perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/features/3377-ambergris-myths-truths-and-half-truths
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Is this as good as everyone says it is lads?
Im just looking for compliments and projection

It can be offensive for the first 30 minutes. After that, compliment fucking beast. Girls do love it, and it performs well. Dry down is identical to aventus dry down.

reposting from last thread
What is parfums de marly herod like? Sounds amazing
Do people like it when they smell it on you or is it one of those niche fragrances that's hard to appreciate for the general population

reposting from last thread as well

what should I wear if my sole intention is dropping panties?

are there any CdG frags that fit that bill? because I tried wonderwood and black and I liked those, they don't have to be CdG tho

Sauvage, Aventus, D&G The One

I think it's pleb af personally and strongly disliked it. I find it harsh, not just during the opening half hour, but for the entire wear in general. To each his own. My bottle is sitting in the back of my frag cabinet collecting dust.

Pineapple Vintage and PV Noir are my only recommended Aventus clones.

yeah but uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

CdG frags are for dudes who like dudes in my opinion. I don't see women flipping for any of them.

I'll second Aventus and Sauvage for poon hunting.

basenotes.net/features/3377-ambergris-myths-truths-and-half-truths

Invictus, Sauvage, etc. Women die over those kinds of frags.

My Sauvage bottle is running out. And its true its my girlfriend's favorite and I get compliments everytime I wear it. Even once in a human dissection where the room stinks of formaldehyde and death I managed to pick up a compliment on it

Though, my bottle is running out. I can't decide if I want to get another bottle or get something else since Sauvage is smelling so well, though ive only smelt it in the wild once or twice.

Is perfume.com legit? Does anyone have any experience with it? They have a good father's day sale right now but don't wanna get shafted

definitely going to get sauvage, any more fall/winter scent recs tho?

no creed pls, unless it's some voodoo magic shit that will get me laid everywhere I go I can't spend $300+ for a bottle of cologne

Recommend me a good summer night out/date fragrance

1 million, Pure Malt (Though it's less pure poon hunting and more smells fantastic)

AdG Profumo.

>any more fall/winter scent recs
spicebomb, CH men prive, la nuit de l'homme, armani code profumo

>AdG Profumo

Tried it and hated it. Smells too heavy in a bad way.

maybe millesime imperial. versace dylan blue, sauvage would work too.

Hm, Dylan Blue? Still kinda heavy, but that's what summer night frags usually are.

SAUVAGE???? DUDDE

FUCKING PLEB WWWTTTTFFFFFF

WTTTTFFF FUCKING PLEB SAUVAGHE LMAOOMMO

Will check out Dylan Blue. How does it smell compared to Sauvage? I dislike Sauvage because after some time it morphs into abroxan/ambergis or whatever that is impossible to get away out of clothes if you don't wash them and that part lats way too much on my skin, plus I don't like that heavy ambroxan smell.

Ok you don't like that kind of frag. You can try The One, it would work in the cool summer nights.

Damn, it does have a fair bit of ambroxan. What is your price range? Could rec some niche ones, most designer summer night frags are about the same. BdC could work if you like it, I don't care for it myself.

Woops, mistyped smelling for selling*
also

LOL NO ROSE OUD OR AMBERGRIS KYS LOL FAGT IF YOU ARENT REPULSING PEOPLE WITH YOUR AUTISTIC TASTE IN PERFUME YOURE A NORMIE XDDDDD

Nothing wrong with a good rose oud though

t. wearing NY Oud rn

does la nuit dry up as quick as everyone seems to say?

Yep, people are only going to smell it on you for 1-2 hours.

jeez what's the point of it then

The summers here get really warm and humid so thats off.

I don't hate ambroxan it just gets too much in Sauvage. I will still try Dylan Blue.

I am aiming at designers because it's just something I will wear maybe once a week during 3 months.

Creed MI. Smells like money and has that fruity aquatic thing that women seem to love going.

My gf wanted to buy me cologne for my birthday the other week and we picked out pic related. I have literally never come to Veeky Forums before and am just recently starting to take my appearance more seriously. How did we do?

not bad, but not great either

Pretty average, but if you and your GF like it, it doesn't matter what other people think as long as it's not bad.

What are some other scents that have to sit for a bit before becoming good? Pic related, once the opening is over it's such a wonderful frag, but it starts off a bit wonky.

Thanks, we like the nice "fresh clean" smell and how its sweet up front then has manly/leathery finish (if that makes sense).

