm... there don't seem to be any places near me and all the services I've found online restrict you to a very small number of notes and don't have some of the notes I want.

Guess I'd have to mix it myself.