Boots with shorts

>boots with shorts

What does it take to pull this off?

manual labor job

being a girl from tumblr

protecting rhodesia

Why would anyone want to.

Saw a chick wearing docs with shorts in 90 degree NYC today?

Seems miserable.

i wear boots with black jeans daily in 90+ weather
t. miami

Stop. I'm sure it's uncomfortable and you almost certainly look ridiculous.

Function is a key component to style.

Was just about to post this. Fpbp

People grossly overestimate how uncomfortable boots are in hot weather.

No they don't.

Wearing things outside of the purpose/context they were designed for always looks bad.

It is the territory of teenage edgesters.

i wear it because it's not uncomfortable at all
how did you not gather that that was the point of my post
jesus christ get out more
or don't you fucking frail flower

oh wow i didn't realize you were unironically an autist. i wouldn't have bothered replying in that case; you're clearly too far gone to even approach normalcy

Of course it's uncomfortable. That's why warm weather clothing exists you goth autist.

>my experience is everyone's experience
inability to empathize; the definition of autism

How is it uncomfortable. Boots don't get much hotter than shoes you retard.

nigga please

temperature isn't a personal experience

yeah, that's why boots are big in the tropics

and black jeans are scientifically retarded in 90 degree weather

baka

You didn't actually argue against my point. You said it looks bad. I can actually agree with that, it will look awkward and make for a bad fit.
But would it actually be very physically uncomfortable? Not really, people just think it will.

Designed for purpose? Dude, you ever seen a Western movie? Are they wearing chucks or are they wearing leather boots and shoes?

do you wear rain gear on clear days?

do you wear wool sweaters in the summer?

Do you wear seersucker in the snow?

>has never heard of fucking JUNGLE BOOTS
do you have literally no knowledge of South America or the Vietnam War?

yes, in warm environments where you don't want to get bit by snakes, boots make sense with shorts.

that's not what this thread is about, and you know it.

Boots are not designed for cold weather (unless they're cold weather boots). They are just a kind of footwear.
If you were to give them a "purpose" it would be more for an activity than it would be weather. eg. Labour or riding a horse. Those things you can do in any weather.

sure, hiking etc. Of course.

We're talking streetwear.

This is where Veeky Forums goes full retard.

That's an aesthetic thing, I told you I agree there. I was never arguing aesthetics.
I was arguing against the idea that your feet just burst into flames when they're placed in boots on a hot day. Does not happen.

Do us all a favor and go back to mfa
Imagining that you're an actual, breathing member of some society is making my soul hurt

This. If you're an edgy teenager you can maybe get away with wearing boots and black jeans in 90° weather. Any older and you're going to look like an utter try hard or an absolute psycho.

Maybe i'm just weird but i've never dealt with any discomfort wearing boots during the summer, even in texas

Personally, I won't even wear socks once it gets over 80.

be /innadesert/

I saw a bald women at Starbucks mopping the floor with these on

that's because you're a sane individual, user

I think I read it claimed that docs initially got big with housewives that found them more comfortable for chores than other boots available at the time.

Boh at any coffeeshop

what are good alternatives to doc martens if im looking for similar "combat" boots?

Echo desert boots for an old timely look.

Actual milsurp combat boots.

Austrian mountain boots, Norwegian m77, varusteleka (not technically milsurp but made in the m77 factory)

shorts + boots = cringe

Works with tall and skinny people.

Hatred of niggers

Step 1: be GG Allin

oops wrong pic

As a guy fucking nothing unless you want to look like a fag

boots in the summer in texas

makes your boot smell even worse, dat sweaty feet smell

ugh

it's misery

Usually look best with shorts that go to your knees or fall just under. Also helps if you're skinny

But i live in a tropical third world country, what, shouldn't i be stylish too ?