I figured it was generally considered a decent cologne but I always associated lacoste with "preppy" or boyish and wanted to know if that was the consensus.

brands are pretty meaningless when it comes to fragrances outside of the style the house makes. the scents have nothing to do with the fashions, i'd wear a brittney speares frag if i thought it was quality

How IS this? seems tempting

Why was this awesome frag discontinued?

Is L'Oreal fucking with us or are they the ones selling them legit on ebay?

If so, they might've found a way to curb the grey market.

Really my only consistent compliment getter. I bought 120 ml in feb and its about out

I'm not a huge Creed guy, but I've noticed most of the time I wear this someone asks me which Axe I'm wearing. Whereas original Aventus gets at least a "you smell nice"

Great new tag line for Sauvage. Sauvage, smells better than a corpse.

There's nothing challenging about it and it smells great, but if you're after compliments with your tobacco-ish fragrance, go with the crowd-pleasing The One

I love Light Blue by Dolce & Gobanna

Whats a good fragrance that is sorta like that? Or one that I might like?

Versace Pour Homme is a fantastic scent and has a very similar vibe.

>Versace Pour Homme

Thank you, best place to buy?

gonna ask again

I tried cdg black and I liked it but I hear better things about man 2 despite never trying it, which should I get? It's either one of those two or wonderwood

I'm wearing Tocca's Florence a lot lately!

fragrancenet or notino

also if youd like to step your game up, allure homme sport is nicer than VPH and has better performance but its more than double the price

How good is this new ELDO fragrance?

take your pick

patrician tier is fresh money and black

I just bought the one edp, did I fuck up?

>fresh

you better mean fresh blue musk and not fresh guy

I mean, the only way you fucked up is that you're gonna have to wait a shitload of time for the colder months to wear it so it isn't overwhelming.

Do any of you guys carry your perfumes with you?, in a small atomizer or anything?, any general/specific recommendations if so?, don't want this crap busting open in my bag.

Those sprayers though. I love it.

Lmao you got me there

how the fuck do i get the cologne smell to last the whole 7 hours at work

the scent disappears soon as i get to work

What fragrance are you using? May be a bad performer/not work well on your skin.

ralph lauren for $80~

Ralph Lauren is a designer, not a specific fragrance.

See, the great thing about this stuff is you can wear it AND use it to clean your windows.

What fragrances have a very masculine smell?

well it is 90% alcohol

If you're going for a more old school masculine, try Versace Eau Fraiche. New, try Dior Sauvage.

How different is it from the new cube bottle one?

:)

Thank you.

I don't know, I've never smelled the reformulation.

Never smelled man 2 but I can strongly recommend wonderwood, got a free sample and 10+ people asked me what I was wearing

almost everything slumberhouse. try norne

dior farenheit also smells 0% feminine

Guys, I wanna smell like flowers. During colder months I use TF oud wood but now it's summer, and I want flowers. Light but intoxicating, little like a rose you bury your nose in to have the most intense feeling of smell but it just doesn't seem to be enough.

The issue? All I've found smell ultra feminine. I'm not particularly insecure with my manliness but they smell I-borrowed-my-girlfriends-parfume-feminine, which really doesn't fit a single man.

I live in a periferia where it's pretty difficult to smell anything but Boss etc.

Have you tried Rose 31?

Just to clear it up, I'm the Shadilay britfag that has this. But I still disagree and laugh at the flaming sample tart that probably faps over Roja or whatever. Like I get why people like niche and stuff, but the classism against others just for preferring designer is pathetic. Like if you are just getting it for a status symbol, then please don't, and let someone who will genuinely love the fragrance experience it.

Also I'm just commenting randomly after seeing it, I am not the person that brought the lucky scent image up x3

Xerjoff Mefisto. Big rose with citrus, lavender, and iris. Very sexy scent, quite masculine, very sophisticated. It's a very alluring, mature floral.

Expensive, though.

???
I was just saying frags with real ambergris must be expensive as fuck and Haute Luxe was an example

I'm not Samplesperg, but I love Roja's fragrances. I have Enigma and it's probably my favorite scent ever. I want 51, Fruity Aoud, Scandal, and Fetish as well. I'd love Haute Luxe, but realistically, that ain't happening.

I find his fragrances very unique. They have something to them that just doesn't smell like anything else. Once you're familiar with his fragrances, you know them when you smell them. Even if someone's wearing one of his scents you've never smelled before, you'll know it's his work. I can't really explain it better than that, but they're just different from anything else I've ever smelled. Like, Enigma is a tobacco scent that somehow smells nothing like a tobacco scent.

