Why is Veeky Forums so against the 'jeans and jacket' look...

Why is Veeky Forums so against the 'jeans and jacket' look? What's this shit about never taking a jacket you bought as part of a suit and wearing it with jeans?

it's like wearing a button down with sweatpants. It's tacky and looks weird. Don't do it unless you have 3 kids or you work in traffic court as an attorney and it's your day off

blazer and jeans can be okay but only when they're meant to be casual-wear. suit jackets are meant to be worn with the suit pants they came with though, it'd be disgusting to try and pair them otherwise

>suit jackets are meant to be worn with the suit pants they came with though, it'd be disgusting to try and pair them otherwise
But it's the same shit.

Yep.

People need to stop with jeans and neckties too.

No it's not, subtle difference change the formality, for instance, patch pockets vs jetted, fabric material, length, type of shoulder, ect.

Maybe in 1980, no-one gives a shit anymore.

absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as it's kept semi-casual

Yeah. It looks ok with 'deconstructed' jackets.

Lower level business sure, but once you get high up the corporate ladder, they care. Jacket with the odd trouser can work but jeans are near bottom of the formality scale.

tom was so pure before science took control of his life

looks like mainstream meteor

You can't see the difference because you don't know shit about clothes. If you came here to challenge people who try to teach you fundamental basics, you'd be better off leaving this website

holy shit his teeth.

holy shit your body dysmorphia.

This look can be summed up pretty simply

it was thought up in a boardroom somewhere by corporate stooges who often use their looks as a method of manipulation
by combining more formal wear with casual wear they hoped to somehow give off an impression of being both intimidating yet also friendly
they want to tell you that they're just a regular old Joe like you but hey don't forget that they're also on a higher stratum of the societal hierarchy because they have a 3 figure salary and their job actually matters
the result: a silly little uniform that tells you everything you need to know about anyone who wears it although you could probably already have guessed by that time because the only place you'll even see it is at a press conference

unless this is who you aspire to be or perhaps already are I would recommend not wearing this

it's not meant to be worn together. if something only looks good with jeans only if the jeans is slim fitted, then it's not meant to work together

No. Blazer and Jeans are cringey and ugly. Literally no difference between a suit jacket and blazer.

Men in suits are only intimidating if you work for them. No one is scared of some dork in a fucking suit on the street. They're just peacocking like women do and other men can see right through it.

No. It will always make a guy look like a douchebag. And not the "cool douchebag" look like man buns. More like the "ugly douchebag" look like men putting blonde highlights in hair. Blazer and Jeans is the quintessential look for a late 30's creepy beta male who is balding and is pudgy with some mid management job .

>MUH FASHUN RULES REEEEE
l agree the op pic looks like shit but it can certainly be worn&look good

I can find a shitload more examples but I guess I proved my point already

If jeans are acceptable, the setting is fairly casual. If the setting is casual wearing a jacket makes you look preppy, which is fine, but preppy fits look way better with different pants.

those work because the jeans are high quality and the colors are fitting.
doesn't work at all. Jeans fit like shit, color doesn't match, they are too skinny for him.

>2000s normie fashion

Fuck I just bought a sports jacket because I wanted that look but you got me self conscious as fuck. No wonder the store owner didn't select any jeans for me and kept handing me chino's he must have known too but was too polite to say anything.
I dodged a bullet that's for sure.

OP, that's not a suit jacket. that's a casual blazer. Big difference in material and length

Jeans and jacket is great for a casual affair, they only look bad in a formal setting as they come off as some half assed attempt to pass as formal.

This board is mostly some 18 year old "dank streetwear" types so I can see how it wouldn't suit most here, but in general it's a good look for anyone 20+

It can look good if you know how to look good

It has to be a sports jacket and the occasion should call for jeans more than dress pants.

The most common of mistakes is using a suit jacket with jeans and whatever the fuck you normally wear without the suit jacket.

Veeky Forums hates fashion faux-pas more than anything, certainly more than the combo

You will look like german manager
And that's bad thing