2 is inferior to wonderwood, get black or ww

the opening of Kiste was so fucking disgusting but it's alright now. smells like something furry. antique well maintained dark red rug? resident evil 4?

Oh no I'm not throwing shade at you, I'm just against people that are acting uppity (well one person really)

I do too. Although there are a handful that personally do not appeal to me, I am a fan of his M.O, which is why I believe he is popular, creating the idea of "perfect perfumes" in a sense of that there is one blend that will strike a chord with someone as opposed to "the ultimate perfume" that is universally loved bar none. I love haute luxe, I sniffed it blind alongside Enigma d'or and a couple of AP concentrations (musk and amber aoud if I'm correct) but I don't consider it to be perfume that everyone will love, I just personally enjoy every part of it. Although I am sure he will release more exclusives as his brand expands (i.e The Gulf collection now having 5 perfumes in total as a form of exclusives to countries in the M.E.) I agree that a number of his creations have been done before, but if you look in the early days of modern perfumery, even the originators sniffed each others creations and attempted to better it. So all the fuss people kick up about "oh this Roja is a complete RIP OFF of ______" is ridiculous. You have legendary fragrances like l'heure bleue that would not exist if it wasn't for Coty's L'origin. Will Roja be beaten in terms of the creamy smoothness and blending? Maybe one day when technology keeps growing.

But even after all the praise that I give Roja in those respects, I still love a number of designer fragrances too, it just depends on my mood. I could wear haute luxe which I'm sure contains a degree of what it claims to have, but I could also equally enjoy a handful of designer fragrances for how their scent transitions.

Also as far as I'm aware, 1960s-1980s Bal A Versailles has real ambergris in it too. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, I will go more into detail as I don't want to give too much of a text wall to you all!

>I still love a number of designer fragrances too
you couldnt be any more of a pleb even if you tried to.

pic related, you

If that is the case then I am a proud pleb ;)
Damn I'm feeling pretty crazy right now, anyone want to
>Run through fields of wheat?

I suppose you've never eaten at a chain restaurant or shopped at a discount retailer either.

im joking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is not me x3

Should I get Dylan Blue or Sauvage? Anyone who has both please tell me how they compare

Also just gonna tag on a pic of an original 60s formula of 15 ml parfum
(and no I didn't buy it because of what Genesis are using as marketing tools, with certain celebrities wearing it, it outpricing joy etc etc. My auntie had an old bottle and said she knew someone who had the original thing preserved, even though some of the box is iffy and slightly worn)

I saw people talking about it here so much that i finally bought a sample and I REALLY like it - both the scent itself and the performance. I wanted to buy a bottle but is it worth looking into other Creed fragrances if I'm looking for a warmer weather/universal scent? I mean I don't want to spend more money for kinda expensive samples if i'm gonna go with Aventus after all.

I like to run with Original Vetiver on warm days during Spring and Summer, switching to 'heavy' freshies like Aventus in the evening.

Thanks, I will try it out first especially since the price seems to be on the lower end from their other frags

Yeah, there are absolutely some designer fragrances I enjoy and wear fairly frequently as well. Roja, for me, is not something I wear every day, especially given how expensive it is, I want it to last. Even if it was dirt cheap, though, it's not something for every occasion or setting in my opinion.

You pretty much nailed it that Roja seeks to create different scents that will be "perfect" for different people. I don't like some of his fragrances as well, a few have fairly prominent cumin notes, which is a note I hate. His fragrances that I do love, though, are absolutely magical.

Millesime Imperial. In my opinion, it's Creed's best scent. Many may not agree with me there, but it has that nice sweet, but not cloying, fruitiness, the salty aquatic notes, it's just perfect for summer, and works year-round. Women seem to love it too.

Oh, Samplesperg, you are the living end!

>MI
Whores like it, not women. Whores. Don't leave out the important details.

>perg
EVERYTIME

Have you ever tried the candles?
I remember the connaught smelling pretty good. As well as burlington arcade and the sixth floor boutique, but I didn't ask what they were using to scent the rooms.

His method reminds me of the advice given to Ragu before pasta sauces exploded with variety, along the lines of "There can never be a perfect pasta sauce, only perfect pasta sauces". This can be found applicable to most things, which is why I would never personally berate anyone for liking a fragrance that I may not like.

>>which is why I would never personally berate anyone for liking a fragrance that I may not like.

Unless it's Sauvage

Haha! Are you talking about the dude a couple months back reporting about what frags the hookers in Amsterdam were wearing?

That was me. And yes, they all loved MI.